Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Look at the 2010 and 2011 results, where the voting also started from the beginning.
2010:
1. #5 Safura :LOL:
I wouldn't compare Spain and Norway to our entry, lol.

2011:
with more average songs.

Ukraine winning from the 2 position would be epic. xheat
I doubt that we will win. They set it for Croatia. And I don't mind.

Last edited:

Zeus

Here is a theory: Israel won semi 2, The Netherlands came second. Croatia won semi 1, Ukraine came second. The EBU fears a Israel win. They feel Croatia might be their biggest contender. What do they do? They put Israel and other televote magnets like Ukraine and The Netherlands very early and close to each other, so that they can push Croatia for a televote win. France gets a great late draw too in order to win the juries.

Miloutchi

Here is a theory: Israel won semi 2, The Netherlands came second. Croatia won semi 1, Ukraine came second. The EBU fears a Israel win. They feel Croatia might be their biggest contender. What do they do? They put Israel and other televote magnets like Ukraine and The Netherlands very early and close to each other, so that they can push Croatia for a televote win. France gets a great late draw too in order to win the juries.
Could be, but it won’t matter. If the votes from
Italy are representative for other countries, Israel would win even if they didn’t perform at all.

Ajeje Brazorf

Ukraine came third, second came the witch. Croatia, Ireland, Ukraine was probably the top 3 of semi 1. The witch will be trashed by the juries in the Finale.

NeoTen

Why does everyone immediately do this - running order position is not a pre-requisite of how the results will play out. Where was Loreen in the running order last year? 9th.

Early does not equal zero chances... Just like how last year, only 1 of the last 6 songs to perform got a Top 10 (Top 3) finish.
It's a open secret a few know whats landing well and they try to even odds up. The Dutch guys from the production just snitch hints throughout the building every year. They gave Loreen that spot because they knew the juries would love her way more than Kaarija. When you have a contest with so much big data to crunch through, some things get more clear after 60 years.

Loindici

Veteran

DanielLuis

2010:
1. #5 Safura :LOL:
I wouldn't compare Spain and Norway to our entry, lol.

2011:
with more average songs.

I doubt that we will win. They set it for Croatia. And I don't mind.
The EBU themselves stated that the reason why they removed this rule in 2012 was because an overwhelming majority of voters still voted only at the end of the show in 2010 and 2011. And I think this year that is very likely to be the case too.

I think they put Ukraine at #2 to try and dimistify that the death slot is a guarantee of a bad result, because the Ukrainian entry is strong enough to get top 10 or even top 5 placement from #02 anyway. But there is absolutely no way Ukraine wins now, and there definitely would have been a chance if Ukraine had been placed in a better spot.

goncalovieira

Yes it's a very very decent running order for :pt:. I feared that :pt: might get #2. Now you can do very well from that spot, with juries anyway but maybe also a little bit with televoters.
It is really good. She will be the last female ballad of the night.

AlekS

Veteran
I think they put Ukraine at #2 to try and dimistify that the death slot is a guarantee of a bad result, because the Ukrainian entry is strong enough to get top 10 or even top 5 placement from #02 anyway. But there is absolutely no way Ukraine wins now, and there definitely would have been a chance if Ukraine had been placed in a better spot.
How could we win even theoretically, if Croatia won televoting in our semi and the juries traditionally like us less than televoters? :unsure:

ekzuu

How dare they kill Ukraine like this? I hate hate hate hate them. If Ukraine won 1st semi everything is clear... Ukraine for the win

DanielLuis

How could we win even theoretically, if Croatia won televoting in our semi and the juries traditionally like us less than televoters? :unsure:
Oh come on, don't play naive and act like Ukraine isn't one of the top favourites.

First of all, you don't know that Croatia won the televoting in the first semi.

Second of all, even if they did, and they win the televoting on Saturday, it would be totally possible for Ukraine to do well enough to still overtake them. The song itself is beautiful, one of the best ballads of the year, and has a message. The performance is great and plays to the song's strength. And the sympathy for the unfortunate Ukrainian situation doesnt hurt the televoting chances either. It is totally possible it would only fall short of the televoting win by a few dozen of points.

Meanwhile, it's a very jury friendly song too that should be rewarded for it's artistic merit. It's totally possible that it would outscore Croatia enough in the jury to overcome a potentially small televoting different.

IIt definitely ain't happening now though because the #02 slot will hurt it a lot in both sectors of the voting. Still think a top 5 is attainable but that win scenario it had before is out of the window.

Loindici

Veteran
And Joost being disrespectful at press conference killed my appreciation for him... who do you think you are??
On the contrary I saw him being as respectful as he can be without blowing up. He could just chose not to sit there and leave but he attended.

ekzuu

On the contrary I saw him being as respectful as he can be without blowing up. He could just chose not to sit there and leave but he attended.
Well i think they should focus on their performance and representing their country not acting like school bullies doing faces and other things.. its not honourable and intelligent behaviour in my opinion... its ok if you prefer israel not participating but ultimately nobody asked and this is not the right channel, go talk to ebu directly if you have guts

AlekS

Veteran
Oh come on, don't play naive and act like Ukraine isn't one of the top favourites.
I didn't say we weren't top fave ;), I really think Croatia won the televote.

First of all, you don't know that Croatia won the televoting in the first semi.
If they put televoting winner 2nd I would gag xrofl Basing on streaming charts, views/likes ratio and the help from diaspora, we were at least 2nd.

Last edited:

Polish reporter to Eden: "Have you ever thought by being here you bring risk and danger for other participants in public"
Organizer : "You don''t have to answer that question if you dont want to."
Joost Klein shouting: "Why not?"

Yes. Blame the potential victim of a terroristic attack. I bet Israeli public figures love living in constant fear something like Munich 1972 might happen again. I bet Eden Golan has the time of her life im Malmö having to stay most of the time in her hotel room.
Disgusting question and unacceptable behaviour from Joost (as well as Marina Satti).

Loindici

Veteran
Polish reporter to Eden: "Have you ever thought by being here you bring risk and danger for other participants in public"
Organizer : "You don''t have to answer that question if you dont want to."
Joost Klein shouting: "Why not?"

Yes. Blame the potential victim of a terroristic attack. I bet Israeli public figures love living in constant fear something like Munich 1972 might happen again. I bet Eden Golan has the time of her life im Malmö having to stay most of the time in her hotel room.
Disgusting question and unacceptable behaviour from Joost (as well as Marina Satti).
Eden is a fully conscious adult.

Top Bottom