Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Paco Roca

The good thing is that the situation could have been stemmed by not allowing Israel's participation. Not out of hatred but because the competition cannot be affected by external causes. He could allow Israel to perform as a special guest.

gigi_copp3

I'm sick and tired to root against someone this year, really so sick and tired...
I successfully "owled" against Ultimo and Geolier, now it's time to do it again. I'm so sick and tired, I fullfill myself of negative feelings. I think I'm gonna quit ESC 2025 regardless on wheter Israel or Croatia wins. See ya in February 2026, folks

AlekS

Veteran
They were so busy with killing Ukraine, that they put Switzerland in the end and it will chop Croatian jury points even more.
Daddy Slimane will be the jury winner, but Israel can win even from the 3rd jury position with such televoting.

Ajeje Brazorf

If Israel wins, is EBU ready to see the Eurovision winner receiving more boos than applause in the Arena? Yesterday was Just a hint, imagine Israel winning... I feel a little sorry for Eden who, by the way, is not Benjamin Netanyahu, but that will totally happen.

GermanBango

If these 40% are indeed valid then I guess Israel is gonna get the full 456 points from the televote. xstars

0scar

If these 40% are indeed valid then I guess Israel is gonna get the full 456 points from the televote. xstars

Well, 444, as Israel cannot give 12 points to themselves.
If :hr: would end up in second place in the televote in every single country, they would receive 370 points from the televoting, so they'll need at least 74 jury points to make up for the televote difference (which is easily doable though).

It's gonna be.. interesting

AlekS

Veteran
According to streaming numbers right after each semi and likes/dislikes ratio, she finished beneath Croatia, Ukraine, The Netherlands and Ireland (that's without pity vote).

GermanBango

If :hr: would end up in second place in the televote in every single country, they would receive 370 points from the televoting, so they'll need at least 74 jury points to make up for the televote difference (which is easily doable though).

444 - Yea right.
Israel is gonna get more jury points than Croatia though, let's be realistic. This is over.

ESC94

444 - Yea right.
Israel is gonna get more jury points than Croatia though, let's be realistic. This is over.

We have to wait and see, :it: televoting results were often a bit "special" and vulnerable to diaspora or special interest votes.

I read somewhere that maybe Italians were confused about Angelina appearing in the Semi and therefore tried to vote for them, and Israel was performing right after. I will laugh histerically if all the hysteria at the moment is based on that. :LOL:

NeoTen

Israel now has to the 2nd highest chance to win in the last 11 years of the ESC. Only race that was closer was France & Italy 2022. Difference then was that France very good in juryvoting. They're equal in jury this year. Ehm.... I think it's done. PS: Change the name of the topic to dress rehearsal please. Let's pause this nonsense.

Btw how does Isaak still have a voice straining like that?

Storm

If that happens then there's another reason to cancel Eurovision in the current form, because that would mean every country has the exact same voting pattern lol (tbh almost happened last year already, European taste getting too similar)

I don't know if I buy 400+ points for Israel. I can see them winning easily with less though as long as they finish ahead of Croatia with the juries.

I wonder if suddenly France finds itself in second place with a strong jury/tele combo and steps up as the Big 5 replacement host this time...

0scar

Israel will get a similar televoting result in each televote, let's be honest. This isn't comparable to :ua: 2022, this conflict is way more polarized and if people are pro-Israel, they will vote for it like crazy, and all the protest just creates an incentive to vote for them even more aggressively. While I don't expect Israel to win every televote, it wouldn't even surprise me that much if they actually do.

It honestly depends on if the juries are going to blank Israel or not. I don't believe they will so yeah, if I was a betting person, my money would be on :il: now.

GermanBango

We have to wait and see, :it: televoting results were often a bit "special" and vulnerable to diaspora or special interest votes.

I read somewhere that maybe Italians were confused about Angelina appearing in the Semi and therefore tried to vote for them, and Israel was performing right after. I will laugh histerically if all the hysteria at the moment is based on that. :LOL:
I understand the point you are trying to make but we are talking about a difference of more than 30% here. 2.8 mio people watched semi 2 in Italy so it's not like we are talking about a few hundred thousand votes which are easily influenced by a diaspora or such.
Anyone knowing a little bit about statistics and data analysis should be able to see that this margin is indeed more than just fishy. Again not even Ukraine could ramp up such numbers in 2022.

Also I doubt that the Italians are that stupid.

GermanBango

Israel will get a similar televoting result in each televote, let's be honest. This isn't comparable to :ua: 2022, this conflict is way more polarized and if people are pro-Israel, they will vote for it like crazy, and all the protest just creates an incentive to vote for them even more aggressively. While I don't expect Israel to win every televote, it wouldn't even surprise me that much if they actually do.

It honestly depends on if the juries are going to blank Israel or not. I don't believe they will so yeah, if I was a betting person, my money would be on :il: now.
The German jury will definitely give her 12 or 10 points. That's for sure.

ESC94

I understand the point you are trying to make but we are talking about a difference of more than 30% here. 2.8 mio people watched semi 2 in Italy so it's not like we are talking about a few hundred thousand votes which are easily influenced by a diaspora or such.
Anyone knowing a little bit about statistics and data analysis should be able to see that this margin is indeed more than just fishy. Again not even Ukraine could ramp up such numbers in 2022.

Also I doubt that the Italians are that stupid.

They watched it, but how many voted in the end??

And Italian televote often has a high amount of invalid votes.

GermanBango

They watched it, but how many voted in the end??

And Italian televote often has a high amount of invalid votes.
That's what I was saying a few pages back. At this point one can only hope that the EBU saw those 40% for what they are (impossible basically) and went with the jury backup instead.

GermanBango

Well, it depends on whether on the German jury there's at least one member who is strongly pro-Palestine and puts Israel last
I can assure you that this will not happen. The backlash for that jury member would be insane. I would be surprised if any of the jury members even dares to not put Israel in their Top 10.

Top Bottom