Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

GermanBango

Banning for what? For following its own countries laws?
Banning for not following the rules of Eurovision which clearly state that no detailed results shall be released until after the final is over. Every participating country has to play by those rules - even Italy. ;)

aef

Why does everyone immediately do this - running order position is not a pre-requisite of how the results will play out. Where was Loreen in the running order last year? 9th.

Early does not equal zero chances... Just like how last year, only 1 of the last 6 songs to perform got a Top 10 (Top 3) finish.
Not every spot below 13 is srewing your chances but I mean it's clear that a later spot is better.

Realest

Why is that? I mean :it: got 15 for example, not so great... All in all the interpretation is much more useless anyway this year with "producers choice"...

15 itself might not be that good, but theres basically no contender in the near.

aef

Banning for what? For following its own countries laws? Outrageous is the fact people is voting for nothing related to a song contest to begin with. That Is outrageous. Not RAI following its national laws.
What weird national law is that??? I don't know about the exact EBU regulations for that issue but there definitely is one. And yes, it's a scandal that RAI has obivously released results before the final. It should not be like that and there should be some kind of punishment.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ukraine in #2 is certainly a bold choice. I thought Bjorkman would have put something a bit more hopeless to follow Sweden. I suppose they're different enough though to not damage one another. France looks like it has a really good draw here.

aef

15 itself might not be that good, but theres basically no contender in the near.
Ok I don't get your logic. But well...

Favourites are not allowed to be put next to eachother in your definition?

Loindici

Veteran

NeoTen

13 best spot out of the 26 according to the previous 25 years or so for Israel. Especially after bluebird man. It could come close, but they didn't just gave it the win per sé. So everyone should calm down.

1. :hr: got the 11th best spot. So EBU doesn't want to hand them the win so easily. Interesting.
  2. :ie: got the best spot before the break. EBU wants sensation. :unsure:
  3. :pt: Got the best spot overall.
So.... they're trying to make it a three-way between Croatia and Ireland and Israel. So, this confirms it based on previous studies: Israel won the televoting or came 2nd in SF2. I think based on previous years: Ukraine was second in their SF.
Croatia will prob have a gap of with 30-40 points with Israel and 70-90 with Ireland. Those three will decide with Ukraine and Switzerland (who will win the Jury) coming very close. Huge gap with the others prob.

njdevils94

Veteran
Semi final 2 as a show just ate Semi 1 and spat it back out without a second thought. The interval acts, and humour from the presenters (Petra seemed more on-point tonight) and all the acts were just so entertaining. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will likely watch it again tomorrow afternoon xheat

As for my faves, the all got through - Queen Kaleen and Joost riding high, the 90s rave kid in me loving life! Georgia was fire (literally) and France really is going in big for that jury vote, very engaging!

Latvia qualifying is the plot twist I think very few of us predicted was coming, shocker! Or maybe not a shocker considering Mustii still sung every key note in his sung a semi-tone too high. Sharp is Luna's shoulder pads!!! xfaint

Cannot wait until Saturday - such a strong final, I am happy. Israel drama aside, this has been an edition to remember for sure. xlove
One of the most memorable editions in some time. :lv: was a complete shock to me too.

Ajeje Brazorf

Banning for not following the rules of Eurovision which clearly state that no detailed results shall be released until after the final is over. Every participating country has to play by those rules - even Italy. ;)

It's not that easy. Laws are laws, rules are rules. In Italy you risk more than a simple ban in Eurovision if you don't act by the law. As in every other country.

By the way, you don't even have a prove RAI violated any rule: as much as I know, it's EBU that shouldn't release any result, not the broadcasters. And EBU didn't release anything or do you have the Semi results to share?

Last edited:

Zeus

Europapa after Israel might seem safer though.
Europapa before Israel. Knew they would pair these two together. But honestly, what do they think? Israel coming after Europapa is only hurting Europapa and helping Israel.

I can't imagine Ukraine flopped in the semi. Heart of Steel got like 190 points from the televotes last year in the final. I don't believe for a minute Ukraine didn't do well in it's semi. They butchered Ukraine.

It all looks like they want to build everything up towards Switzerland vs Croatia vs France. Look at that draw France got, at the end between Georgia and Austria. Could not have been better. They love France, that's clear.

DanielLuis

This year the voting starts right at the beginning ;) So running order won't matter that much. I wouldn't want us to be closer to the middle rather than #2.
Look at the 2010 and 2011 results, where the voting also started from the beginning.

SirPeterGriffin

What timeline is this where Portugal is actually getting some respect from the EBU? I'm not used to this. This might be a sign of a massive jury result incoming.

Ukraine totally screwed when it should be contending to win. Germany ready for...i'm sorry, zero points.

Chorizo

It looks like Israel has become the new Russia of Eurovision. After Russia was banned, I thought the days of people fearing that a certain country might win and thereby ruin the contest would be over. And then we lived happily ever after... for two years.

GermanBango

What timeline is this where Portugal is actually getting some respect from the EBU? I'm not used to this. This might be a sign of a massive jury result incoming.

Ukraine totally screwed when it should be contending to win. Germany ready for...i'm sorry, zero points.
Oh no worries, we did not expect to get anything from the public to begin with. :D

Thats the weirdest running order ever. Ukraine's video has the most likes so far. It seemed to also do quite well on apple store / itunes charts / spotify (especially for such a song). And then they put them on the 'death slot'?

Loindici

Veteran
Look at the 2010 and 2011 results, where the voting also started from the beginning.
It's very spread-out tbh. Wonder if the same scenario would repeat.

Top Bottom