Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
I am in Belgium. At least VRT showed 100% of Israel's performance.
(Deleting this because i haven't read the context)

KazNew

If Israel wins it's going to be catastrophic to the health of the contest.

If I was the EBU I'd be shitting bricks right now.
It’s the hill that the EBU have chosen to die upon. They have well and truly dug their own grave and RAI have just prepared the coffin. I have zero patience or sympathy remaining for this shameless organisation and ESPECIALLY for Martin Osterdahl who deserves nothing more than to move to Tel Aviv and fade into obscurity for the rest of his life. His decisions as director are consistently abhorrent.

Loindici

Veteran

Dimitry

Very disappointed with organization this year. How Finland was actually allowed for such show. It is not fun, not nice, just stupid behavior. Actually in my country this guy could get to prison, as Eurovision has no 18+ mark. A lot of people see it with children.

nudiecrudi

Imagine building up hype for an entire year, watching national finals, browsing through databases, creating rankings, watching rehearsals .... just to get the likely results leaked in advance by some Italian broadcaster who apparently gives a flying fuck about the rules of Eurovision.
This is outrageous and RAI should be banned for that. If there will be a contest next year that is ...
You're always so kind with Italy.
Very mature from you.
An entire broadcaster should be banned because someone who works with the last titles did something against the rules?

jatojo

Imagine building up hype for an entire year, watching national finals, browsing through databases, creating rankings, watching rehearsals .... just to get the likely results leaked in advance by some Italian broadcaster who apparently gives a flying fuck about the rules of Eurovision.
This is outrageous and RAI should be banned for that. If there will be a contest next year that is ...
It's not like the whole televote result of Europe was revealed.

Miloutchi

My last hope is that the EBU found irregularities in the Italian televoting (I mean, 40% ... come on) and went with the backup jury vote instead.
I doubt it. I wonder why we’re even surprised. If you think about it, it’s not all that shocking.

I get it now why most of my friends decided to boycot the ESC this year. It wasn’t about making a statement. It was just to protect themselves from seeing something they love turn into a shitshow.

NeoTen

A lot of juries and betters inside the building voted for Belgium to Q and were very surprised. OGAE suggests because OGAE heard from dozens of local OGAE that Belgium qualified in their voting that it must be cuz of the blackout. They themselves say in the full statement it is just rumours and suspicions. EBU's lawbook says the broadcaster would be fined and banned first (see TRT and Krista or Chinese TV), not the country. So this is BS.

aef

Any damn news about the running order? Did Christer accidentally fall asleep? Shouldn't take him that long, now that he can decide almost everthing himself. Just put a decent entry like :pt: at #2 to crush its chances and your average job is done.

aef

On twitter I read about the theory that some :it: might have also accidentally voted for :il: because of :it: performing right before :il:. Doesn't sound very realistic but maybe it explains some of the 39%.

nudiecrudi

On twitter I read about the theory that some :it: might have also accidentally voted for :il: because of :it: performing right before :il:. Doesn't sound very realistic but maybe it explains some of the 39%.
It was explained so many times by our commentators that Italy is directly in the final

Sabrewulf238

This is some severe levels of coping. I'm afraid it's terminal.

aef

This is some severe levels of coping. I'm afraid it's terminal.
Yeah I mean as I already wrote, it's not a very serious explanation for the result.

b4ld3r

If the EBU didn't give Kalush Orchestra a bad spot, why would they give one to Israel? They have been defending Kan since this whole current phase of the conflict started, and it would look very transparent.

I also think that people who are telling themselves that the juries won't vote for the odds favourite English language ballad are delusional. People who feel strongly are not going to associate with the contest at all this year by sitting on a jury. In such an even year finishing fifth with the juries with a high televote score could be more than enough.

The only question here is whether or not the Italian televote score was replicated in every other voting country. And how the larger field of voting countries and performing countries will affect its percentage.

Top Bottom