Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
I love the interview, so interesting to learn how the song came about. They wrote a lot of ballads for ESC and Edgar Allen Poe just for fun with no intent. It was written in 20 minutes, and their manager was obsessed with it.

This song captured a moment, that is why it is so fresh and original.

Ezio

Veteran
I just finished watching the interview. Teya and Salena love every song, but they don't know whether it's because this season is so great, or because they take part in it and are very enthusiastic. And then they started counting the songs which they love, Sweden, Armenia, Finland, Norway, Czechia, Israel, Netherlands.... and the interviewers looked a bit disappointed, no Germany :( Oh cringe.

• Like It
Reactions: skl

marty

I just finished watching the interview. Teya and Salena love every song, but they don't know whether it's because this season is so great, or because they take part in it and are very enthusiastic. And then they started counting the songs which they love, Sweden, Armenia, Finland, Norway, Czechia, Israel, Netherlands.... and the interviewers looked a bit disappointed, no Germany :( Oh cringe.
They mentioned in other interviews that they like the german entry

Ezio

Veteran
This Interview was super interesting. No bland answers at all.

marty

Austria reached #7 in the odds now.
Cant wait to watch their first live performance in Madrid. I dont expect it to be flawless since it needs perfect audio engineering which wont be available in Madrid. But with the crowd singing and dancing along I hope it will be an impressive performance.

MAD20

Interesting to see the top 3 in the ORF selection was either Teya, Salena and Teya & Salena. That could mean two things: the girls can sing really well or maybe the songwriting camp was so productive to the two of them (or rigging but I don't think so in this case hahaha). Anyway, don't they look sooooo adorable? I think they're gonna be the funny ones in the videos released during the Eurovision week.

Lindon

The BBC predicts Top 5 for Austria
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65t043969

The best song you'll ever hear about being possessed by the ghost of 19th Century horror writer Edgar Allen Poe.
Daft as it sounds, the song is a pointed commentary on how hard it is for female songwriters to be taken seriously. Claiming demonic possession, Teya & Salena suggest, would gain them more kudos than just being themselves.
The mid-section, meanwhile, is directed at Spotify's royalty rate of $0.003 per song. "Give me two years and your dinner will be free".
A wildly inventive Trojan horse of a pop song. What's not to love?
Prediction: A real contender. Top five.

• Like It
Reactions: aef

aef

Ezio

Veteran
Why can't my country (Ireland) deliver something fun, witty and original like this, that doesn't take itself too seriously?
Irelande douze points, Irelande douze points!!

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
Three Point zero zero zero % 🤪😋🤩

Realest

FtGf19uWYAEtYAh

Top Bottom