Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

soulm8

“Typical bully behavior. They bully you until you react, then complain about that and make it look like they are the victims.”

soulm8

Threatening violence is a form of violence.
Go drive on the roads at the Balkans. You will make the police to investigate every single car that pass you as they gonna threat all your family with words.

Magimixer

AVROTROS released a statement:

Basically Joost was filmed after leaving the stage, he said he didnt want this to happen and for it to stop multiple times. When they didnt stop filming he made a "threatening" figure. The woman with the camera was not hurt whatsoever or hit at all.
AVROTROS said this wasnt allowed to begin with (?)

It was probably meant to be a short clip that they post on social media of the artists before and after their act.
So this was probably someone working for SVT or EBU.

Again, he hit the woman - and I frankly have no idea why AVROTROS would make a statement with this distorted version.
The scene was filmed, there is visual proof, and there are witnesses to the scene.
I wish EBU would release the detailed information to stop all this misdirected fury.
(and yes, I really liked the Dutch entry and I'm super disappointed too! But it really seems like EBU didn't have a choice)

soulm8

I have one question, they were filming him, but not witnesses? Huh

Loindici

Veteran

Miloutchi

Again, he hit the woman - and I frankly have no idea why AVROTROS would make a statement with this distorted version.
The scene was filmed, there is visual proof, and there are witnesses to the scene.
I wish EBU would release the detailed information to stop all this misdirected fury.
(and yes, I really liked the Dutch entry and I'm super disappointed too! But it really seems like EBU didn't have a choice)
Where did you see/read he hit a woman?

gingerale

I live in Switzerland where I can report a threat. Because it's investigated and taken seriously. And I think it's not the only country. Sweden is probably similar.

soulm8

Hard to believe that's the whole story, if the police is involved.
Well, if it is the fuss EBU wants to cause to move the attention from the protests, they can fabricate whatever they want and make the police look into it. Whatever, enjoy the show I guess and let’s hope for peaceful evening…..

AlekS

Veteran
There's aggressive Israeli Youtube promo campaign on YT. Eden shot at least 31 (!) ads, calling to vote for her in the semi and the final.
Wondering if it will have the opposite effect and backfire like Malta 2021 or Poland 2024 xpopcorn

Sammy

Veteran
We have had these little clips of the artists just after leaving the stage every year. I found them quite nice actually. Why would Joost not want them? And is it even possible to deny that? I mean, it‘s not like they were trying to film him in a private environment. Calling an attempt to film a piece for the official DVD harassement is also a bit strange. He must have completely misunderstood the situation.

Ausar Vandermark

If the description of the incident is correct, the reaction of those responsible is indeed disproportionate. A warning, a reminder regarding the rules of common courtesy, should have been sufficient.

However, it is also difficult to say whether the artist's reaction to such an admonition might not have played a role. I have often experienced people who suddenly couldn't stand criticism in tense situations and quickly felt provoked by someone else's authority.

From what I have read and heard so far, I don't think we're being shown the whole picture here.

b4ld3r

We have had these little clips of the artists just after leaving the stage every year. I found them quite nice actually. Why would Joost not want them? And is it even possible to deny that? I mean, it‘s not like they were trying to film him in a private environment. Calling an attempt to film a piece for the official DVD harassement is also a bit strange. He must have completely misunderstood the situation.
I wonder what happened during the end of Joost's performance that would have made him not want to appear on video. I love being filmed while crying and thinking about my dead relatives! :D

Top Bottom