Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

soulm8

Let me quote this from other guy, sums it up well:

“Sum up of letting Israel participate: 1. artists, delegations and fans put in danger. 2. Love and peace but only for a country that is ebu’s sponsor (morrocan oil). 3. Shadowbanning P@lestine from even being talked about. 4. (potentially) having a politicial win once again, this time, with a bad song. 5. Countries withdrawing from the contest next year. Congratulations.”

GermanBango

Imagine building up hype for an entire year, watching national finals, browsing through databases, creating rankings, watching rehearsals .... just to get the likely results leaked in advance by some Italian broadcaster who apparently gives a flying fuck about the rules of Eurovision.
This is outrageous and RAI should be banned for that. If there will be a contest next year that is ...

AlekS

Veteran
Positions of Israeli song on Itunes as of now:

kVBDAqi.png

It's doing well, definitely could have won its semi. Not sure if it will retain those Italian 39% in the final tho.

Last edited:

Etanna

I wonder how the massive odd changes have influenced Christer Bjorkman's idea of who the potential winners are. It's ridiculous that he should take these things into consideration but since he does I wonder if he'll give Israel a good running order. Although I think he may try to put it into a bad spot to prevent a good result,

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder how the massive odd changes have influenced Christer Bjorkman's idea of who the potential winners are. It's ridiculous that he should take these things into consideration but since he does I wonder if he'll give Israel a good running order. Although I think he may try to put it into a bad spot to prevent a good result,

Potentially, I had also thought maybe Bambie might be given a meh slot for the comments she made about the EBU. Bjorkman isn't averse to giving a fan fave a bad slot.

Loindici

Veteran
Eurovision will be fine.

If this season taught us anything, is that all those callings of boycotts and protests and petitions... don't really matter that much against the large mass that is the normie contigent.

I agree partly? Maybe Eurovision can be fine if somehow so little buzz was generated after the Grand Final, but I'd like to see the actual normal press and audiences' thoughts at the show. Nothing is surely fine without an actual reaction to validate this claim from.

Top Bottom