Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Chorizo

Finally, Austria is sending a great song again. I think this is one of our strongest entries in the history of the contest. I liked last year's studio version, but this song is much better and smarter and after last year's debacle, the ORF should have made sure that they can deliver live on stage as well. The song is fun, catchy, and modern and I like the message. The musicians in the juries should be able to relate to it.

12 points.

Lindon

Vocally Salena was perfect in my eyes. Teya has to work on the one or other thing. But in the end this will be a very good performance in Liverpool. I dont feel winner vibes but I expect it to end up in the top 10. Maybe with an amazing staging Austria could reach the top 3. I hope Marvin Dietmann will find the right mixture of a cool dance performance and some fun elements like in the video without messing it up like Armenia last year.
Teya's microphone was set too loud, Salena's too soft. I'm fully satisfied if they make it to the grand final, anything more there would be icing on the cake.

hungo

does anybody know if they will perform live at dancing stars or some other tv show?

Sherlock

Andi Knoll wrote me on Twitter, that they will sing at Dancing Stars. But I have no idea when.

Romeo

I cannot be the only person who thinks this cdould actually win! It's like LittleBig but better and a guaranteed jury favourite because the jury will get the meaning and the public will love it!

It is currently my number 2 (just after Israel (1st) and just before the UK (3rd) buut I don't think UK or Israel will win

Romeo

Austria, Sweden, or Norway will take the crown I think... With the possibility of Czech Rep and Georgia doing very well

theditz83

Veteran
Teya's microphone was set too loud, Salena's too soft. I'm fully satisfied if they make it to the grand final, anything more there would be icing on the cake.
Yes, the levels weren't equalised, and to me it made Salena sound a bit less assured than Teya. I like Teya's sass in her delivery - it was a great performance all-round.

Romeo

Czechia will be lucky to make the final let alone win
If Ukraine can 'win' last year... Zdob si zdub didn't end with 0... and Portugal haven't got 0 since 1997 then anything can happen in Eurovision

Lindon

I have to translate for you what Jan Böhmermann said about his motivation to commentate for ORF on FM4.

Jan Böhmermann: "It's about culture, about music, about international understanding. And of course it's also about us wanting to give something back to Austria."

With him, of course, you never know if he means something seriously or if it's a threat

Edit
The extreme right-wing party FPÖ criticizes the ORF's decision and even calls for the ORF to be deprived of all financial resources. They describe Böhmermann, who has been waging a media war against the FPÖ for years, as a "state coupist".

Well then, I think it's a really good decision to let him commentate.

Last edited:

aef

About Böhmermann: I just don’t find him funny at all so no thanks.

About the jury support for :at:: I still don’t really expect much jury support but I don’t know, let’s wait and see!

shameless

I also don't find Böhmermann funny but he is very relevant and I would say that I rather am able to connect with his political views than those he ridicules in his shows. I just hope he won't be too nihilistic in his comment on international entries. ESC is made for fun and his cynic comments could internationally rub people the wrong way easily and the last thing I need on ESC is a political scandal based on one countries commentaries.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
I find both Böhmermann and Schulze very funny

Lindon

I think, his true dream is to represent Germany on stage at the ESC and he already showed us how it would look and sound:

AndroZeus

How come the "Universal"-passage wasn't changed yet?
Hadn't realised this, yeah, that's a private company. I guess they'll have to change it to "call the record label, you're about to be a star" or something.

Lindon

I don't think so. You have to remove it if it was Warner Music, but as an
adjective universal
relating to or done by all people or things in the world or in a particular group; applicable to all cases.
And as a
noun
a thing having universal effect, currency, or application

aef

Why though, Universal could mean anything… (I know it’s about the company but it still could be used as a general term) It’s not as clear as it would be with other brands.

AndroZeus

I mean, the line is "Call up Universal", which seems pretty blatant. I don't know about you guys, but I've never called an adjective on the phone. Not that I want Universal to care, I want Universal to keep their grubby little hands off everything that is beautiful.

Top Bottom