Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Ajeje Brazorf

It might be Italian law but I'm pretty sure there must be some EBU Eurovision contract disallowing that. So the least you'd expect is some sort of fine for RAI? If it's legit of course.

If it is as you, my friend suggest, and if it is how I believe, better a fine than a process, I guess. I will keep on eye Saturday night to see if It wasn't just a case, because Saturday Italy votes and if they share the votes immediately after the show, yes, they received order to share them. RAI is not a private, it's a public broadcasters so has strict rules at times.

Loindici

Veteran

Chrisiam

EBU will likely make a statement on the Italian vote leak after the contest is over once there has been an investigation. Aside that I don't know what else they'd do in the meantime, I can't see them punishing the broadcaster, and if they do, what do they do then? Do what they did in '22 with those jury results only for Italy as a whole? If they did that I can't see it going down well, especially given they are one of the big five and have a fair bit of clout as a result.

Chorizo

Im truly afraid of an :il:: surge on Saturday now.
I really hope we will not be confronted with the political mess of an Israeli win. When Ukraine won for political reasons, the support for Ukraine was much stronger in Europe and those against Ukraine were just the “bad Russians” and “Putin fans”. Israel is more polarizing now and that could massively overshadow next year’s contest.

nudiecrudi

They wanna prove how whole Europe is supporting them, when everyone who votes for them is Jewish living in a different country. Fair point….
I'm not saying Israel is going to win but for sure is a contender now. In some particular periods the nationalism becomes very strong and in this case isn't related only to people that live in that country but to the entire religious community allover which feels very connected to their roots and homeland.

Storm

If it is as you, my friend suggest, and if it is how I believe, better a fine than a process, I guess. I will keep on eye Saturday night to see if It wasn't just a case, because Saturday Italy votes and if they share the votes immediately after the show, yes, they received order to share them. RAI is not a private, it's a public broadcasters so has strict rules at times.

Oh German broadcasters is also public but the whole concept of Eurovision would go down the drain if every country releases SF results before the final, so I'm sure the EBU must have some rules in place to prevent that. Of course afterwards, meaning two days later, it should all be transparent

nudiecrudi

I think someone got the wrong idea to reveal the italian televoting.
It has never happened.
Yes after the final Rai shows immediately the televote results but only in that case

soulm8

This whole situation will bring more security concerns for the Grand Final if it wasn’t any till now….

EscGeek

Veteran
I think one RAI employee just trolled us all. :lol: But even if Israel actually wins with a ridiculous margin, it wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. Yes, i understand that the situation with Ukraine is different, but eurovision is larger than life and it will outlive us all.

Wynnter

Maaaan at this point I'm starting to feel like wanting for this whole shitshow to just be over and done with

I am NOT having post-Eurovision depression this year xfaint

theditz83

Veteran
Semi final 2 as a show just ate Semi 1 and spat it back out without a second thought. The interval acts, and humour from the presenters (Petra seemed more on-point tonight) and all the acts were just so entertaining. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will likely watch it again tomorrow afternoon xheat

As for my faves, the all got through - Queen Kaleen and Joost riding high, the 90s rave kid in me loving life! Georgia was fire (literally) and France really is going in big for that jury vote, very engaging!

Latvia qualifying is the plot twist I think very few of us predicted was coming, shocker! Or maybe not a shocker considering Mustii still sung every key note in his sung a semi-tone too high. Sharp is Luna's shoulder pads!!! xfaint

Cannot wait until Saturday - such a strong final, I am happy. Israel drama aside, this has been an edition to remember for sure. xlove

Top Bottom