Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

ekzuu

"Over the last few [] have raised multiple complaints to the EBU regarding instances I have experienced this week. Earlier today they confirmed to my delegation in front of others that KAN's commentator had broken the rules of conduct during the Eurovision semi final 1. I have been patiently waiting to hear what action is set to be taken by the EBU following this rule break. I have since seen a statement by EBU director general Noel Curran which contradicts this earlier confirmation. I am still waiting for an official update from the EBU"

- Bambie's Instagram story post
Oh god.. its clear they wont do anything i think

Realest

K**rij* withdrew from being Spokesperson.

AlekS

Veteran
:gr: and :ch: also had accidents with Israeli media that took pictures/videos of them despite being warned.

There are rumours that Jerry Heil liked this tweet, but I can't find this anywhere in her account:

4mRi1Ss.jpeg

Could be fake.

Ukraine probably won't give 12 pts to Israel because Suspilne's commentator will warn everyone of her Russian past (which is a fact from her bio she was proud of before 2024, but then suddenly changed her opinion for Eurovision ;)).

Last edited:

ESC94

I know the past few days were very "turbulent" to say it a polite way and I´m also very exhausted from the Joost story (don´t know what to think about that). xthink

But I won´t let destroy any idiot or activist from any side my love for this contest!! Eurovision survived the Covid crisis and I´m sure it will also survive everything happening at the moment. Maybe I´m naive about this but a fair amount of optimism doesn´t harm in this situation if you ask me. xshrug

I wish all of you a very nice evening and may your personal favourite win or at least do as good as possible. xcheer

Himan

I know the past few days were very "turbulent" to say it a polite way and I´m also very exhausted from the Joost story (don´t know what to think about that). xthink

But I won´t let destroy any idiot or activist from any side my love for this contest!! Eurovision survived the Covid crisis and I´m sure it will also survive everything happening at the moment. Maybe I´m naive about this but a fair amount of optimism doesn´t harm in this situation if you ask me. xshrug

I wish all of you a very nice evening and may your personal favourite win or at least do as good as possible. xcheer
Until you're Dutch... than it's ruined...

Sabrewulf238

This does seem like a very innocent take yes.

I don't think Covid is comparable to this. It took out the contest for a year but it's not like the credibility of the contest was under question.

Miloutchi

Until you're Dutch... than it's ruined...
It is. It so is. I absolutely love Eurovision. If it wasn’t for my work, I would try to go to the shows every year, but I don’t think I can ever look at it with the same happy feeling as before. Or at least not in the next 10 years.

aef

The Sun ("very" credible source :cool:) says that Loreen refused to give Eurovision trophy to Eden if she wins.
Never really been a Loreen fanboy but if it’s true then congrats for that choice Loreen!

ESC94

Exactly, I’m devastated. I can’t stop crying. I haven’t logged into this account for years.

I don’t even like the song. But I just feel so sad.

I send you a big hug from :de:. I was never a fan of the song but the events make me kinda sad as well. xrunhug

lacrymea

Not to ruin your genuine optimism, but the Covid crisis was a common crisis. We were all in the same boat.

Now the boat has a drunken captain, there is a crazy man inside running around with a torch and people are jumping to the water or asking for a refund.

Still, truly hope everyone enjoys the night as best as they can.

Top Bottom