Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Apparently EBU is in talks with Kirkorov how to manipulate the voting to save the contest.

ilyohr9.jpeg

He chose other fave.

GermanBango

Come on NDR, wave a little with the good old cash and make this shitshow end. ;)

aef

To be honest I get the point considering that you can’t exclude someone from something if investigation is still ongoing. There’s always presumption of innocence in legal cases so why not here. I‘m telling you why: EBU wants to avoid an outcome where Joost is actually proven guilty of something serious after the show and therefore the EBU and contest would be confronted with a lot of criticism in that scenario. So it feels like they decided to sacrifice Joost prematurely in order to keep away any post-contest from them. The thing is, the damage is done anyway with that.

GermanBango

To be honest I get the point considering that you can’t exclude someone from something if investigation is still ongoing. There’s always presumption of innocence in legal cases so why not here. I‘m telling you why: EBU wants to avoid an outcome where Joost is actually proven guilty of something serious after the show and therefore the EBU and contest would be confronted with a lot of criticism in that scenario. So it feels like they decided to sacrifice Joost prematurely in order to keep away any post-contest from them. The thing is, the damage is done anyway with that.
I agree. Then again we basically don't know what evidence they do or don't have.
Overall this entire thing just seems fishy. I'm not a person for conspiracies but he did what he did in the qualifiers conference and all of a sudden there is this drama. Could obviously be a coincidence but maybe someone wanted to get rid off him. At this point anything seems possible.

Anthony Tesla

I think this is the only Eurovision Song Contest that everyone can't wait for it to end. From Sunday no one will be nostalgic. It will take a year to recharge from the toxicity we have accumulated.
If anything, I'd skip the next one too, just to be sure.

Top Bottom