Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

empo21

Veteran
There won't be news. There will also be no eurovision results. Martin's new idea is every viewer will have to imagine the results therefore everyone will be happy with them.

ekzuu

Guys tonight it all ends xcheer

Mainshow

Veteran
I'm a little worried if some delegations are starting to pull back their 2025 participation, as there seemed to be failure of management regarding respect, safety, and comfort of the participating artists.

Why should they threaten to withdraw?
They all knew Israel would be taking part and not a single one decided to sit this one out.
No single chosen artist decided to pull out.

Personally, I think that we - as Eurofans - are way too overdramatic.

Azerbaijan not making it to the finals "Oh my God, they won't be there anymore"
Juries voting upside down in 2019 making :dk: qualifying over :lt: - nothing happened.

Sure, there will be unrest and questions raised and that's important because this edition seems to be messy and chaotic as hell but what we forget: at the end of the day, music and Eurovision really unite us - most counries/broadcasters want to be part of it and who knows what's going on in a year (globally).

What I do believe, though: Österdahl isn't the right man to be Eurovision's leader and Björkman should be fired as well for coming up with a super random and horrible running order but apart from that, delegations felt safe enough to come to Malmö. We got a fantastic stage. The televoting-only semis worked perfectly. We've got Luxembourg, Georgia, Latvia qualifying (no one can really say that the qualifiers were political or unfair).

What's happening with Joost wasn't predicitable and couldn't have been prevented by any other measurements by the EBU - if he really hit the Swedish camera woman.

Last edited:

Realest

Why should they threaten to withdraw?
They all knew Israel would be taking part and not a single one decided to sit this one out.
No single chosen artist decided to pull out.

Personally, I think that we - as Eurofans - are why to overdramatic.

Azerbaijan not making it to the finals "Oh my God, they won't be there anymore"
Juries voting upside down in 2019 making :dk: qualifying over :lt: - nothing happened.

Sure, there will be unrest and questions raised and that's important because this edition seems to be messy and chaotic as hell but what we forget: at the end of the day, music and Eurovision really unite us - most counries/broadcasters want to be part of it and who knows what's going on in a year (globally).

What I do believe, though: Österdahl isn't the right man to be Eurovision's leader and Björkman should be fired as well for coming up with a super random and horrible running order but apart from that, delegations felt safe enough to come to Malmö. We got a fantastic stage. The televoting-only semis worked perfectly. We've got Luxembourg, Georgia, Latvia qualifying (no one can really say that the qualifiers were political or unfair).

What's happening with Joost wasn't predicitable and couldn't have been prevented by any other measurements by the EBU - if he really hit the Swedish camera woman.

2 Jurymembers from :ru::se: voted upside down in that Semi, but :dk: should have qualified with 3 Points instead 1.
It was :pl: who was robbed because of a third Mistake in Semi1.

Miloutchi

In Dutch media they are now saying that he threatened a woman instead of hitting her.

NemesisNick

Today is Saturday 11 May 2024. The Eurovision Song Contest 2024 Grand Final takes place at Malmö Arena, Malmö, Sweden tonight, starting at 20:00 BST. The 26 countries taking part tonight, in order of performance, will be:

Sweden, Ukraine, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Israel, Lithuania, Spain, Estonia, Ireland, Latvia, Greece, United Kingdom, Norway, Italy, Serbia, Finland, Portugal, Armenia, Cyprus, Switzerland, Slovenia, Croatia, Georgia, France, Austria.

Interestingly, Austria was the first country to perform in the Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final last year, and they are the last country to perform in the Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final this year.

Of course, as a UK citizen, I would like Olly Alexander to win tonight with the UK's entry “Dizzy”, especially as it's now 27 years since the UK last won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1997. However, if the betting odds are anything to go by, the one country most likely to win tonight is Croatia, with Baby Lasagna - “Rim Tim Tagi Dim”. Croatia is the current favourite to win, with a 42% chance of winning at the time of me writing this post. Israel is currently second in the odds to win, Switzerland is currently third in the odds to win, and the United Kingdom is currently eleventh in the betting odds to win. Still, bookies' odds aren't the be all and end all; anything could happen tonight.

Good luck to all 26 finalists in Malmö tonight. May the best song win

Andrin

After the last events, Tel Aviv 2025 looks more real.
It will be Zagreb.

EBU needs a new country to win. And a country from Eastern Europe is more than welcomed to keep other Eastern Europe countries in the game.

Baby Lasagna is overwhelmingly loved and they certainly don't want to have a repetition of 2023.

EBU might be not the most exemplary organization in the world but they certainly know how to make sure the right country wins.

Top Bottom