Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

aef

I’m not like „yes it’s over soon“. You know what, I’m still looking forward to the evening. Nobody can steal my passion away. Not even Barbara Schöneberger in :de: :at: :ch: pre-show hahaha.

And you know what too, very likely the current drama won’t be over tomorrow or in a few days,

Himan

The Dutch television has raised charges upon the EBU. Since they can't play anymore Martin Österdahl has been suspended.:p

jatojo

It would be interesting to know if an incident like the one with Joost Klein is unique in the history of Eurovision. My guess is that artists have behaved stupidly towards people from the staff many times. So ultimately, this was "accident waiting to happen" in the light of MeToo and all the other stuff of which I only partially approve.

If it had been physical violence as mentioned at first (was it in order to avoid criticism because the organizers speculated that no one will criticize a DQ in a case of violence?), then I guess it would have had consequences even decades ago. But as it is, with the organizers insisting on disqualifying the Netherlands and not accepting an apology, I think it's the result of a sort of no tolerance policy that is only a few years old. And it happens in a country which is probably number one in the world when it comes to MeToo cases.

GermanBango

It’s the first time in 5 years that I am watching the final alone actually.

Top Bottom