Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

b4ld3r

No matter if Israel wins or not, I don't think we'll see the anywhere close to the same caliber of artists next year. The stories of their experiences will spread within the music industry. I can imagine Bambie going full scorched earth as an example once they are free from their contract.

Bobjan FR

Hi guys, I'm new here and not so great how Eurovision works. I saw that they gave false votes, why are they doing this?
And then I wanted to ask you what you think the situation is like in Italy

-The fake voting is to rehearse how the process goes
-Personally, I think the 39% of Israel in Italy will be similar in a lot of countries and it will finish as a remake of 2022. But worse.

GermanBango

I've been to a chess tournament today van someone tell me what happened today. Short please. :ROFLMAO:
Sooo to sum this messy Friday up:
Topic 1: RAI accidentally released Italy’s televote percentages from semi 2 which saw Israel winning by 30%. Everyone freaked out and the bookies put all their money on Israel in a panic reaction. RAI later made a statement saying that it was not the full result but just part of it. No word from Oesterdahl who is probably busy doing lines of coke off Petra Mede’s cleavage.

Topic 2: The Netherlands suddenly were pulled from the dress rehearsal in the afternoon. EBU released a statement that they are investigating something concerning Joost and he is therefore banned from rehearsal and jury show (they showed the semi performance there). Allegedly he had a physical fight with a stage crew member or whatever. It is not yet clear if the Netherlands will be kicked out or not.

Mango_

-The fake voting is to rehearse how the process goes
-Personally, I think the 39% of Israel in Italy will be similar in a lot of countries and it will finish as a remake of 2022. But worse.
So these votes don't count for anything?

And how do you see Italy competing for jury and televoting?

NeoTen

I've been to a chess tournament today van someone tell me what happened today. Short please. :ROFLMAO:
Sooo to sum this messy Friday up:
Topic 1: RAI accidentally released Italy’s televote percentages from semi 2 which saw Israel winning by 30%. Everyone freaked out and the bookies put all their money on Israel in a panic reaction. RAI later made a statement saying that it was not the full result but just part of it. No word from Oesterdahl who is probably busy doing a lines of coke off Petra Mede’s cleavage.

Topic 2: The Netherlands suddenly were pulled from the dress rehearsal in the afternoon. EBU released a statement that they are investigating something concerning Joost and he is therefore banned from rehearsal and jury show (they showed the semi performance there). Allegedly he had a physical fight with a stage crew member or whatever. It is not yet clear if the Netherlands will be kicked out or not.
I know it's joke (a good one), but EBU actually released this statement;

Source, the spell error is not me, I just screenshotted this from my phone = https://eurovisionfun.com/en/2024/0...ing-the-publication-of-the-italian-televotes/

HayashiM

Veteran
- possible Italian voting results were leaked in the morning and the producers put Ukraine in second place in the running order - these facts significantly moved the odds at the bookmakers, Israel is suddenly second behind Baby Lasagna, Switzerland remains third, the others are probably already out of the game
- fans - supporters of Palestine are gathering to organize massive support for Croatia and thus challenge Israel to a duel
- during the afternoon there are rumors that Joost was not at today's rehearsal and that something is probably going on
- then there are rumors that Joost was supposed to have a physical conflict with a member of a stage crew and maybe he will be DQed
- RAI claims its leak was made up of "partial data only"
- according to other reports, Joost had a fight with an Israeli journalist
- the singer from Malta, announces "amazing news" on Instagram at 19:30, promoting people to speculate that she is a replacement for Joost
- according to other reports, Joost had a fight with a Swedish photographer
- the traditional press conference for representatives of the big 5 and the home team is cancelled
-Angelina Mango still feels the need to tell the present journalists that in these difficult times she is above all for peace under all circumstances and sings the song Imagine
- Spain is letting it be heard that they are above all for freedom of expression
- Madrid gets announced as the host city for JESC 2024 behind closed doors with no one paying any attention
- at 19:30 Sara of course does not announce the disqualification of Joost and her promotion to the final, but simply releases a new song
- there are rumors that Joost has beaten some lady member of the staff and has already packed his bags to go home
- the jury show goes on without Joost who nevertheless gets his semi performance played instead and remains in the competition so far, while being investigated by the EBU
- the other main favourites nail theil vocals during jury show except for Slimane

I think that's about it, for the main points :D

Bobjan FR

- possible Italian voting results were leaked in the morning and the producers put Ukraine in second place in the running order - these facts significantly moved the odds at the bookmakers, Israel is suddenly second behind Baby Lasagna, Switzerland remains third, the others are probably already out of the game
- fans - supporters of Palestine are gathering to organize massive support for Croatia and thus challenge Israel to a duel
- during the afternoon there are rumors that Joost was not at today's rehearsal and that something is probably going on
- then there are rumors that Joost was supposed to have a physical conflict with a member of a stage crew and maybe he will be DQed
- RAI claims its leak was made up of "partial data only"
- according to other reports, Joost had a fight with an Israeli journalist
- the singer from Malta, announces "amazing news" on Instagram at 19:30, promoting people to speculate that she is a replacement for Joost
- according to other reports, Joost had a fight with a Swedish photographer
- the traditional press conference for representatives of the big 5 and the home team is cancelled
-Angelina Mango still feels the need to tell the present journalists that in these difficult times she is above all for peace under all circumstances and sings the song Imagine
- Spain is letting it be heard that they are above all for freedom of expression
- Madrid gets announced as the host city for JESC 2024 behind closed doors with no one paying any attention
- at 19:30 Sara of course does not announce the disqualification of Joost and her promotion to the final, but simply releases a new song
- there are rumors that Joost has beaten some lady member of the staff and has already packed his bags to go home
- the jury show goes on without Joost who nevertheless gets his semi performance played instead and remains in the competition so far, while being investigated by the EBU
- the other main favourites nail theil vocals during jury show except for Slimane

I think that's about it, for the main points :D
Very good. I'll add that the start of the rest of the world vote have been delayed, maybe waiting for an answer about Netherlands

esc87fan

Exit poll results:

GNQV8-LNXMAAk06-A.jpg

NeoTen

The rest of the world voting has been post-postponed until further notice after it was postponed already to 10 mins ago. You wouldn't do that if you're not planning on DQ'ing someone.

esc87fan

I don't mind waiting a little longer to vote, so I hope this all gets sorted out in due course

Etanna

The rest of the world voting has been post-postponed until further notice after it was postponed already to 10 mins ago. You wouldn't do that if you're not planning on DQ'ing someone.
If they planned on DQing them, they would have done so already, no? Why wait? It seems like they might be actually waiting for something.

Chorizo

That‘s tricky: if they ban him, the scandal will be huge and the conspiracy theories are already spreading (with the usual antisemitic undertone: jews rule everything with their money)
if they dont he might feel empowered to use tomorrow evening for some political speech on stage.
At least the EBU didn't lose Moroccanoil as a sponsor. Wow, would that have been bad!

Chorizo

no, but like: it didn’t even happen, this is all
made up and they blackmailed Joost so he can’t speak out. - nonsense like that.
If they really want to do you dirty in Sweden, they just make up a rape, like they did with Julian Assange.

Chorizo

If they planned on DQing them, they would have done so already, no? Why wait? It seems like they might be actually waiting for something.
They were probably hoping to get an apology from him for whatever to have an excuse to keep everything going as planned, but he refused to apologize and now they don't know what to do.

Chorizo

I'm looking forward to the interval act about how we are all united by music.

b4ld3r

I don't think he just went up to a random photographer and hit her, then continued to walk around and show up to the flag parade the next day. Of course I don't support violence and if he actually did something "more severe" than shoving someone away or something like that I hope he gets kicked out, but just seems fishy.

The police doesn't care about when the voting is supposed to open lol. We probably won't know for a while longer. Noteworthy that even Aftonbladet and their extremely close SVT sources haven't been able to leak anything concrete.

Last edited:

NeoTen

He is supposed to apologize. If he did injure someone, police would have arrested him already. So it's prob he hit someone, but not that hard. I can go about the conspiracy theories but @GermanBango already didnt like that. So I'll just say, from a legal standpoint seems, it would be hard to let police take him, so they're trying to guilt trip him.

Top Bottom