Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

aef

Sorry maybe I’m wrong here and in fact I obviously don’t know Slimame personally but somehow I’m not buying anything he’s singing or holding a speech about. He feels very unauthentic to me.

soulm8

Sorry maybe I’m wrong here and in fact I obviously don’t know Slimame personally but somehow I’m not buying anything he’s singing or holding a speech about. He feels very unauthentic to me.
Well for once, you can give him the credit for speaking up, he could very well skip the rehearsal considering his voice problems.

BernadetteCydonia

EBU: it is just a music contest, not a political one.

meanwhile:

The music won't matter. Israel is going to win. She could be singing a nursery rhyme off-key in Besa's first rehearsal dress and she'd still win.

What is the solution to this?
I've always maintained two beliefs this entire season - Estonia will qualify and Israel won't win.

If Israel wins, that'd just be a spit in the face to everyone who liked this year songwise, as well as every other winning contender out there.

pjelacki

Apparently EBU is in talks with Kirkorov how to manipulate the voting to save the contest.
Nah he's busy being told to perform songs about how he only spent five minutes at that party in self-defeating humour

Miloutchi

EBU will probably shit bricks cause a big 5 member is involved.
According to Dutch media EBU is having an emergency meeting after the reaction of the Dutch delegation about their disqualification.

My family and friends who usually don’t even care about ESC are all sad now too. The Dutch commentator even speculated this is the end of ESC.

aef

Everything seems crazy for now, but if we don't give Cyprus 12 points for second year in a row then this is without doubt the absolute chaos.
Who is a decent Gustaph successor? Hm maybe :lv:? Hahaha would be as random

Loindici

Veteran
By the way, guys, are you currently working on some other projects? Just want to know if everyone is still thriving despite all the mess.

Sammy

Veteran
Talking about the cheering thing: What kind of source do you want to have? It was posted on Twitter multiple times. I wasn’t there, I can’t give you a 100 % valid source. There was also that video of that Israeli harassing :nl: team members. And so on. To me the :il: delegation with their appearance and behaviour seems totally behind their countries actions in the ongoing conflict and that’s just not something I want to tolerate. Or did you hear and critical comment from them?

Talking about the political context. It’s just not like with :ua:. They are defending their country while :il: has got thousands of liters of blood on their hand, killing families and children mostly in Gaza. And in general their whole settlement policy… Look, it’s just that both sides in that conflict have to be taken into account, nobody is just a victim there. And talking about the normal civilians that just want to live in peace, you can find them on both sides.

And the most annoying thing is that western media and leaders are still mostly blind when it comes to :il: and their behaviour.
no need for repeating things that have already been posted here 10000000 times.
I wanted a video that backed up that claim if cheering israeli delegation. All there is, is another claim. And since when is somethinh true just because multiple people on twitter (!) say so?

Verjamem

I think there are some artists that are almost glad they didn't qualify from their semi and that they are already safely back in their home countries lol
Are they? I think some of them are still in Malmö.

Mainshow

Veteran
So my dudes, what did I miss in the last two hours? Update me.

:ie: :ch: :gr: misisng the flag parade.
:ie: not performing in the rehearsal and filing complaints at the EBU.

Alessandra withdrawing from announcing the :no: jury points and posting a video online in support of Free Palestine.

:pt: :uk: :ie: :ch: threatening to withdraw (according to :no: media there's a SOS-EBU meeting going on).

Slimane :fr: calling for ceasefire instead of singing the bridge and the last part of his song.

:al: Besa posting on Twitter: "Please Bring Joost back!" and levelling criticism at EBU's decision ("If he has done anything wrong in approacing a woman or man, he should be prosecuted legally. But that has got nothing to do with him competing in a music festival. The timing is too short to clarify things to take official stances. That menas he cannot be penalized overnight...)

Sammy

Veteran
I guess you buy proves only when you want to prove your point! Everything we get is taken from sources, you are not there, you can’t prove anything . In the world of AI even video can’t prove a thing.
I didn‘t make a claim! why should I prove sth? There was a claim and I wanted a source. The source was just another claim. Just saying it is that way is too little for me to believe that. If you do, go for it. I dont.
Your argument that we should just believe it because even a video couldn’t prove anything is borderline religious and I‘m an atheist.

Bottomline: reliable evidence or I dont consider it trustworthy. ESPECIALLY in situation like the present one.

Top Bottom