Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

nofuxCZ

With regard to the publication of the results of the second semi-final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2024, in the credits of that semi-final, Rai specifies that it was a technical glitch as a result of which some data - entirely partial - of the Italian national vote were erroneously highlighted in the graphics. These results, according to the Regulations of the 68th Eurovision Song Contest, can only be made public after the final evening. Rai promptly apologised to the EBU management and believes that this inconvenience does not affect the regularity of the final result. The published votes are in fact incomplete. Rai has in any case already spoken to the EBU, confirming its commitment to full compliance with all rules for the rest of the event.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

MopManMoss

Veteran
Now this might be complete cope on my part but Italy and Israel were next to eachother last night, could an explanation be Italians trying to vote for Angelina mango but accidentally voting for Israel??

AcousticCotton

Don't know who of the staff here mentioned it, but Olly really took in the feedback from the SF DR and just belts like 2 seconds less. There are still good vocal coaches in the UK.
That's always been the case, hun...

VIcebBKi2roX_n9nfafMEbm9WdOFhjtxONfen0UFtAmiTi1D2aggEAta-aDVDZPtQClf59gyeA=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Paco Roca

Now this might be complete cope on my part but Italy and Israel were next to eachother last night, could an explanation be Italians trying to vote for Angelina mango but accidentally voting for Israel??
It is not possible. In all our nations they explain to us that voting for oneself or in the wrong semi-final is null and void. Furthermore, Italy and Israel do not have the same number. If Italians were that stupid it would have happened every year.

94ayd

It is not possible. In all our nations they explain to us that voting for oneself or in the wrong semi-final is null and void. Furthermore, Italy and Israel do not have the same number. If Italians were that stupid it would have happened every year.
It's the first time automatic qualifiers are performing live amongst the semi-final competitors, isn't it?

NeoTen

To follow up my earlier claims; the EBU just walked to press there and said "they will release a statement about the Dutch" as the Dutch delegation said they were ready to perform but weren't allowed to following some sort of convo. Something is happening.

ag89

I am trying to think about the time when we had no political dramas at ESC:
2024 - no comment
2023 - ESC in Liverpool was basically held due to ongoing political crisis (war)
2022 - Ukraine wins, Russia, Belarus out
2021 - Armenia out due to the war in Karabakh
2019 - Ukraine withdrawal, Hatari, Palestinian flags
2018 - was fine I guess?
2017 - Ukraine, Russia drama again
2016 - Ukraine, Russia drama, brief war in Karabakh created heat between Armenians and Azeri during ESC, Iveta with Karabakh flag
2015 - Armenia changing the title, Russia booed, Ukraine was out
2014 - Ukraine, Russia drama, comments against Conhcita, left-right politics polarization
2013 - was fine?! Can't remember
2012 - Armenia out, ESC in Azerbaijan, Loreen visiting human rights organizations
2011 - ?
2010 - ?
2009 - We don't wanna put in, Georgia out, Putin visiting rehearsals, Azerbaijan calling out people who voted for Armenia
2008 - Kosovo declared independence, big protests in Serbia, but ESC was fine, Albania was not booed, but came with heavy security

Etc

Would be nice to analyse how EBU managed to deal with all of this.

Last edited:

Storm

Ok, I went into a deep Eurovision hole and just digged up Italy's televote results. I think it's time to take a chill pill. In 2017, Moldova got 32% televote in the semis. In 2014, Romania got 42% in Italy in the SF vs 10% for Conchita Wurst! In 2013, Gravity got >40% as well, it didn't even get the 12 televote points in the final. It doesn't seem that uncommon? Israel is surely more popular than many think but maybe we shouldn't draw conclusions too early in terms of landslide victory.

2017: https://www.rai.it/dl/docs/1494713324814ESC_2017_risultati_TELEVOTO_2017_-_def.pdf
2014: https://www.rai.it/dl/docs/1400149386957televoto.PDF
2013: https://www.rai.it/dl/docs/1369047035941EUROVISION_2013_risultati_TELEVOTO.pdf

MopManMoss

Veteran
They do it in the UK but people still try every year regardless there is a certain percent of any society that's just brainless and can't be told anything

AliceEsc

So I'm hearing form my guy there that Joost Klein has been disqualified until he apologizes for an incident yesterday.
Something happened yesterday and they decided to stop him minutes before going on stage? Cause I heard that he was in the flag parade.

Top Bottom