Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

aef

Am I wrong? Are juries voting tomorrow? I'm actually not sure about the timetable.

NeoTen

Well he sounds like a thoroughly unpleasant person going by that.
He wasn't known for that. Really. His worse scandal before Eurovision is them finding a lyric he loved "Russian women" made before a certain Russian "vacation". Even the most right wing talk shows here mentioned how popular he was among the youth before he surged in the odds. Guy could've easily made ESC hot with new gen of children here.
It's sad really. Dutch people always involved in the biggest crashes. The Tenerife disaster, training 9/11 pilots. Now this. /s

Andrin

Yes I also don't understand the adapted running with only 25 countries at all. How can this be if :nl: is not DQ? I mean there can be no scenario "your maybe DQ, we'll see until tomorrow". Juries are literally voting in like 2 hours! What is their plan, how should it work with :nl: SF2 performance being shown yet :nl: having no more spot in the running order and no number to vote for?

I'm confused a f.
When a figure skater got caught on doping at the Olympics in 2022, she was still allowed to compete because the investigation was ongoing. However, they let one skater more to compete (so they were 25 instead of the usual 24) in case the skater in question gets DQ retroactively. So, there are ways of doing this better.

NeoTen

Multiple incidencts ivolving Joost? Or orhter incidents?

What dou you mean with "throwing hands"? Fighting?
That same Swedish newspaper (Aftonbladet - If I spelled it right) that reported he was banned for throwing hands said, and I quote: "Mö and EBU were also in talks regarding multiple (other) incidents." This was later hinted by that Israeli guy and RTVE to be journalists actually fighting and screaming at each other yesterday evening and harassing artists (a significant amount appeared to be Eden).

Andrin

If the NL gets DQ, should the Dutch votes for the yesterday's semifinal be cancelled, too ? So many questions, so few answers...

crashworld

Veteran
If the NL gets DQ, should the Dutch votes for the yesterday's semifinal be cancelled, too ? So many questions, so few answers...

Nope. I don't think it works that way since they were still eligible to compete during the SF yesterday.

AliceEsc

This is handled so poorly from the start. Pooling him away when he was about to go on stage for a supposed incident that happened the night before.
Not letting him compete, although it's still under investigation, marking him us guilty already.
Claiming if he apologised he'd be good to go, what's about that? You either tolerate violence, or you don't.

I don't understand anything.

empo21

Veteran
psCbpu3.png

Etanna

This is handled so poorly from the start. Pooling him away when he was about to go on stage for a supposed incident that happened the night before.
Not letting him compete, although it's still under investigation, marking him us guilty already.
Claiming if he apologised he'd be good to go, what's about that? You either tolerate violence, or you don't.

yeah the lack of communication is making things worse. No wonder that rumours are running wild

BorisBubbles

Veteran

is it that surprisingly to hear really, when the very same people brought Israel in under the pretence of "this event is not political, let's all sing a song united by music", and not only has this edition become the most politically charged of all times, it's also the most TENSE edition for everyone that attends it. This couldn't be further away from 'apolitical unity' if it tried.

It's a farce.

Top Bottom