Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

han-g

Most israeois voted for politicians commiting these war crimes, and many still support the war, no matter how many innocent civilians who gets killed. They should not get blamed directly, legaly speaking, but it is not like the population has done nothing to support this.
Funny I remember those exact sentiments being used by pro Israelis. Im going to continue judging each Israeli person for themselves and themselves alone, just as I would do with any person regardless of nationality.

Dimitry

It shouldn't even be Israelis, just the government. If we don't blame the average Palestinian for hamas and those Palestinians who watched on and cheered the 7th October, then we shouldn't blame the average Israeli for the actions of their government, the Idf and a few other including settlers and those who try to interrupt aid workers.
At the same time you should not blame average Belarussian for what Lukaschenko is doing, but you do. So it is evedent, Eurovision touches politics.

Navn Navnes

Funny I remember those exact sentiments being used by pro Israelis. Im going to continue judging each Israeli person for themselves and themselves alone, just as I would do with any person regardless of nationality.
I am not advocating killing them or some other colective punishment like the israeli government and army are doing with the palestinians, and hamas does with the Israelis ehen they can, I am just stating realities that a lot of Israelis support the government and the army, and that is something they should not do based on very basic morals and ethics. If israel wins this it is because people support the governments actions, this would be 11th at best if it was from a country who did not have political support.

empo21

Veteran
But what would be the point of putting more of the not so strong/ interesting songs between 20-26? After all you want to have an exciting show with the climax at the very end of the running order… and it’s also about setting highlights in the running order. Therefore not every favourite can get a spot in the 2nd half or between 20-26. So most of the work is also balancing things out.
Who says? Who made the rules? It's a contest not a movie. If it was truly about the flow of the show why are Lithuania, Spain, Estonia back to back?

There are entries that have fun performances without being contenders to win. You want to have an exciting show, but your idea is to just pile up the contenders back to back?

empo21

Veteran

jatojo

You mean 6 out of 26 songs, I think you will be just fine somehow.
There are more slow ballads than midtempo songs:

1. Sweden | Uptempo

2. Ukraine | Midtempo

3. Germany | Midtempo

4. Luxembourg | Uptempo

5. Netherlands | Freaky

6. Israel | Slow ballad

7. Lithuania | Midtempo

8. Spain | Midtempo

9. Estonia | Freaky

10. Ireland | Freaky

11. Latvia | Slow ballad

12. Greece | Freaky

13. United Kingdom | Midtempo

14. Norway | Rock/ethnic

15. Italy | Uptempo

16. Serbia | Slow ballad

17. Finland | Freaky

18. Portugal | Slow ballad

19. Armenia | Uptempo/ethnic

20. Cyprus | Uptempo

21. Switzerland | Uptempo

22. Slovenia | Ballad

23. Croatia | Freaky

24. Georgia | Uptempo

25. France | Slow ballad

26. Austria | Uptempo

Paco Roca

Observing the events and the order of execution we can take for granted that there is a danger of an Israeli victory (as I thought from the beginning and being criticized by those who told me that politics would not prevail again). To save itself from disaster, the EBU placed its brand on the shoulders of Croatia and put a "convenience winner" like France back into play. The EBU also broke the legs of the Netherlands and Ukraine. Italy is currently in a limbo of uncertainty and Ireland could be the outsider. Personal opinion, most disappointing edition ever: 0 involvement, dirty political plots and songs with a dissing flavor from Sweden (who, to clean their hands, make them sing "the moral winner" - to me it gave more of a sense of showing off a precious head as a trophy on your wall at home).

soulm8

I’m expecting enormous tv vote for Croatia for all the people who want to stop Israel from winning.

Paco Roca

I expect mister "Good to Go" to resign at the end of this contest. He is taking Eurovision into oblivion. Mister Österdahl, sorry, you are good to go....
Let's hope that the EBU and the bookmakers are plotting well to make Israel "the Geolier of the Eurovision Song Contest": a "bad winner" knows how to stem it at any cost xrollinglol

GermanBango

Oh surprise surprise, the EBU still hasn't said anything about this mess. Gosh at this point I am just glad that it will be all over soon.

Top Bottom