Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindon

A typical Marvin Dietmann staging.

Ezio

Veteran
Our song is not winning its semi and gonna bomb in the final. The showcase is so random and doesn’t convey any wit nor charm. It’s absolutely pointless. I am growing tired of Dietmann ruining our songs. Quiet probable now that Germany thanks to televotes and Switzerland thanks to jury could beat us.

crashworld

Veteran
To be honest, the staging looks really good and slick. But it just took the fun out of the song. As expected, the girls just seem so low-energy. Why why why....

tyra-banks-rooting-for-you.gif

Ezio

Veteran
To be honest, the staging looks really good and slick. But it just took the fun out of the song. As expected, the girls just seem so low-energy. Why why why....

tyra-banks-rooting-for-you.gif
The bridge is kinda slow though, not sure if ORF is hiding something or thats it. I feel the least hyped since Shine 2013.

Judas

Super Moderator
Staff member
The vocals were a bit let down. The song doesn't reach its peak. Fair enough the shown part is before the hype but I am still a tad disappointed.

Lindon

Accidentally I saw live the interview they gave Eurovision after the rehearsal and both looked very, very tired. Absolutely no energy.

marty

On the pictures they looked so energetic but in the video there is very low energy. also the camera angles are boring. I dont understand why there are dancers on the stage. you hardly can see any dance moves. maybe they want to hide the best parts but usually towards the end the staging should be most impressive. what I saw was quite underwhelming. still I think Teya should not sing the poe poe poes in the last chorus. that does not sound good. lets hope that after the rehearsals and with the crowd in the arena it will look and sound better.

Lindon

The camera angles are Halo 2.0

Ezio

Veteran
Odds begin to crumble, winning chance for semi down 3 points, qualifying chance down 1. Happened to Netta also, but I am not sure this applies here. It’s just the wrong trend but those rehearsals gave us nothing to be excited about.

Lindon

If we would play the videos from Halo and Hell simultaneously it would look totally similar camera wise.

aef

Yes I’m also disappointed to a certain level but why do we always instantly have this extreme negativity and pessimism in this thread? We haven’t even seen the whole final product yet.

aef

Jfc guys you are acting like the world is ending because a snippet from the bridge, the slowest part of the song... were slow. Get a grip and don't be dramatic :p
Love you for the amount of coolness and down-to-earth mentality you’re bringing to this thread with that comment.

Lindon

Jiggler

Love you for the amount of coolness and down-to-earth mentality you’re bringing to this thread with that comment.
Haha thanks.

I just think it's ridiculous. We know from the tiktoks and photos, that there will be dancing and action. This bridge is a breather after about 2 minutes of craziness.

It'll be fine, don't you guys worry lol.

marty

I remember the negativity Cesar got after the rehearsal clips… I stay optimistic.
Cesar did not get negativity because of the rehearsal clip, that looked great. he got negativity from the press watching the second rehearsals, when ORF tried out some things and had to interrupt the rehearsal two or three times which of course was not shown in the clip.
but you are right that we still can stay on the positive side. its a great entry which will bring Austria into the final.

Sammy

Veteran
Cesar did not get negativity because of the rehearsal clip, that looked great. he got negativity from the press watching the second rehearsals, when ORF tried out some things and had to interrupt the rehearsal two or three times which of course was not shown in the clip.
but you are right that we still can stay on the positive side. its a great entry which will bring Austria into the final.
Well I remember also things like: Why does he leave the stage? Why the close-up in the beginning and so on. Anyway: Cesar was not the only example where high expectations led to negative reactions after the rehearsal clips got published… Remember Blanche?

ayzelto

I think in terms of performance Halo was much worse. I mean, this one is a bit underwhelming but in Semi 2 it’s qualifying for sure.

Citelis

I think in terms of performance Halo was much worse. I mean, this one is a bit underwhelming but in Semi 2 it’s qualifying for sure.
Obviously but this entry was not supposed to be just a qualifier, but a dark horse even for top5 in the final and instead of that they are probably out of top10.

Top Bottom