Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
What exactly does one mean with "throwing hands"? I assume someone did not enter the stage with a sack full of severed hands and started tossing them into the audience?
I’m actually now hearing rumors that this is exactly what happened.

(it’s a slang term for punching/slapping/otherwise using your hands to be violent with someone)

NeoTen

Don't know if it was posted; but first "interview" with JK:

MÖ and EBU are in "crisis mode" discussing what to do according to news agency of the journalist asking him. JK did hit at least one EBU production member following an incident yesterday evening. The talks regarding general safety are also ongoing EBU released a second statement now to all press on their official channels as well.
So I guess let's just talk about the jury show, now that everyone is acting like José Mourinho.

gigi_copp3

As an Italian, I understood the expression "throwing hands", since we use "alzare le mani" ("raise" hands) to indicate a physical fight

goncalovieira

MÖ and EBU are in "crisis mode" discussing what to do according to news agency of the journalist asking him. JK did hit at least one EBU production member following an incident yesterday evening. The talks regarding general safety are also ongoing EBU released a second statement now to all press on their official channels as well.
So I guess let's just talk about the jury show, now that everyone is acting like José Mourinho.
Hum... does this not sound like a marketing move?
His reaction... I do not know.

Irish Cameltoe

God, I hate stuff like this.
is it that surprisingly to hear really, when the very same people brought Israel in under the pretence of "this event is not political, let's all sing a song united by music", and not only has this edition become the most politically charged of all times, it's also the most TENSE edition for everyone that attends it. This couldn't be further away from 'apolitical unity' if it tried.

It's a farce.
It's not like anyone buys EBU's DVD and merch in 2024, but if you still do, don't give them another dime.

jatojo

(it’s a slang term for punching/slapping/otherwise using your hands to be violent with someone)
But that's more like boxing, isn't it. If you slap somebody because you think that person is annoying, I wouldn't say that the term "throwing hands" is accurate. Or?

NeoTen

As an Italian, I understood the expression "throwing hands", since we use "alzare le mani" ("raise" hands) to indicate a physical fight
I'm going to stop using modern slang from now on, on this forum. You girls made me feel old.:(

aef

It's just crazy how much :se: and their boulevard media is into Eurovision, meanwhile every other of the 36 Eurovision countries and their media not giving a real damn about Eurovision

Sammy

Veteran
It's just crazy how much :se: and their boulevard media is into Eurovision, meanwhile every other of the 36 Eurovision countries and their media not giving a real damn about Eurovision
well ORF and Standard covered the story.

aef

BorisBubbles

Veteran

One dismembered hand for every child that died in Rafah today.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
it was the top news on the COMMERCIAL broadcasters as well. The ones that don't broadcast ESC.

Top Bottom