Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

aef

Press statement released finally: Joost is not DQ'd yet. Jury will use SF rehearsal. We are still talking with Joost, AvroTros and EBU. EBU and MO still is discussion. He's still officially in the contest, but banned from the premises.

:oops:
What is MO?

empo21

Veteran
Why exclude them from the draw and scoreboard then? I'm confused.

SilentDawn

Theres nothing like some serious drama to give you that second wind to keep going. You'll surely crash and sleep for a month though when you finally get to bed. :LOL:
thats the plan! got a dayshift for the first time since jan 1st on sunday so euh. yeah. itll be a thing. ill survive.

on the other hand this shitshow makes me feel better about not being able to watch the final live tomorrow.

but, well, i also dont understand why theyve been taken out of the running order. its all just so... weird?

aef

M Osterdahl who will have a song about how great is, btw, tomorrow as well as an intermezzo.
Oh so MÖ it is then. With MO I just thought Moroccanoil is somehow involved in the investigation and I was like WTF for a moment haha

NeoTen

Actually, if they're judging an earlier performance then why is The Netherlands removed from the running order?
1. They're still giving him time to apologize although I heard they gave him a deadline and he refused outright.
2. EBU and Osterdahl were reported to be in discussion in Swedish media about multiple - so not just this one - but multiple violent incidents. Perhaps the RTVE statement is indeed not the only separate incident and more people see him as the anti-Israel voice although the EBU now has a reason to just DQ him for just throwing hands, no matter who provoked him. Is there a chance he'll be banned but they'll use his SF footage? That would be so EBU.

jatojo

Oh so MÖ it is then.

Yes, it's MØ. Instead of Joost Klein she will go to the stage in Malmö to state that he has sung his final song in the competition.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. They're still giving him time to apologize although I heard they gave him a deadline and he refused outright.
2. EBU and Osterdahl were reported to be in discussion in Swedish media about multiple - so not just this one - but multiple violent incidents. Perhaps the RTVE statement is indeed not the only separate incident and more people see him as the anti-Israel voice although the EBU now has a reason to just DQ him for just throwing hands, no matter who provoked him.

Well he sounds like a thoroughly unpleasant person going by that.

aef

2. EBU and Osterdahl were reported to be in discussion in Swedish media about multiple - so not just this one - but multiple violent incidents. Perhaps the RTVE statement is indeed not the only separate incident and more people see him as the anti-Israel voice although the EBU now has a reason to just DQ him for just throwing hands, no matter who provoked him. Is there a chance he'll be banned but they'll use his SF footage? That would be so EBU.
Multiple incidencts ivolving Joost? Or orhter incidents?

What dou you mean with "throwing hands"? Fighting?

Etanna

I don't understand what's taking them so long.

Also I fear that the changes of the running order numbers may cause the juries rank the performances wrong. They usually make mistakes even when everything runs smoothly.

AliceEsc

Does anyone have a link for me please, totally unrelated to the jury show?

aef

Yes, it's MØ. Instead of Joost Klein she will go to the stage in Malmö to state that he has sung his final song in the competition.

Finally a :dk: representative in the final again, first one since...2002 it feels?

aef

Yes I also don't understand the adapted running with only 25 countries at all. How can this be if :nl: is not DQ? I mean there can be no scenario "your maybe DQ, we'll see until tomorrow". Juries are literally voting in like 2 hours! What is their plan, how should it work with :nl: SF2 performance being shown yet :nl: having no more spot in the running order and no number to vote for?

I'm confused a f.

ekzuu

:nl: wont perform, a loot of booing followed
producer or sb said hopefully tomorrow

Top Bottom