• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran
Kaleen, Austria’s Eurovision representative this year, is married to Dietmann
To be really honest, I am actually gagged with this information.

Mainshow

Veteran
^^ Same here.

We don't have to pretend that this song's some artsy-fartsy or progressive piece of quality music and it still baffles me how we ended up seeing the wife of Marvin Dietmann represent a country BUT - that entry is going to shine a light in May. It's the epitome of a Eurodance banger straight from the 90's and I love it that we're getting more "European sounds" this year and less Americanised/Swedish rejects and I can't wait to see the Austrian performance!

gingerale

I think one of Austrias advantages this year is, that the entry is very easy to understand. It even has it in the song title. People know what they have to expect from the beginning. Quite the opposite to Poe, which somehow needed the journey and background information.

Geborgenheit

I think it is silly to release 30 seconds of the song and create a false hype regarding the final song release. The song's demo was already on YouTube and then it was deleted. Release the song and move on , goddammit!

Lindon

You all know what I think of them but anyway

Jupiter

Tbh the snippet Kaleen released feels very non-hype-y, but it doesn't stop me from needing the song out yesterday. As every good german woman my age I loved Blümchen when I was a kid, and this somehow brings me back to the days of jumping happily through my room to her tracks. I will shamelessly and repeatidly blast this from 1st of March all the way to May.

Also, I love the idea of Dietmann staging for his wife. Come May we'll know if he's just not a good stager or if he usually just doesn't bother :lol:

Jupiter

We need her in Eurovision 😩 She would be perfect, sure she's past her prime but she still makes music and has a lot to gain from such a comeback. The song she did with Domiziana is such a bop.
I'd love that! I saw her live at a Festival last year and she can sing and perform, and she's charming. With the right track she could be a great act for Eurovision :love:
That song really is cool! And she worked with LOTL, so she can get first hand comments about their ESC experience 'xD

Lindon

Tbh the snippet Kaleen released feels very non-hype-y, but it doesn't stop me from needing the song out yesterday. As every good german woman my age I loved Blümchen when I was a kid, and this somehow brings me back to the days of jumping happily through my room to her tracks. I will shamelessly and repeatidly blast this from 1st of March all the way to May.

Also, I love the idea of Dietmann staging for his wife. Come May we'll know if he's just not a good stager or if he usually just doesn't bother :lol:
Dietmann will not do the staging.

She gave an interview for the regional newspaper in her hometown that got down to business.

You are the partner of ESC creative director Marvin Dietmann. What do you say to critics who accuse you of taking part because of your relationship?

Marvin and I have been in a relationship for nine years, and I discovered ESC through him. But I was already an artist before and did a lot of things on my own. It doesn't surprise me that this is being linked in Austria: But I didn't submit my song through Marvin, nor did I have him holding hands by my side in the studio (laughs). Quite the opposite. Sometimes it's even more difficult when you're in a relationship like that to get a real chance. The saying quickly comes up: “She only got this far because of him.” We have strictly separated everything so that exactly that cannot be the case. I stand as an independent singer who has done this on her own, and I have a strong man behind me who is proud of me. He doesn't do my stage show either, we outsourced it to a partner. Because it is important to us to draw a clear dividing line here too.

Please let us share in your everyday life - so shortly before the largest music competition in the world.

No day is like the other. I try to maintain my fitness routine. It looks like this: Around seven o'clock I make my way to the gym, where I train for up to 1.5 hours. Then it's off to the office, where things happen like meetings, answering emails, etc. I'm currently also thinking a lot about what my team, my stage outfit or the production for the ESC should look like. From my previous work in the Song Contest, I have a strong idea about this. I want to be able to have a say and make decisions everywhere. It's a very exciting time that I can use to prepare. From the beginning of March, when my song is presented, the train will run even faster.

Your song is officially still secret - but it has already been leaked, including your performance from the internal preliminary selection. How do you feel about the fact that your number is already floating around the internet?

I'm fine with it because it's not the final version yet. And the feedback I have received so far has been very positive. I was just in Sweden to fine-tune it. Anything can still happen to a certain extent. Unfortunately, leaks are just part of it – but that tends to happen in the ESC bubble. A microcosm that immediately pounces on it. From my experience, not much is happening yet. It's nice that people are interested in this.

FilipFromSweden

My 2024 winner it hits so hard

marty

Dietmann will not do the staging.

She gave an interview for the regional newspaper in her hometown that got down to business.

You are the partner of ESC creative director Marvin Dietmann. What do you say to critics who accuse you of taking part because of your relationship?

Marvin and I have been in a relationship for nine years, and I discovered ESC through him. But I was already an artist before and did a lot of things on my own. It doesn't surprise me that this is being linked in Austria: But I didn't submit my song through Marvin, nor did I have him holding hands by my side in the studio (laughs). Quite the opposite. Sometimes it's even more difficult when you're in a relationship like that to get a real chance. The saying quickly comes up: “She only got this far because of him.” We have strictly separated everything so that exactly that cannot be the case. I stand as an independent singer who has done this on her own, and I have a strong man behind me who is proud of me. He doesn't do my stage show either, we outsourced it to a partner. Because it is important to us to draw a clear dividing line here too.

Please let us share in your everyday life - so shortly before the largest music competition in the world.

No day is like the other. I try to maintain my fitness routine. It looks like this: Around seven o'clock I make my way to the gym, where I train for up to 1.5 hours. Then it's off to the office, where things happen like meetings, answering emails, etc. I'm currently also thinking a lot about what my team, my stage outfit or the production for the ESC should look like. From my previous work in the Song Contest, I have a strong idea about this. I want to be able to have a say and make decisions everywhere. It's a very exciting time that I can use to prepare. From the beginning of March, when my song is presented, the train will run even faster.

Your song is officially still secret - but it has already been leaked, including your performance from the internal preliminary selection. How do you feel about the fact that your number is already floating around the internet?

I'm fine with it because it's not the final version yet. And the feedback I have received so far has been very positive. I was just in Sweden to fine-tune it. Anything can still happen to a certain extent. Unfortunately, leaks are just part of it – but that tends to happen in the ESC bubble. A microcosm that immediately pounces on it. From my experience, not much is happening yet. It's nice that people are interested in this.
Marvin Dietmann will do the staging. or do you have informations other than that?

Lindon

Marvin Dietmann will do the staging. or do you have informations other than that?
Sie said it herself in that interview. Didn't you read it?
As I reported Dan Shipton and his partner will do the staging to avoid Freunderlwirtschaft.
Dan Shipton turned down many offers to concentrate more on Austria this year and he said they will do something amazing.

Last edited:

marty

Sie said it herself in that interview. Didn't you read it?
As I reported Dan Shipton and his partner will do the staging to avoid Freunderlwirtschaft.
Dan Shipton turned down many offers to concentrate more on Austria this year and he said they will do something amazing.
Dan Shipton is part of Marvin Dietmanns team like he was in the past.

Datura

Dan Shipton is part of Marvin Dietmanns team like he was in the past.
just wanted to point that out, isn't he working with Dietmann anyway? i mean it would be fine by me if they worked together for the staging anyway, there's no need to deny it, the people who seem to be involved are the same...

sigi

just wanted to point that out, isn't he working with Dietmann anyway? i mean it would be fine by me if they worked together for the staging anyway, there's no need to deny it, the people who seem to be involved are the same...
Not always but they worked togehter for Halo, Snap, Spaceman, Ela, Growing Up Is Getting Old, Tick Tock, El Diablo, Amen....

Top Bottom