Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Non ESC friends sending me Eurovison "News" from media outlets via text. Like stuff I read in this very forum 24 hours ago.

It's cute but what the hell are they thinking Eurovision fans are doing during Eurovison week?

Yes I've been having the same thing. It happens all the time. My mum sent me a link to Dizzy about a week after it was revealed as our entry just to let me know. :LOL: It's nice they think to do it, but also kinda funny

GermanBango

At this point I can even see the EBU scrapping calling the spokespeople to give the jury votes and just let the hosts do it. They are probably scared that some will use the platform to say something about the war. As we all know: There is no war in Ba Sing Se uhm I mean Israel uhm I mean Malmö.

NemesisNick

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 Analysis

Here are all the 25 finalists, in the order they will perform tonight:
Sweden, Ukraine, Germany, Luxembourg, Israel, Lithuania, Spain, Estonia, Ireland, Latvia, Greece, United Kingdom, Norway, Italy, Serbia, Finland, Portugal, Armenia, Cyprus, Switzerland, Slovenia, Croatia, Georgia, France, Austria.

Now for the 11‬ countries which failed to reach the final, but which will still vote tonight:‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Czechia, Denmark, Iceland, Malta, Moldova, Poland, San Marino.

N.B. The Netherlands was among the top ten countries, which qualified from the Eurovision Song Contest 2024 Second Semi-Final, on Thursday 9 May 2024, and whose entry was planned to perform between the entries of Luxembourg and Israel in the Eurovision Song Contest 2024 Grand Final, but was officially disqualified earlier today.

Now let's look at some country groups:

Baltic States (Ex-USSR)
In: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania.

Nordic area
In: Finland, Norway, Sweden. Out: Denmark, Iceland.

Benelux
In: Luxembourg. Out: Belgium, Netherlands.

Former Yugoslavia
In: Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia. Didn’t enter: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia.

Central Europe
In: Austria, Germany, Slovenia, Switzerland. Out: Czechia, Poland. Didn’t enter: Hungary, Slovakia.

Greece and Cyprus
In: Cyprus, Greece.

Iberian Peninsula
In: Portugal, Spain. Didn’t enter: Andorra.

Founding Seven
By this I mean the seven countries which appeared in the very first Eurovision Song Contest in Lugano in 1956:

In: France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Switzerland. Out: Belgium, Netherlands.

More details about each group are available on my blog:
Eurovision Song Contest 2024 Analysis

Sammy

Veteran
Non ESC friends sending me Eurovison "News" from media outlets via text. Like stuff I read in this very forum 24 hours ago.

It's cute but what the hell are they thinking Eurovision fans are doing during Eurovison week?
same here!

Teaisloveable

"Over the last few [] have raised multiple complaints to the EBU regarding instances I have experienced this week. Earlier today they confirmed to my delegation in front of others that KAN's commentator had broken the rules of conduct during the Eurovision semi final 1. I have been patiently waiting to hear what action is set to be taken by the EBU following this rule break. I have since seen a statement by EBU director general Noel Curran which contradicts this earlier confirmation. I am still waiting for an official update from the EBU"

- Bambie's Instagram story post

Top Bottom