Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Paco Roca

According to Norwegian press, the UK, Ireland, Portugal and Switzerland were considering withdrawing following the events of yesterday and held meetings with the EBU until late in the night.
Ireland no! xcry

crashworld

Veteran

According to Norwegian press, the UK, Ireland, Portugal and Switzerland were considering withdrawing following the events of yesterday and held meetings with the EBU until late in the night.

A question, if they do decide to withdraw (or not turned up during their scheduled performances), I presume the broadcasters will be censured and fined? Because I just want to know what will the repercussion be for these countries and how likely they will do this.

Chorizo

Tell it to your politicians. If there are no sanctions on the political level, and the internal EBU rules haven’t been breached, then any country should be allowed to participate.
The internal EBU rules are the problem. That's why they should be changed. After this overdue rule change has been implemented, those that don't break the rules should be invited to participate.

Uto

Veteran
A question, if they do decide to withdraw (or not turned up during their scheduled performances), I presume the broadcasters will be censured and fined? Because I just want to know what will the repercussion be for these countries and how likely they will do this.
Possibly, but this is trivially solved by going on stage, performing a shitshow in protest, saying some choice words and then crowdfund the fine you get, I mean it's not like you can realistically force people against their will to a significant degree.

Cathan

Hope the EBU are proud of themselves, they switched to the dark side and backed Israel and now its all blowing up in their faces...they deserve this mess they've got themselves in and while as an ESC fan I'm furious, gutted (every bad word you can think of under the sun) from non esc fans perspective I am so satisfied that this has all blown up in their faces.

Storm

Hope the EBU are proud of themselves, they switched to the dark side and backed Israel and now its all blowing up in their faces...they deserve this mess they've got themselves in and while as an ESC fan I'm furious, gutted (every bad word you can think of under the sun) from non esc fans perspective I am so satisfied that this has all blown up in their faces.

Why do people always throw everything together though?
The biggest disturbance of the contest - the Joost Klein thing - has nothing to do with Israel...
Not even Israeli delegation members allegedly misbehaving has anything to do with THE Israel thing directly.

Cathan

I t
Why do people always throw everything together though?
The biggest disturbance of the contest - the Joost Klein thing - has nothing to do with Israel...
Not even Israeli delegation members allegedly misbehaving has anything to do with THE Israel thing directly.
And do you honestly expect me to believe?

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

You know shit is really bad when even the BBC are considering withdrawing…

Top Bottom