Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

jatojo

Possibly, but this is trivially solved by going on stage, performing a shitshow in protest, saying some choice words and then crowdfund the fine you get, I mean it's not like you can realistically force people against their will to a significant degree.
A shitshow would actually be a step up for Ireland 2024 if you ask me …

I am mostly confused about the fact that it was supposed to have happened Thursday after his semi-final performance. How did this become a last-minute decision on Friday to not have them rehearse?

Rubine

Again, he hit the woman - and I frankly have no idea why AVROTROS would make a statement with this distorted version.
The scene was filmed, there is visual proof, and there are witnesses to the scene.
I wish EBU would release the detailed information to stop all this misdirected fury.
(and yes, I really liked the Dutch entry and I'm super disappointed too! But it really seems like EBU didn't have a choice)

The Swedish police confirmed it was not physical. I heard her say this is a Dutch news broadcast.

crashworld

Veteran
I am mostly confused about the fact that it was supposed to have happened Thursday after his semi-final performance. How did this become a last-minute decision on Friday to not have them rehearse?

Maybe the person involved only reported the incident on Friday? Sometimes, when you suddenly faced a form of aggression or threat, you may not react instantly and may not think of reporting the incident?

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I find it hard to believe that EBU would disqualify Joost if what AVROTROS says is true as it seriously damages the (already flawed) reputation of EBU. And AVROTROS is obviously biased...
I'll wait on a more detailed conclusion from EBU (or even better from the police), before making my mind up

GermanBango

Now imagine Croatia wins the televote tonight (will happen 100%) but does not win overall because of the juries. The overall winner will be Israel (2nd/3rd in tv and better than Croatia with the juries). I guess Malmö Arena would burn. :censored:

jatojo

A threatening gesture - unless it’s a finger over the throat, I can’t see that as a reason to disqualify.

Smudy

Now imagine Croatia wins the televote tonight (will happen 100%) but does not win overall because of the juries. The overall winner will be Israel (2nd/3rd in tv and better than Croatia with the juries). I guess Malmö Arena would burn. :censored:
I already came to the conclusion that Israel is winning the televote, i'm only hoping for a jury miracle to prevent the inevitable.

Miloutchi

Well if I hear any other news about what happened and Joost is indeed in the wrong, I will gladly offer my excuses, but for now I think what the hell and choose to believe the Dutch broadcaster as that is the only entity that has shed any light on this situation.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't believe that statment is the entire truth. The real truty probably lies somewhere between this and what else has been reported.

Some of you can say AVROTROS wouldn't defend him if it was true, but lets face it they wouldn't be the first broadcaster to defend one of their own even if they're wrong and i doubt they'd be the last. Its crazy how so many of you are treating this statement as the gospel truth

soulm8

People here do not understand that if you lose your temper when someone is putting the camera in your face( I’m sure it was deliberately done by EBU to provoke him), you can warn this guy not make him look like a murderer and then not to say a word on your official media platforms! They wanted him out, they were afraid what he can say during the Final and he is out!

Top Bottom