Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MopManMoss

Veteran
i can say that because i'm familiar with the music they have done before (and after), and what they usually write or produce. it's just that, i don't mean that it's fake or in an offensive way but it's definitely out of their usual style. (and both had a song in the selection that WAS their usual style. not saying these songs were better).
just like "limits" did not really represent what paenda stands for, and she wrote that one herself aswell
Well you might subscribe to the idea that artists can only stick to one genre or style but I certainly don’t

marty

I can understand what Datura means. He doesnt mean it in an offensive way. When I heard their song I was thinking the same. It seems like this song just happened to them which is a great thing. Its a great opportunity for them but also a big challenge to start two solo careers with totally different music styles after WTHIE. But that is just a side topic.

marty

Sometimes artists receive critical acclaim for going in a completely different direction from their previous work just look at what happened with Radiohead when they released Kid A
But Teya and Salena dont have a "previous work" ...

Dessi

OH hell, I'm soooo hoooked! xheatxmetalxclap
LOVE IT soooo much !!!!xheartxqueenbitchxmusicxmusicxheya

aef

Ezio

Veteran

Lindon

Ezio

Veteran
This song needs a very Creative and effective staging or it can come across as pointless.
i would suggest something like an LED Toaster that slowly move away and then a piggy train on middle aged managers.

DanielLuis

It could really easily be the fan flop of the edition if the staging isn't up to par.
The music video has a very good self-contained concept that fully explains the lyrics and message of the song in a perfect way. But it's pretty much impossible to directly translate on stage. And if the delegation isn't careful the updated staging could easily just make it kitsch or over the top, undermining the message of the song, or the opposite, just falling flat really.
It's a really hard song to stage.

Top Bottom