Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindon

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Ugh, Amar pelos dois is such a floodgate opener

Rocket man

Austria reached 11th place at Euro Jury and received 12 points from UK. Pretty great imo :D
I hope this is a sign. At Eurovision the UK jury usually picks the jury winners every year, even last year the UK jury gave 12 points to Sweden who came second overall behind the UK.

Ezio

Veteran
ORF seems fired up this year, I don't know what happened to Halo last year. Trial and error? Missed opportunity, such a banger, but still on the pop radio.

Ezio

Veteran
Missy May just danced to Euphoria and reported that Loreen is returning to Eurovision this year with Tattoo, but unfortunately has no chance against Austria. The nerve, the audacity and the gumption, lol

aef

I’m sorry to ask again but what is Euro Jury?

Ezio

Veteran
So, the Dancing Stars performance left me startled. It wasn't effective enough and the message of the song didn't get conveyed. I didn't like the tone of "Oh it's not me, it's Edgar" and these hand gestures for zero dot zero zero three. It looks weird, why would these girls point in the air? The performance needs context or it falls on its nose. Singing was great.

I love the music video, but I remember its radio premiere, and it didn't click with me neither. I really hope the storytelling works for Liverpool.

Lindon

I’m sorry to ask again but what is Euro Jury?
Over 125 jury members feature in this year’s edition of The Euro Jury, including Eurovision winners, past participants, and national finalists. Eurovoix does this for some years. F.i. in the German jury this year was Ralph Siegel beside other people. It should reflect the jury voting.

• Like It
Reactions: aef

Lindon

So, the Dancing Stars performance left me startled. It wasn't effective enough and the message of the song didn't get conveyed. I didn't like the tone of "Oh it's not me, it's Edgar" and these hand gestures for zero dot zero zero three. It looks weird, why would these girls point in the air? The performance needs context or it falls on its nose. Singing was great.

I love the music video, but I remember its radio premiere, and it didn't click with me neither. I really hope the storytelling works for Liverpool.
Kurt Pongratz was asleep in his director chair. Static cameras in a dance show. I hope he wasn't adviced by Marvin Dietmann. Knowing Kurt Pongratz - no.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Austria 3rd of 27 after 3 shows of Adresse Liverpool at NRK, behind France and Finland. They saved Sweden for the fourth show.

Lindon

"Halo" just won "Song of the year" at the Amadeus Austrian Music Awards.
So "Halo" won two AAMAs.
1770137_bigpicture_657278_amadeus_awards_gewinner_2023_body01_a.jpg

Last edited:

marty

I dont think it needs story telling but I agree that this song is not very impressive whithout a strong visual contribution. And Teyas and Salenas performance tonight lacked attitude. But I am still confident that we will get a totally different performance in Liverpool. If its not much much better than this then Top 10 is not reachable.

aef

I dont think it needs story telling but I agree that this song is not very impressive whithout a strong visual contribution. And Teyas and Salenas performance tonight lacked attitude. But I am still confident that we will get a totally different performance in Liverpool. If its not much much better than this then Top 10 is not reachable.
Totally agree with everything. I mean it was Dancing stars and not Eurovision. It was still good though. I truly believe that we will see a very good performance at the Eurovision stage. The camera shots, the light work and the dancing needs to be on point there - don’t miss that opportunity ORF!

JenJen94

I haven't seen the DWTS performance yet but I'm confident that it'll be fine in Liverpool and I have faith they'll deliver no problem!

"Halo" just won "Song of the year" at the Amadeus Austrian Music Awards.
So "Halo" won two AAMAs.

Ooooh great!! Sad that it went wrong live but yes, absolutely love the song :)

Ezio

Veteran
“Oh, it’s Not me, it’s Edgar„ sounds very friendly in the studio but rather annoyed in the live.

I also wouldn’t stress the 0.03 bridge with Hand signs or graphics, because people will be confused. Just sing it well and be done with it.

Lindon

SAYAY

I love them! I can honestly say that Austria are on my list of those I would love to see win Eurovision 2023, and in general me and Austria goes way back in Eurovision ever since they rejoined in 2011. Loved them in 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 etc. (you get the point)

My love for #TeamAustria is still standing strong on my 10th year of loving their Eurovision entry xheart xrose:at::12:

Lindon

Disagree. Works perfect in an "Eurovision environment". Look at 1:47

Last edited:
Top Bottom