Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

GermanBango

It would be interesting to know how the televote percentages in Italy usually are. Like how much percent does the winner usually get?

Edit: Found the numbers for 2022. Apparently Ukraine got ~24% in the semi and ~30% in the final. These 39% just cannot be legit.

Zeus

Running order won't matter for Israel because it's not really about the song isn't it. But still, EBU needs to give me Ireland right after Israel. That would be ballsy.

Europapa after Israel might seem safer though.

nudiecrudi

The ESC fans are going nuts.
That televote should not surprise you at all.
Living in a bubble does not help.
Hurricane is the only decent ballad, she sings it perfectly.
The mood fits the situation as much Stefania matched the situation in 2022.
Usually italian public does vote for good voices and singing.
That's it

Malagant

FSC Administrator
Staff member
QGdPmiq.jpg

aef

Bruhahaha :ua: #2 will make many fans go crazy a f but I like it. :nl: also very early.

GermanBango

Well naturally they have to place some of the faves in the first half as well so I won’t read too much into all of this. It anyhow is what it is: a good song will win from any spot.

aef

so I guess Christer doesn't consider Ukraine, the Netherlands, Israel and Ireland to be contenders for the win huh

anyway it seems that the Netherlands and Ukraine didn't do that great in the semi. Switzerland and Croatia seem to have done really well (as expected)
Officially Christer doesn't know about the SF results. And I mean not every somehow possible top 5 song can get a spot in second half.

Smudy

First half looks really odd. #2 Ukraine #5 Netherlands #6 Israel.

Croatia got an incredible spot, maybe they are trying to set this up a little for their win.

Grinch

:ua: is #2 lol good. It will ruin their chances.
:nl: and :il: being too early is weird.
:hr: is perfect.

Loindici

Veteran

Ajeje Brazorf

Imagine building up hype for an entire year, watching national finals, browsing through databases, creating rankings, watching rehearsals .... just to get the likely results leaked in advance by some Italian broadcaster who apparently gives a flying fuck about the rules of Eurovision.
This is outrageous and RAI should be banned for that. If there will be a contest next year that is ...

Banning for what? For following its own countries laws? Outrageous is the fact people is voting for nothing related to a song contest to begin with. That Is outrageous. Not RAI following its national laws.

• Fuego
Reactions: MS.

Realest

:hr::fr::ie::ch::it: are Björkmans 5 Contenders?

aef

Portugal 18... oh nice...
Especially between Finland and Armenia? 🤭
Yes it's a very very decent running order for :pt:. I feared that :pt: might get #2. Now you can do very well from that spot, with juries anyway but maybe also a little bit with televoters.

theditz83

Veteran
Why does everyone immediately do this - running order position is not a pre-requisite of how the results will play out. Where was Loreen in the running order last year? 9th.

Early does not equal zero chances... Just like how last year, only 1 of the last 6 songs to perform got a Top 10 (Top 3) finish.

aef

:hr::fr::ie::ch::it: are Björkmans 5 Contenders?
Why is that? I mean :it: got 15 for example, not so great... All in all the interpretation is much more useless anyway this year with "producers choice"...

Top Bottom