Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

gigi_copp3

Watch socials go into meltdown now because :il: occupies the 5th spot in running order now - Eden pushed Joost out. 🙄

Jeez, this is a mess and EBU should have just made a clear statement by now to avoid all this utter nonsense doing the rounds.
Eden will push M&M, Alyona-Jerry and Isaak in order to get the death spot

Biste

On VRT they just have info on an EBU statement:
The inquiry is still ongoing. Talks between EBU and AVROTROS are ongoing. But they are not allowed to perform today during the dress rehearsal.
Juries will evaluate NL based on the semi final performance.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently they're not disqualified. AVROTROS is still in talks so they'll use an earlier performance

SilentDawn

legit forgot i had an account here and have been lurking as a guest - but yeah. dutch news is reporting he'll be judged by the second semi final. what a mess

Ajeje Brazorf

Watch socials go into meltdown now because :il: occupies the 5th spot in running order now - Eden pushed Joost out. 🙄

Jeez, this is a mess and EBU should have just made a clear statement by now to avoid all this utter nonsense doing the rounds.

The more the time passes by, the more I want a Doris Dragovic/Severina/Let3 medley as an interval act next year.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
legit forgot i had an account here and have been lurking as a guest - but yeah. dutch news is reporting he'll be judged by the second semi final. what a mess

Woah. Welcome ✨

aef

Of course. It’s the country that brings the peace to the contest. Just look outside of the arana:
No I mean the incincent that Joost had with that photographer (?)... But we still need to wait for any official information.

Teaisloveable

What an absolute shitshow
Regardless of ifa decision has been made the very least they should have done was make a quick statement BEFORE the visuals of the jury board was seen.

Instead of that being the way people find out that The Netherlands won't be performing tonight

NeoTen

Press statement released finally: Joost is not DQ'd yet. Jury will use SF rehearsal. We are still talking with Joost, AvroTros and EBU. EBU and MO still is discussion. He's still officially in the contest, but banned from the premises.

:oops:

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually, if they're judging an earlier performance then why is The Netherlands removed from the running order?

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
haha thank you.

but what a mess this is. on the one hand, i havent slept in well over 24 hours now and this has been excellent in keeping me awake (the joys of forcing yourself out of two weeks of nightshifts)

Theres nothing like some serious drama to give you that second wind to keep going. You'll surely crash and sleep for a month though when you finally get to bed. :LOL:

Top Bottom