Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
And Österdahl thinks previous 3 hostings were turbulent xYE

He manifested all this drama the second he said that about Sweden.

Ajeje Brazorf

Mälmo 2024 is on route to become the worst edition ever. Not because of the hosting country but because EBU Is seriously throwing everything out of the window atm. How can you not even make a single statement after all the fuss of the last few hours is beyond me. Even worse they are pulling a trigger on Swedish broadcaster who is facing all this mess basically alone. Österdahl, are you there? Say something or take your hands out of Eurovision. Forever. Because you are not doing your work at all.

0scar

Apparently Joost was harassed by some Israeli who mocked him and his deceased father, to whom he dedicated Europapa. Gosh, if this is what triggered him, then I really feel for him. Still no excuse for physical violence but that is poor taste.

ESC94

Mälmo 2024 is on route to become the worst edition ever. Not because of the hosting country but because EBU Is seriously throwing everything out of the window atm. How can you not even make a single statement after all the fuss of the last few hours is beyond me. Even worse they are pulling a trigger on Swedish broadcaster who is facing all this mess basically alone. Österdahl, are you there? Say something or take your hands out of Eurovision. Forever. Because you are not doing your work at all.

Österdahl is the completely wrong person for this job.

crashworld

Veteran
If it was physical I wonder what triggered it? Joost doesn't cross me as the diva type to kick off, but if he did then tbh I feel like this is partly of his own making. If it was the stage manager then it would be unfair to disqualify him

But there is something about him that doesn't seem genuine either? I can't put my finger on it, but I get the feeling he playing up a persona he has created, could be a version of him but not exactly who he is.
Whatever it is, we can only wait for EBU's announcement.
But if disqualification is on the table, this could mean it is really serious.

Or could it be just DRAMA for the sake of it.

EscGeek

Veteran
Apparently Joost was harassed by some Israeli who mocked him and his deceased father, to whom he dedicated Europapa. Gosh, if this is what triggered him, then I really feel for him. Still no excuse for physical violence but that is poor taste.

This sounds believeable. Joost is clearly very emotional when it comes to his family.. more than the average person. :(

goncalovieira

Take the chance to disqualify Israel and that is it.
But there is something about him that doesn't seem genuine either? I can't put my finger on it, but I get the feeling he playing up a persona he has created, could be a version of him but not exactly who he is.
Whatever it is, we can only wait for EBU's announcement.
But if disqualification is on the table, this could mean it is really serious.

Or could it be just DRAMA for the sake of it.
Oh come... Israeli delegation is creating all the issues this year. Disgusting.

ekzuu

Can we stop whining about how eurovision is ending etc?? Its not happening
And israel wont win the televote they will get mosly 1-8 points i think
And it is justified to dq joost if he was violent and doesnt apologize.. imo

Looren

Veteran

If this is true I understand that he went for physical violence there, mocking someone's deceased father is inhuman, some people have really no shame

Top Bottom