Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Goodnight all - hopefully EBU has sorted out this utter clown show by the time I wake up, as I was so so buzzing for this Eurovision final to be one of my faves in years. 23 out of 26 songs in the final that I really enjoyed. But after today, I'm genuinely exhausted. And I don't want to deal with any more of this cloak and dagger rubbish.

It's so mentally draining being a Eurovision fan, it really is 😔

nofuxCZ

For one of the biggest TV shows in the world, with more than 100 million viewers, they really have a terrible PR and communications team. They leave us in the dark the whole day, which only gives the space to wild rumours and fake news. Random college students could do a better job. What a shit show. I can't wait for this ESC to be over. I just hope we won't end up in more drama that will drag on for months.

esc87fan

Well, off to bed with me. Tomorrow is another day, and a big one at that!

0scar

All this mess and chaos because they do not want to DQ Joost and just want a "I'm sorry" from him to continue like normal? Honestly, I don't buy it.
If it was this serious to threaten with DQ then follow up on it and DQ him as soon as the jury show was supposed to start, say "I'm sorry mate but your time is up and we have to continue like usual so you're out", but no they just keep taking detours around it.

Something's fishy, and it honestly starts feeling like the EBU wants to hush something up that doesn't look good on them instead of just Joost alone.

Loindici

Veteran
All this mess and chaos because they do not want to DQ Joost and just want a "I'm sorry" from him to continue like normal? Honestly, I don't buy it.
If it was this serious to threaten with DQ then follow up on it and DQ him as soon as the jury show was supposed to start, say "I'm sorry mate but your time is up and we have to continue like usual so you're out", but no they just keep taking detours around it.

Something's fishy, and it honestly starts feeling like the EBU wants to hush something up that doesn't look good on them instead of just Joost alone.
I'm a little worried if some delegations are starting to pull back their 2025 participation, as there seemed to be failure of management regarding respect, safety, and comfort of the participating artists.

aef

:fr: vocal crack was quite painful to hear but hopefully this prevents :fr: from ending too high in the jury voting. That kitsch snoozefest song doesn’t deserve it.

NeoTen

I have news! Female stage member filed an official police complaint against Joost as JK did in fact hit her, according to her. They questioned him the whole evening. Police is saying there are not enough witnesses so, they'd like to keep questioning Joost and others. Highest Dutch TV Boss entered the hotel to discuss him pulling out. AvroTros not sure they can pull him. EBU now discussing if it's enough to ban him. Dutch TV reports. Police will give a statement in 1 hour.
But I was told they already DQ'd him, so I can't imagine EBU allowing this workplace condition, it's a cut out lawsuit.

Ajeje Brazorf

- possible Italian voting results were leaked in the morning and the producers put Ukraine in second place in the running order - these facts significantly moved the odds at the bookmakers, Israel is suddenly second behind Baby Lasagna, Switzerland remains third, the others are probably already out of the game
- fans - supporters of Palestine are gathering to organize massive support for Croatia and thus challenge Israel to a duel
- during the afternoon there are rumors that Joost was not at today's rehearsal and that something is probably going on
- then there are rumors that Joost was supposed to have a physical conflict with a member of a stage crew and maybe he will be DQed
- RAI claims its leak was made up of "partial data only"
- according to other reports, Joost had a fight with an Israeli journalist
- the singer from Malta, announces "amazing news" on Instagram at 19:30, promoting people to speculate that she is a replacement for Joost
- according to other reports, Joost had a fight with a Swedish photographer
- the traditional press conference for representatives of the big 5 and the home team is cancelled
-Angelina Mango still feels the need to tell the present journalists that in these difficult times she is above all for peace under all circumstances and sings the song Imagine
- Spain is letting it be heard that they are above all for freedom of expression
- Madrid gets announced as the host city for JESC 2024 behind closed doors with no one paying any attention
- at 19:30 Sara of course does not announce the disqualification of Joost and her promotion to the final, but simply releases a new song
- there are rumors that Joost has beaten some lady member of the staff and has already packed his bags to go home
- the jury show goes on without Joost who nevertheless gets his semi performance played instead and remains in the competition so far, while being investigated by the EBU
- the other main favourites nail theil vocals during jury show except for Slimane

I think that's about it, for the main points :D

Most incredible day ever on Eurovision history. This Is worth a movie.

Himan

- possible Italian voting results were leaked in the morning and the producers put Ukraine in second place in the running order - these facts significantly moved the odds at the bookmakers, Israel is suddenly second behind Baby Lasagna, Switzerland remains third, the others are probably already out of the game
- fans - supporters of Palestine are gathering to organize massive support for Croatia and thus challenge Israel to a duel
- during the afternoon there are rumors that Joost was not at today's rehearsal and that something is probably going on
- then there are rumors that Joost was supposed to have a physical conflict with a member of a stage crew and maybe he will be DQed
- RAI claims its leak was made up of "partial data only"
- according to other reports, Joost had a fight with an Israeli journalist
- the singer from Malta, announces "amazing news" on Instagram at 19:30, promoting people to speculate that she is a replacement for Joost
- according to other reports, Joost had a fight with a Swedish photographer
- the traditional press conference for representatives of the big 5 and the home team is cancelled
-Angelina Mango still feels the need to tell the present journalists that in these difficult times she is above all for peace under all circumstances and sings the song Imagine
- Spain is letting it be heard that they are above all for freedom of expression
- Madrid gets announced as the host city for JESC 2024 behind closed doors with no one paying any attention
- at 19:30 Sara of course does not announce the disqualification of Joost and her promotion to the final, but simply releases a new song
- there are rumors that Joost has beaten some lady member of the staff and has already packed his bags to go home
- the jury show goes on without Joost who nevertheless gets his semi performance played instead and remains in the competition so far, while being investigated by the EBU
- the other main favourites nail theil vocals during jury show except for Slimane

I think that's about it, for the main points :D
Shorter.:p

(For the Dutch people here. Mand.)

Miloutchi

I have a feeling they overreacted to whatever this incident was, wanted an apology and Joost then just said: “Ok, I’m out.”

If it was anything severe, I imagine they would have disqualified him already without giving any other news.

aef

At this point of the season I want a happy end for Eurovision 2024 by :pt: winning the jury vote. And guys I think it’s really possible. I can’t get over the fact how classy and captivating yet simple that performance is.

After all top 3/ top 5 with the juries would also be amazing for her.

Top Bottom