Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

empo21

Veteran
I won't blindly defend Joost before we get more info, but I find is soooooooooo hilarious that EBU has the audacity to talk about zero-tolerance.

What exactly includes EBU's zero-tolerance policies? Definitely not genocide.

And apparently there's some sort of a Martin Osterdahl song during the show. An absurd circlejerk.

The jury results will be a mess. Finland's spokesperson didn't even want go give 12 pts to Israel during a rehearsal!

soulm8

and THAT‘S supposee to be a prove that it happened? I thought that was a video?!?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I guess you buy proves only when you want to prove your point! Everything we get is taken from sources, you are not there, you can’t prove anything . In the world of AI even video can’t prove a thing.

EscGeek

Veteran
It's not to late for another shitshow... *grabs popcorn*

As long as everybody returns home safe and sound i'm good :LOL:

MAD20

So to sum up:

- Netherlands dq'd.
- Crisis meeting with Ireland, Switzerland and Greece.
- Italy ¿sanctioned? because of Angelina's peace statement.

But the harassment from the Israeli delegation has not been investigated at all, even with videos circulating in social networks. Damn, it stinks soooooo much...

soulm8

Apparently there is a crisis meeting with Ireland, Greece, and Switzerland. I was wrong. We should keep worrying.
They are all complaining of Israel. Let’s EBU maintain zero harassment policy .

Wynnter

https://eurovision.tv/vote

As a result of no participation from the Netherlands in the Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final the following will take effect:

All contestants keep their number in the official Running Order. There will be NO song in position number 5.

The jury results, received after Dress Rehearsal 2 on Friday 10 May have been recalculated so that the Netherlands will not receive any points. This is why all jury members have to rank all songs from 1 to 26.

For example if the Netherlands was ranked 9th by a national jury in a country the 10th ranked song is now ranked 9th and will receive 2 points and the former 11th ranked song is now 10th and gets 1 point.

No points will be awarded to the Netherlands from the viewing public.

Viewers in the Netherlands are still allowed to vote in the Grand Final and the Netherlands Jury result in still valid.

The EBU will inform all telecommunications partners that the Netherlands is no longer participating, and we will endeavor to block the lines for Song 5. We ask that no one attempts to vote for Song 5. Should anyone try to vote for song 5 their votes will not count but there is a possibly viewers may be charged.

The Netherlands will not appear on the scoreboard.

Lance Esgard

Are we going to have a Serbia & Montenegro 2006 situation later tonight or will Dutch voters have to go through the Rest of the World vote?
In case you missed it, the official EBU statement had an update stating that the Netherlands can still vote (and still have a jury vote as well). They can give points but won't receive any.

Top Bottom