Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

NeoTen

So... the crowd in the stadium has given up in the dress rehearsal for the final went Israel performed minutes ago, didn't hear any booing. So... even more proof. Tali sounded out of breath in the chorus btw earlier
Strange thing happened. Israel was 5th just minutes and the Dutch nowhere to be seen. 5th is a worse place for running order so something is going on.

Storm

Well, it depends on whether on the German jury there's at least one member who is strongly pro-Palestine and puts Israel last

The jury system is preferential precisely so that one juror cannot bury a country.

1-2-4-5-26 is better than 4-4-5-5-5 for example

ESC94

That's what I was saying a few pages back. At this point one can only hope that the EBU saw those 40% for what they are (impossible basically) and went with the jury backup instead.

Well, if I remember correctly :ro: often got a very percentage of the vote in :it:. I know that´s diaspora but I wouldn´t rule it out completely.

And I´m sorry for being OT but I can´t get the picture out of my head with you siting on Slimane and he ****** you. :ROFLMAO:

gigi_copp3

I understand the point you are trying to make but we are talking about a difference of more than 30% here. 2.8 mio people watched semi 2 in Italy so it's not like we are talking about a few hundred thousand votes which are easily influenced by a diaspora or such.
Anyone knowing a little bit about statistics and data analysis should be able to see that this margin is indeed more than just fishy. Again not even Ukraine could ramp up such numbers in 2022.

Also I doubt that the Italians are that stupid.
https://twitter.com/Jennnysid/statu...-ESC-2024-Final-Before-During-and-After/page9

I'm starting to doubt ourselves

Chrisiam

We have to be blunt, Israel is going to get a good score from the teli-vote and the jury vote. Just looking at the song itself isolated from everything else it is a perfectly serviceable pop ballad that is elevated by good singing. And there is enough there for the Jury and the folks at home to get behind. Even if personally I dislike it as a piece of pop music. It is just one of those songs that just does well at the contest even if it, in any other year, would be one of the forgotten tracks of the year.

The question is "Who has the momentum?". Croatia has been considered number one for weeks now, is that enthusiasm still there or has it swung behind someone else? France and Switzerland have been considered safe bets to do well with the juries has that changed? Israel would always do respectably with the juries but given world events is that going to be enhanced or diminished?

I feel things are too in flux right now to say that it is a lock for Israel, but at the same time I think that it will do well. How well we just don't know yet.

GermanBango

Well, if I remember correctly :ro: often got a very percentage of the vote in :it:. I know that´s diaspora but I wouldn´t rule it out completely.

And I´m sorry for being OT but I can´t get the picture out of my head with you siting on Slimane and he ****** you. :ROFLMAO:
Even Ukraine in 2022 "only" got 27% in it's semi though. Talking from a data analyst standpoint this just seems like an error.

(I dreamed about it and it was glorious hahahaha)

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ukraine would have still won Eurovision in 2022 even if the juries tanked it and gave 30 points, because its televote lead was so strong - ofc there are some caveats attached. If the Italian televote is repeated right across Europe, then Israel won't need a good jury score, not even close.

ag89

let's not forget Moldova's televote results in semi final 2 in 2021... Everyone was suprised to see Moldova getting 12s from random countries while in the final Moldova received zeros from the same countrie s(ie Serbia for example).

Maybe Israel managed to mobilize its voters or whatever for the semi, but maybe the same thing is not possible for the final. Don't know.

94ayd

let's not forget Moldova's televote results in semi final 2 in 2021... Everyone was suprised to see Moldova getting 12s from random countries while in the final Moldova received zeros from the same countrie s(ie Serbia for example).

Maybe Israel managed to mobilize its voters or whatever for the semi, but maybe the same thing is not possible for the final. Don't know.
Yup, most other favourites are from semi 1 or automatic finalists.

NeoTen

Slight hint. Many western European newspapers have put Eden in their top 10. They're often a good indication for jury voting.

ESC94

That's what I was saying a few pages back. At this point one can only hope that the EBU saw those 40% for what they are (impossible basically) and went with the jury backup instead.

In a different forum I found this:

nofuxCZ

I understand the point you are trying to make but we are talking about a difference of more than 30% here. 2.8 mio people watched semi 2 in Italy so it's not like we are talking about a few hundred thousand votes which are easily influenced by a diaspora or such.
Anyone knowing a little bit about statistics and data analysis should be able to see that this margin is indeed more than just fishy. Again not even Ukraine could ramp up such numbers in 2022.

Also I doubt that the Italians are that stupid.

I don't see why 40% would be fishy. As @0scar said, the situation is way more polarized and pro-Israeli camp has much more incentive to vote. The protests in Malmö and Israel advancing to the final made the top news here. Suddenly, all the Czechs who for years said Eurovision is trash and is a political contest are wishing for Israel to win. I have also seen lots of people who never watch ESC say they watched and voted for the first time yesterday - for Israel. Example here - you can use the translator to see what they said. https://twitter.com/HejToJeMara/status/1788840481394212919
I imagine similar scenario happening in many other countries.

PolarFoxxie.

Having countries that haven't won in a long time reaching victory will be fresh air to other countries. I'm very up for a Croatia win.
Sweetheart, san Marino also never won, does that mean that by default we should award only countries that never won? So you are not voting based on song and vocals but because someone hasn't won? Wtf, this is music competition. Other criteria should be much much more important than pure statistics. We should award countries because they really deserve to win and have better songs or vocals than everyone else.

Paco Roca

I see that the terror of Israel's victory has awakened the demons in many of you. The results shown by Italy could play in favor of an Israeli non-victory. Have you thought about it? Someone in Rai had the data spread to show something was wrong. Now the Israelis will unite on Saturday but the Italian data will wake up the pro-Palestinians. Only problem, the pro-Israelis as a united front will vote for Eden, who will the pro-Palestinians vote for? Which of the songs can represent them? If the two forces managed to cancel each other out, the nation who manages to be consistent both in the jury vote and in the televoting vote could win.

NeoTen

There is a thirst trap song about Martin Osterdahl in the first half of the show. Don't miss it tomorrow. :LOL:

Top Bottom