Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Realest

Thanks God, we can rely on our German friends and their professional skepticism, I wish every country was blessed with a neighbour like them

Dont worry. I would write the same if I wasnt your Neighbour.

mauve

Veteran
I confess! I am one of the Germans who hates Austrian entries so much that I had Austrian entries the past 6 six years among my top 10. Yeah, even Bueno's "Amen". xqueenbitch

Lindon

I like their concept of wearing black (teya) and white (salena) all the time. I expect it to be the same on stage.
So, the black dress of Teya represents the Raven and Salena's white dress the ghost.

theditz83

Veteran
Great first live performance in Madrid - I do have a fear that they'll somehow try to stage this overly-elaborately to echo the scenes from the music video, and it'll come off as super-messy - a bit like Lesley Roy's "Maps" in 2021. The only saving grace is the fact they already have a viral dance routine included, so I feel the staging will allow that to have pride of place... If there's any good in the world that is...

marty

I expected more vocals from the tape but that was a good live performance, especially Salena delivered. Of course in Liverpool it will sound much better.

crashworld

Veteran
Just watched the PreParty performance in Madrid. They sounded really good. But I am not feeling the performance, it looks kinda dead. Hopefully, the actual ESC performance will be full of zest and fun.

Upgrading the song to a :10:. My number 2 this year!

ayzelto

I am very happy they sounded well live. I was very afraid, and after being disappointed with other live performances (UK or Netherlands the most, followed by France) this has become a contender for the top 5. Winning the whole thing will be complicated with some of the giants in the competition, but this should be winning semi 2 and placing top 10 in either juries and televoting in the Grand Final. I am upgrading this one as well, to an 8. Well done girls!

aef

Just watched the PreParty performance in Madrid. They sounded really good. But I am not feeling the performance, it looks kinda dead. Hopefully, the actual ESC performance will be full of zest and fun.

Upgrading the song to a :10:. My number 2 this year!
I mean everyone will upgrade the package in May, prepartys don’t really have staging.

Lindon

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
I mean everyone will upgrade the package in May, prepartys don’t really have staging.

Of course. But both of them without any proper staging, while standing there and putting out a basic dance routine, didn't do justice to the song and bring out the fun of the song. And thankfully, it's just the pre-parties and they have proven the detractors that they can actually sing.

Bmbriga

Their performance was really good vocal vise.
Other things were a bit boring and static, but that doesn't concern me at all.
Also much better option than trying to pretend they are some kind of dancers if they are not.
They do have some stage presence even without putting too much effort into the performance (in terms of staging), so now it's basically on the team to think about it really hard and do the right thing in Liverpool.

mauve

Veteran
I have no idea how I feel about Böhmermann and Schulz. I was actually a huge fan of Grissemann/Stermann when they commented the finals years ago. But I don't know enough about Böhmermann to say if I welcome them or not.

ESC94

I have no idea how I feel about Böhmermann and Schulz. I was actually a huge fan of Grissemann/Stermann when they commented the finals years ago. But I don't know enough about Böhmermann to say if I welcome them or not.

Wrote you a few messages. ;)

marty

Vocally Salena was perfect in my eyes. Teya has to work on the one or other thing. But in the end this will be a very good performance in Liverpool. I dont feel winner vibes but I expect it to end up in the top 10. Maybe with an amazing staging Austria could reach the top 3. I hope Marvin Dietmann will find the right mixture of a cool dance performance and some fun elements like in the video without messing it up like Armenia last year.

Top Bottom