Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

marty

But they changed the choreo if I am not wrong. thats surprising.

aef

There is a clash of colour palette - San Marino, Austria and Albania giving us red + black + white look.

This is so true! Do the producers already more ore less know the colours the delegations want to use when deciding the SF running order? Why would they put :sm: :at: :al: next to each other then...

aef

But they changed the choreo if I am not wrong. thats surprising.
And at least based on the photos it looks like there is no 0.003 graphic but maybe this was just not included in the gallery...

Lindon

crashworld

Veteran
This is so true! Do the producers already more ore less know the colours the delegations want to use when deciding the SF running order? Why would they put :sm: :at: :al: next to each other then...

I know right. That's why I don't trust the showrunners saying they will consider all aspects when they decide the running order. I mean they said they will try not to put songs with similar colour palettes together. But not we have a clusterf*** of red+black+white 3 songs in a row.

Rocket man

I didn't actually think there would be dancers, wow Austria looks like they have nailed the staging. And I hope it's the same dance routine as in the music video, I can see the public so wanting to copy the moves.

Lindon

Can't believe it. ORF is spending money on dancers. Well, ORF ist expected to bath in money next year, when the new ORF law gets through.
The CEO of ORF Weissmann, who I underestimated, has pulled the wool over the government's eyes.

Ezio

Veteran
Well, not excited 'bout it. Gives me recycled El Diablo vibes. 100% prop-free. I hate these outfits so much. Hope it looks better in motion.

sigi

Can't believe it. ORF is spending money on dancers. Well, ORF ist expected to bath in money next year, when the new ORF law gets through.
The CEO of ORF Weissmann, who I underestimated, has pulled the wool over the government's eyes.
Last year Lumix and Pia Paria didn't want dancers on stage. The bad staging wasn't Marvins fault.

Sammy

Veteran
The photos look amazing! I like the color
scheme and it‘s everything but static. Go girls!

• Like It
Reactions: aef

Ezio

Veteran
On a positive note: The colours red, white and fierce are perfect this year, so that hit the nail on its head. And a Just Dance routine for everyone at home and in the audience is ultimately something fresh and new, so why not? It's viewer engagement, and I am not opposed to this.

Producing a music video on stage is not engaging. Ask Benjamin Ingrosso.

I would have wished for sexier, huskier, gayer dancers, or these wolves from the video. Would have been a nice contuination of the story, that began last year with Norway. What happened to the wolf after he took the banana? He started dancing like if he was possessed.

Ezio

Veteran
The odds at Smarkets and Betfair Exchange are bombing at the moment.

aef

It seems like Austria found a good balance between casual fun and serious business. The LED graphics look promising.
I totally agree. I would have hated real props or any other kind of too silly staging. This staging actually feels quite jury friendly too.

The only possible problematic aspect I get is the lack of strong colour contrast between the black/ white costumes and the partially black/ white background. But I guess this will be still totally fine on tv with the right camera work and light work.

Their costumes are just as expected. They fit very well to them and their style (based on the music video and their general public appearance so far). I don't know what's there to dislike. What would be the better alternative?

All in all the delegation is meeting my expectations very well so far.

marty

The video doesnt show much of the dancing, maybe they wanted to keep the best parts for next time. but for me the video looks very promising.

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
Slightly underwhelmed by the Oh MioPadre. Where is the revelation? That looks and Sounds demure. And the Hand choreography again urgh.

aef

The video doesnt show much of the dancing, maybe they wanted to keep the best parts for next time. but for me the video looks very promising.
Yes the video content also looks rather promising. I'm happy for today. The vocals will be decent, staging is interesting - all in all huge improvements compared to last year.

My only concern is that perhaps the background is too distracting/ to chaotic in some parts (especially the part where the figures form a circle and where they morph into Edgar).

MopManMoss

Veteran
if they are doing hand choreo they should have headset mics in my opinion but other than that looks good

Top Bottom