Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

marty

At the last chorus the stage looks fantastic in my eyes.
Seems like they go for the cool way rather than for the funny way. lets see if this was the right decision.

akoz

Ok, this is really good. My first reaction to photos was a top5 finish, now after tiktok video I think I overreacted a little bit, but top10 should be lock in. They don't sound perfect and also I really like choreo from music video, so new moves distract me a little bit but also I love a last screen with Poe and Urghh moment will be really iconic, you can see it already. All in all, it's really look promising to get :at: their one of the best result in recent years.

aef

At the last chorus the stage looks fantastic in my eyes.
Seems like they go for the cool way rather than for the funny way. lets see if this was the right decision.
In my opinion it definitely is, this makes it look contemporary-funny-quirky and not jokish like :hr:

Judas

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing for sure is that the performance won't be forgotten by the first-time-watchers. I think Austria is playing for top 3 here. Oh girls, you got this!

Lindon

Don't shoot the messenger. Very mixed reactions online.

aef

Very positive reaction from Wiwibloggs for once (well there is no Deban in the video haha).

Tbh I'm already happy when we will qualify this year, after our 5-year NQ in a row. Everything else is a bonus. I expect top 10 but even if they will just be somewhere in the final I'm already happy enough. Top 5 would be absolutely amazing. It's also possible but let's just stay down to earth for now.

As William pointed out, the overall package is serving certain aspects of quality - good show production, good message, entertainment factor. So there's something to like and to remember for (almost) everyone!

John1

Very positive reaction from Wiwibloggs for once (well there is no Deban in the video haha).

Tbh I'm already happy when we will qualify this year, after our 5-year NQ in a row. Everything else is a bonus. I expect top 10 but even if they will just be somewhere in the final I'm already happy enough. Top 5 would be absolutely amazing. It's also possible but let's just stay down to earth for now.

As William pointed out, the overall package is serving certain aspects of quality - good show production, good message, entertainment factor. So there's something to like and to remember for (almost) everyone!
If that's enough for you to reassure yourself, I didn't listen to Austria's entry that much this year, but I could sing it by heart. It's such an earworm.

miramax09

I feel everything is pretty stable. Some rates go up, others go down. They haven't revealed that much yet, the fan dance for example wasn't visible yet but will definitely come.

aef

I really hope that the dance won't be changed (too much), I really like the dance moves of the music video.

Ezio

Veteran
wiwi can say what they want. Why did I watch them? They give us drama. They give us Fashion. They give us Austria, thank you for existing! Österreich SLAYyyyYyYyy

Dear Lord. Let there be brains. I wanna go back to 1999, Eurovision without wiwi.

Last edited:

sigi

5 years NQ? 2019, 2021, 2022

miramax09

5 years NQ? 2019, 2021, 2022
May I add a little detail :D :D

2019, Paenda, a little experiment. The song was good but only conditionally suitable for a live production. Had nice light concept, but was not enough. We were all OK with it.

2020, Vincent Bueno, funky but trivial number. Would have had a hard time qualifying in my opinion. It was a legendary year with Think about things and On Fire. A tragedy that this season never really played out.

2021, also Vincent Bueno, trivial but fine ballad that was really beefed up by the staging. still wasn't enough.

2022, Lumix feat. Pia Maria, from an Austrian perspective an incredibly good and modern song, great hype and fan favorite status, until the first live performance brought us back down to earth. Pia Maria turned out to be an apre ski karaoke singer and the staging did the rest. A bad roller coaster ride of emotions.

2023, Teya & Salena, Poe Poe Poe Poe, Edgar Allen Edgar Allen, Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe, Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Edgar Allen

Ezio

Veteran
No one will ever beat Pænda on my hit list. Limits was our best entry ever xlove

miramax09

No one will ever beat Pænda on my hit list. Limits was our best entry ever xlove
And I will never forget her light effects, sourrounding the whole arena. but the high notes man... such a nerve potential if not executed perfectly.

Ezio

Veteran
I think Austria will achieve one of its better results in history but I don‘t see a Top 5 at this point, based on this rehearsal. I also think the semi final win is also completely up for grabs between Austria, Australia, Denmark and Armenia.

My personal problem with this song is that I like it and I respect the fan hype but I don‘t love it like I did Nadine Beiler, Zoë, Pænda, Lum!x or Vincent Bueno‘s Amen. It doesn’t emote me. I love the video which is captivating and fun, and overproduced, as was Halo. Why spend so much money on the video but then make something completely different on stage? Eurovision is not a music video contest so I don’t get why we put money and creativity there and not into a national final so we could see what we are buying.

So the vocal overproduction bugs me. I love the operatic chorus in the video but It’s not reperformed in any live showcase nor the rehearsal. It falls flat for me, I don’t like the lower notes, so what happened in the studio?

Visually, again, no props, weird costumes, way different than the video. The video told a story but the staging looks like it’s all about a dance-along, with a very simple and basic dance. Teya and Salena aren‘t known as dancers and a dance show like this comes across as family carnival ball.

the show will be entertaining and collect televotes enough to qualify. But it’s not strong enough for juries, nor televote top result.

Top Bottom