Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
2nd place behind Finland on Discord with 1,300+ voters

Point difference to first place much closer than to third. Maybe we’re a dark horse??

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
9.5 jury points at NDR Songcheck, easy win at the fourth show. Second behind Finland. No idea about user points so far.

Ezio

Veteran
Teya and Salena are wearing wigs? :eek:

midnightsun

Veteran
They do have to include an LED picture of AE Poe somewhere otherwise most people will not get it. How cool it would be if we already were in the age of holograms. I picture a Charlie Chaplin like b/w hologram of Poe, only much more serious, who walks across the stage. :LOL:

marty

They do have to include an LED picture of AE Poe somewhere otherwise most people will not get it. How cool it would be if we already were in the age of holograms. I picture a Charlie Chaplin like b/w hologram of Poe, only much more serious, who walks across the stage. :LOL:
I think it is the strength of the song that it is not necessarry to get the message. Looking at the reaction videos most dont get the message and still love the song instantly. Others will get the message from the commentators or research it between semi 2 and the final. And to get the message it is absolutely not necessary to know who Edgar Allan Poe is. But of course they could use a picture of him especially in the first chorus. Similar to London ESC party.

Datura

I can understand what Datura means. He doesnt mean it in an offensive way. When I heard their song I was thinking the same. It seems like this song just happened to them which is a great thing. Its a great opportunity for them but also a big challenge to start two solo careers with totally different music styles after WTHIE. But that is just a side topic.
Thank you, thats exactly what i meant.
If - for example - maneskin entered eurovision with a dance track people might be "suprised" when they go to their concert and listen to their other stuff... thats all.
If thats the music they want to do: great, but / and i think it's a one off so this is was my concern about their future careers. Nothing spiteful and no bad Intention

AndroZeus

Thank you, thats exactly what i meant.
If - for example - maneskin entered eurovision with a dance track people might be "suprised" when they go to their concert and listen to their other stuff... thats all.
If thats the music they want to do: great, but / and i think it's a one off so this is was my concern about their future careers. Nothing spiteful and no bad Intention
If Måneskin did a dance track it would be way outside their genre. WtHIE is still inside the same genre of Teya and Salena's other stuff, it's just more uptempo (and funny). I feel like the difference between WtHIE and the previous Teya and Salena releases is more like the difference between Zitti e buoni and something like "The Loneliest", a slow track off the Rush album.

Ezio

Veteran
I don't want Austria to snatch victory from Finland, but if Finland is off the table for some reason, I am fine with us winning over Sweden, Italy or Ukraine. Anyone else is more than welcome to take the crown.

marty

I don't want Austria to snatch victory from Finland, but if Finland is off the table for some reason, I am fine with us winning over Sweden, Italy or Ukraine. Anyone else is more than welcome to take the crown.
In my eyes this year there is a very narrow field of potential winners. I can only see Finland, Sweden or Austria win. Sweden still could receive a surprisingly bad televote and Austria could again screw up the staging, Finland is save in the top 3. But by no means I can imagine any other country to win.

aef

Staging will be a decisive factor for both :at: and :se:. We don't know yet how :se: will look like without their LED ceiling screen. In general I just don't see :se: not winning. As said before, I expect 300+ jury points for her, I mean why not? Where are the other safe choices for juries this year? And televoting will also be between 150 and 250 points tbh, that's the most realistic outcome.

I also don't want :se: to win again but it's as simple as this. As for :fi:, I could see this actually not going that hight in the televoting as expected, staying below 300, maybe below 250. Juries will kill it anyway. Even if the might have around 150 jury points it still won't be enough for the victory. Over 200 jury points for them? Never.

Right now I'm too afraid of talking about top 3 chances of :at:. I mean let's look at our goals step by step. 1. Decent staging 2. Qualification 3. Top 10. Everything else is an additional bonus in my eyes. We don't know if we will go THAT big in televoting. Everything over 150 points would already be a success. Juries are completely unpredictable for :at: in my eyes.

Yes, maybe a very positive outcome for :at: will happen :giggle:

All in all the most realistic top 5 countries for me are :se: :fi: :at: :ua: :no: in my opinion but let's wait and see!

Ezio

Veteran
Rest of the World and UK gave us bronze.

Let's dot this!

23_ROW.png

Except for North Macedonia, every country voted for us.

Interestingly, OGAE Austria did Finland 1st, Sweden 2nd, Austria 3rd. No bias!
But honestly, I didn't get the memo, so I didn't vote for Austria myself, otherwise I would hhave :D

Ezio

Veteran
In case of a good staging I am quite sure that Austria will receive 24 points from UK.
No way, UK is already banging their heads to Čiuto Tuto

Top Bottom