Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

goncalovieira

Polish reporter to Eden: "Have you ever thought by being here you bring risk and danger for other participants in public"
Organizer : "You don''t have to answer that question if you dont want to."
Joost Klein shouting: "Why not?"

Yes. Blame the potential victim of a terroristic attack. I bet Israeli public figures love living in constant fear something like Munich 1972 might happen again. I bet Eden Golan has the time of her life im Malmö having to stay most of the time in her hotel room.
Disgusting question and unacceptable behaviour from Joost (as well as Marina Satti).
Oh, come on.
She is there standing with a proud Israeli identity.
Super fake in her attitude.

njdevils94

Veteran
Polish reporter to Eden: "Have you ever thought by being here you bring risk and danger for other participants in public"
Organizer : "You don''t have to answer that question if you dont want to."
Joost Klein shouting: "Why not?"

Yes. Blame the potential victim of a terroristic attack. I bet Israeli public figures love living in constant fear something like Munich 1972 might happen again. I bet Eden Golan has the time of her life im Malmö having to stay most of the time in her hotel room.
Disgusting question and unacceptable behaviour from Joost (as well as Marina Satti).
Bad look from Joost. He won't be helping his tele-vote score with that.

crashworld

Veteran
The witness of the tedious meltdown from the ESC fandom has been fun, just because over a leak of the results of one single voting country that could be true. No wonder we have the reputation of being drama queens.

Inb4 the conspiracy theories about Mossad infiltrating or the Jews controlling the industry, you know the same old anti-Israel/antisemitic tropes.

Anyway, even I as a Israel/Eden's supporter don't think Israel will win.

Firstly, while the leak has been confirmed as "true" by our dear Italian forum members. But how sure are we on the %? For all we know it could be manipulated (or at best a rough estimate) to show that Israel did win by a huge margin but in actual fact it didn't. You guys are blaming RAI. I see this as someone who is trying to send a message to the public to warn about a potential Israel win so you all can gather your forces to do tactical voting to prevent Israel from winning. Please be thankful to RAI for it.

Secondly, it is just a single country's results for a SF (where there are only 16 songs). In the GF, we have another 16 songs that did not get to vote in the SF competing for the vote. We have 35 other countries (excluding Israel since they can't vote for themselves and Italy if the voting pattern remains the same) to think of. ROTW is probably sealed with Israel winning (or at least top 3). While I do understand you cannot downvote a song, but how much can a Israel/Jewish diaspora (if there is one present) in the each country help? I frankly really don't think it will amount to winning the televote considering how divisive Israel's participation is. Unless it's the silent majority in the making (which I still think it's highly unlikely, but would not rule out the possibility).

Lastly, I am pretty sure behind the scenes, the juries would be alerted by this leak and likely another round of unethical tactical voting will be done to ensure Israel will be downvoted enough to prevent a win.

I am still not convinced Israel will win. There are just too many factors at play here.
So let's calm down and see what it brings on Saturday night. I am sure you guys will not be disappointed in the end.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
The witness of the tedious meltdown from the ESC fandom has been fun, just because over a leak of the results of one single voting country that could be true. No wonder we have the reputation of being drama queens.

Inb4 the conspiracy theories about Mossad infiltrating or the Jews controlling the industry, you know the same old anti-Israel/antisemitic tropes.

Anyway, even I as a Israel/Eden's supporter don't think Israel will win.

Firstly, while the leak has been confirmed as "true" by our dear Italian forum members. But how sure are we on the %? For all we know it could be manipulated (or at best a rough estimate) to show that Israel did win by a huge margin but in actual fact it didn't. You guys are blaming RAI. I see this as someone who is trying to send a message to the public to warn about a potential Israel win so you all can gather your forces to do tactical voting to prevent Israel from winning. Please be thankful to RAI for it.

Secondly, it is just a single country. We have 24 other countries (excluding Israel since they can't vote for themselves) to think of. ROTW is probably sealed with Israel winning (or at least top 3). While I do understand you cannot downvote a song, but how much can a Israel/Jewish diaspora (if there is one present) in the each country help? I frankly really don't think it will amount to winning the televote considering how divisive Israel's participation is. Unless it's the silent majority in the making (which I still think it's highly unlikely, but would not rule out the possibility).

Lastly, I am pretty sure behind the scenes, the juries would be alerted by this leak and likely another round of unethical tactical voting will be done to ensure Israel will be downvoted enough to prevent a win.

I am still not convinced Israel will win. There are just too many factors at play here.
So let's calm down and see what it brings on Saturday night. I am sure you guys will not be disappointed in the end.
Just asking as a fellow SEAn, are you currently on lunch break? xcheers

MopManMoss

Veteran
Yes this fandom is hyper reactive and over the top in looking at information some times however given the current geopolitical climate an Israeli win would be a knock of such a scale to the reputation of this contest that I don't think it would ever recover

PolarFoxxie.

I can't find general discussion thread. Can someone redirect me to it please?
I will say it here. Producer's choice idea is the worst thing ever. Christer bjorkman Martin osterdahl and other Swedish maf*a deciding behind closed doors results is shameful.

It is such a shame that few people decided actual outcome of results. Putting favourite in the odds with 40% of chance Croatia at the end and putting Ukraine one of the favourites to 2nd sloth. That is fishy. Why not putting clear favourite like Croatia at number 2 sloth. This is so unfair that producers are deciding the results and who will win.

We were perfectly fine with random results. Can't wait to see osterdahl and christer bjorkman retiring. Dislike! Ohhh my god!

HayashiM

Veteran
LMFAO, Ukraine at 2nd. One would think those people are more afraid of Stefania 2.0 rather than Israel. But then again - those ******** would have never ever done that to their own darlings.

This clownery needs to stop. EBU treating some countries like first class citizens needs to stop. You're good to go Martin. You're good to go Chris. Don't come back.

Gitte

Why do people forget that this year people can vote from the start? Early running order might actually be advanteguous. People will vote for the first song they love on first impression.

gigi_copp3

I think our results are plausibile.
I have two theories:
1) RAI made those graphics accidentally: they couldn't remember that percentages has to be hidden until the end of the contest and followed our law to always show the results.
2) Who made those graphics was a huge pro-Palestine supporter and wanted to show Europe the truth in order to warn it.
The R/O basically killed all the favourites, apart from Israel and Croatia: the EBU is clearly betting on Croatia in order to stop Israel, and Baby Lasagna could gain the massive anti-Israel vote, in a Geolier-Angelina Mango scenario.
France is getting the third place.
I told y'all Israel was gonna destroy the televoting, hotel juries and anti-Israel supporters massively vote for Baby Lasagna

crashworld

Veteran
Why do people forget that this year people can vote from the start? Early running order might actually be advanteguous. People will vote for the first song they love on first impression.

It could have helped but I'm not entirely sure it would negate the notion entirely. Because typically the viewership will only grow in size from the middle of the show and peaked before the end. That would be an effect that will be multiplied by 37 countries and ROTW vote. So obviously the favourites will be able to take advantage of this.

PolarFoxxie.

But to get fair results, put Cro who has 40% apparently for the win number 2 sloth. That would be completely fair. This is unfair to every other country. Ukraine 2nd and Israel 6th performing. Ohhh please I don't need few people behind closed doors deciding the winner. Wt* christer bjorkman. Can't wait to see them go and to see back random draws.

gigi_copp3

But to get fair results, put Cro who has 40% apparently for the win number 2 sloth. That would be completely fair. This is unfair to every other country. Ukraine 2nd and Israel 6th performing. Ohhh please I don't need few people behind closed doors deciding the winner. Wt* christer bjorkman. Can't wait to see them go and to see back random draws.
I think semi results are better indicators than odds, if RAI didn't show the results Israel would have been at 2%/3%. But it probably won yesterday and will win the televote in the final.

Top Bottom