Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

aef

sorry that’s too far fetched for me. I dont believe a post here just because it fits my opinion.
Talking about the cheering thing: What kind of source do you want to have? It was posted on Twitter multiple times. I wasn’t there, I can’t give you a 100 % valid source. There was also that video of that Israeli harassing :nl: team members. And so on. To me the :il: delegation with their appearance and behaviour seems totally behind their countries actions in the ongoing conflict and that’s just not something I want to tolerate. Or did you hear and critical comment from them?

Talking about the political context. It’s just not like with :ua:. They are defending their country while :il: has got thousands of liters of blood on their hand, killing families and children mostly in Gaza. And in general their whole settlement policy… Look, it’s just that both sides in that conflict have to be taken into account, nobody is just a victim there. And talking about the normal civilians that just want to live in peace, you can find them on both sides.

And the most annoying thing is that western media and leaders are still mostly blind when it comes to :il: and their behaviour.

Chorizo

I'm a little worried if some delegations are starting to pull back their 2025 participation, as there seemed to be failure of management regarding respect, safety, and comfort of the participating artists.
If Israel wins, I hope the number of countries that boycott the contest next year will be so high, that they can't even organize semi-finals anymore. I have been watching Eurovision since I was a kid and I want the show to go on, but the current political travesty needs to stop. If Israel wins, the best thing would be to make the EBU feel the pain of handling things the wrong way. If important big countries withdraw and the contest will be just a shell of its former self next year, they will be forced to change things. Otherwise, this travesty will continue unchanged. We have survived 2020 without a contest. It would be better to ruin 2025 to initiate change than to continue like this.

Even if Israel doesn’t win, there must be significant changes to the rules. The attitude of being “apolitical” has allowed nearly constant political drama to overshadow the contest year after year and it has mostly aided those that deliberately disturbed the contest with a political agenda. There must be new rules that prevent countries that bring major political conflicts to the contest from participating.

The fans should pressure their respective broadcasters to push for change.

b4ld3r

I honestly think that whatever statement the Dutch delegation is preparing is more likely to cause countries to withdraw, if the disqualification actually was unjust like they are claiming. Coupled with whether or not the EBU acts on the claims of harassment from the Greek, Swiss and Irish delegations.

All participating countries are allies with Israel and if not attending the contest is seen as a political statement, many broadcasters will still attend. A public broadcaster can't take such major decisions that are in conflict with their national governments. However, the artists interested in going to the next years contest will probably be far lesser than it has been for many years. The contest's reputation is back to where it was decades ago.

jatojo

If Israel wins, I hope the number of countries that boycott the contest next year will be so high, that they can't even organize semi-finals anymore. I have been watching Eurovision since I was a kid and I want the show to go on, but the current political travesty needs to stop. If Israel wins, the best thing would be to make the EBU feel the pain of handling things the wrong way. If important big countries withdraw and the contest will be just a shell of its former self next year, they will be forced to change things. Otherwise, this travesty will continue unchanged. We have survived 2020 without a contest. It would be better to ruin 2025 to initiate change than to continue like this.

Even if Israel doesn’t win, there must be significant changes to the rules. The attitude of being “apolitical” has allowed nearly constant political drama to overshadow the contest year after year and it has mostly aided those that deliberately disturbed the contest with a political agenda. There must be new rules that prevent countries that bring major political conflicts to the contest from participating.

The fans should pressure their respective broadcasters to push for change.
Tell it to your politicians. If there are no sanctions on the political level, and the internal EBU rules haven’t been breached, then any country should be allowed to participate.

esc87fan

I had planned in advance to give all 20 of my Rest of the World votes to Switzerland knowing that the song was good enough to qualify, and I kept that promise

ivotedgf.png

Teaisloveable

This disaster really has thrown the contest back DECADES in opinion

It really seemed like we'd turned a corner, across Europe and beyond, even with the Ukrainian victory and minor dramas here and there

This really has thrown that progress under the bus. And to think it was so easily avoided

Edit: however the Ukrainian victory is in no way comparable to a potential Israeli win this year, it's clear for anyone who's thought about it for more than 5 minutes

Last edited:

Lance Esgard

Normally Eurovision is a celebration of music to me, but this time around it a tense experience. I don't know if I can handle following the voting process this time around. It isn't a good kind of tension, but a 'how bad could things get' feeling.

United by Music may be the slogan, but the reality is that words not backed by the right policies/approaches can lead to the opposite of unity.

Mainshow

Veteran
I know there are more things in life and I'm glad I have other hobbies, a family, friends, my pets and I'm healthy and live in a peaceful part of Europe but honestly, I'm about to become devastated. Eurovision is only once per year and usually, I'm filled with excitement and joy and now it seems that everything crumbles away VERY last-minute.

In 2020, at least, we could have prepared ourselves for the cancellation but what's happening right now with our beloved contest is shameful and absolutely horrible to follow (as a fan).

If a delegation harrassed other ones/artists, they need to be disqualified - those are serious allegations - they are harming the overall reputation of the contest.

It's shocking to see someone I wanted to vote for tonight (:ie:) to "protest" now and not perform at the final rehearsal.

Seriously, I hate how messy and chaotic and unpredictable everything has become.

Last edited:

b4ld3r

According to Norwegian press, the UK, Ireland, Portugal and Switzerland were considering withdrawing following the events of yesterday and held meetings with the EBU until late in the night.

gigi_copp3

No serious artist will compete in Eurovision Song Contest in the upcoming years after the terrible climate of this year.
I'm so gutted for Angelina, she's a fantastic artist and person, and she's clearly feeling the tension. I'm gutted for all the artists, especially the younger ones: Nemo, Bambie, Baby Lasagna. Even for Eden, she's clearly not at fault for what's happening, she always acted professional meanwhile everyone surrounding her didn't.
Shame on the EBU, I'm out. I'm not sure if I will watch this evening

MopManMoss

Veteran
I know where are more things in life and I'm glad I have other hobbies, a family, friends, my pets and I'm healthy and live in a peaceful part of Europe but honestly, I'm about to become devastated. Eurovision is only once per year and usually, I'm filled with excitement and joy and now it seems that everything crumbles away VERY last-minute.

In 2020, at least, we could have prepared ourselves for the cancellation but what's happening right now with our beloved contest is shameful and absolutely horrible to follow (as a fan).

If a delegation harrassed other ones/artists, they need to be disqualified - those are serious allegations - they are harming the overall reputation of the contest.

It's shocking to see someone I wanted to vote for tonight (:ie:) to "protest" now and not perform at the final rehearsal.

Seriously, I hate how messy and chaotic and unpredictable everything has become.
Bambie didn't protest something happened to them immediately before the dress rehearsal that they needed to go to EBU officials over, they already clarified that on Instagram

Top Bottom