Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

aef

Odds drop. Seems it began right after Amsterdam.
Well it doesn’t make any difference for the outcome if we are 6th or 9th or 12th in the odds

Lindon

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
Wonder how many of the 1702 streams are mine
These cities are so plausible, right? Max. one city per country and not necessarily the largest

Datura

most likely unpopular opinion, but i think the acoustic version on one hand shows how excellent these girls are as singers but on the other hand they highlight how "bad" and repetitive and underwhelming the chorus especially lyrically is that i have trouble listening to it. but as i said AMAZING singers and really lovely girls, i just wish this wasn't so repetitive imo

marty

most likely unpopular opinion, but i think the acoustic version on one hand shows how excellent these girls are as singers but on the other hand they highlight how "bad" and repetitive and underwhelming the chorus especially lyrically is that i have trouble listening to it. but as i said AMAZING singers and really lovely girls, i just wish this wasn't so repetitive imo
The chorus in itself is repetitive but the whole song not at all. also each of the three choruses ist different from the two others. In my eyes this is the strength of the song that it is not repetitive at all. It has so many different parts. The song has a clever build up. The bad thing is that those girls really can sing, but they cant really show it in that song.

Datura

The chorus in itself is repetitive but the whole song not at all. also each of the three choruses ist different from the two others. In my eyes this is the strength of the song that it is not repetitive at all. It has so many different parts. The song has a clever build up. The bad thing is that those girls really can sing, but they cant really show it in that song.
I get ur point and judging from the very positive reactions to the song i am the minority here but i think the chorus kind of overshadows the indeed great verses.

And yes it is my Main problem aswell that those amazing singers cannot truly show how good they really are (though they at least added the adlibs towards the end of the song, the Demo Version did not have those)

Lindon

I get ur point and judging from the very positive reactions to the song i am the minority here but i think the chorus kind of overshadows the indeed great verses.

And yes it is my Main problem aswell that those amazing singers cannot truly show how good they really are (though they at least added the adlibs towards the end of the song, the Demo Version did not have those)
Salena also dreamed of her participation at the ESC quite differently. Belting a ballad in a stunning evening gown.

Datura

Salena also dreamed of her participation at the ESC quite differently. Belting a ballad in a stunning evening gown.
this is what annoys me the most about it. both girls have a totally different style from edgar usually so it doesn't represent who they are as artists at all. and for most artists esc is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity so sending them with something so out of their usual lane is a bit weird to me. but as they wrote it themselves at least they are artistically behind the song.
still i think it's a missed opportunity overall, even if they (and it looks like this will most likely happen) get an amazing result in liverpool, but with a song that is very manufactured for the occasion (probably better though than dropping out in the semi with a song that doesn't get as much appeal i guess.. u see i'm very torn with this :LOL:)

Ezio

Veteran
I would love the office attire instead of the Halo recycled dresses

MopManMoss

Veteran
this is what annoys me the most about it. both girls have a totally different style from edgar usually so it doesn't represent who they are as artists at all. and for most artists esc is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity so sending them with something so out of their usual lane is a bit weird to me. but as they wrote it themselves at least they are artistically behind the song.
still i think it's a missed opportunity overall, even if they (and it looks like this will most likely happen) get an amazing result in liverpool, but with a song that is very manufactured for the occasion (probably better though than dropping out in the semi with a song that doesn't get as much appeal i guess.. u see i'm very torn with this :LOL:)
How can you say it doesn’t represent them as artists when they themselves wrote the song? I’d understand that reasoning if it had been given to them but they were there at every stage of the song from its birth to its publication

Datura

How can you say it doesn’t represent them as artists when they themselves wrote the song? I’d understand that reasoning if it had been given to them but they were there at every stage of the song from its birth to its publication
i can say that because i'm familiar with the music they have done before (and after), and what they usually write or produce. it's just that, i don't mean that it's fake or in an offensive way but it's definitely out of their usual style. (and both had a song in the selection that WAS their usual style. not saying these songs were better).
just like "limits" did not really represent what paenda stands for, and she wrote that one herself aswell

Top Bottom