Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindon

Ezio

Veteran
He also made staging for Albina that I didn't like. Those 5 Albinas were trashy and cringe.
He put static camera for a minute and a half on a girl in leotard that can't really dance. xexcuseme
Oh, I didn't know that, but I loved it tbh.

Of all the glitter girly bops of 2011, this was my favourite performance. I found the martial dresses for her sensual backup dancers ridiculous back then, but in hindsight it's funny. Of course, Israel had the vocal advantage over Albina, but Croatia was staged better. It was a dynamic show, and had the best use of the flag LED. Biggest mistake was the pink and baby blue colour scheme, because this was overused in 2021, also the silver wardrobe.

Bmbriga

Oh, I didn't know that, but I loved it tbh.

Of all the glitter girly bops of 2011, this was my favourite performance. I found the martial dresses for her sensual backup dancers ridiculous back then, but in hindsight it's funny. Of course, Israel had the vocal advantage over Albina, but Croatia was staged better. It was a dynamic show, and had the best use of the flag LED. Biggest mistake was the pink and baby blue colour scheme, because this was overused in 2021, also the silver wardrobe.

The staging wasn't so bad per se, but wasn't a good fit for Albina, imo.
And one should take into consideration who you're working with when making the staging.
Of course that's not just his fault but also the fault of choreographer and a stylist.

Ezio

Veteran
Looks like we are overtaking Czechia in this week in the odds. In any case, these are the best pre-contest odds ever for us. Fanpolls see us locked in at 4th.

4th or 2nd place at Eurovision would be nice because I never lived to see these results.

AndroZeus

Looks like we are overtaking Czechia in this week in the odds. In any case, these are the best pre-contest odds ever for us. Fanpolls see us locked in at 4th.

4th or 2nd place at Eurovision would be nice because I never lived to see these results.
I mean, you won in 2014 and came 3rd in 2018. Which I guess is technically different from 2nd and 4th?

Ezio

Veteran
I mean, you won in 2014 and came 3rd in 2018. Which I guess is technically different from 2nd and 4th?
Yes, UK finished 2nd 18 times, we never did that. 4th only once in 1965.

Lindon

I would like to see a national selection together with Germany and Switzerland

In each show, one country presents 8 or 10 acts and the other countries vote for them, jury and televote.
With the joint framework shows before and after the grand finale, it's within reach, especially if ARD takes over the production. ;)
Even loosing there would be a win for every participating artist.

simori95

With the joint framework shows before and after the grand finale, it's within reach, especially if ARD takes over the production. ;)
Even loosing there would be a win for every participating artist.
Tbh I don’t see it happening, A) because switzerland is not fully a (swiss-)german-speaking country and non-german speakers might not take a liking in emphasizing the D-A-CH-closeness (I was already surprised the joint Production of the Shows will take Place) plus B) the general public might not be a fan of having „foreign“ televotes take Part in deciding the entry of their country.

Now my personal opinion is that I would very much like it though, I think it would be awesome and it could be a real opportunity for the artists, like you said.

ESC94

Tbh I don’t see it happening, A) because switzerland is not fully a (swiss-)german-speaking country and non-german speakers might not take a liking in emphasizing the D-A-CH-closeness (I was already surprised the joint Production of the Shows will take Place) plus B) the general public might not be a fan of having „foreign“ televotes take Part in deciding the entry of their country.

Now my personal opinion is that I would very much like it though, I think it would be awesome and it could be a real opportunity for the artists, like you said.

I´m part of this public and strongly agree with that, therefore I tind this proposal "Käse" as we say in German.

Last edited:

ayzelto

Unless the vocals are weak, with all the difficulty this song implies (a lot of lyrics), the televote is going to love this one. Juries? Who knows, maybe the result will be decent as well. Top 10 is almost guaranteed I think. A higher position will depend on the live performance, but for now I see this one doing better than Czechia or the UK for example.

Top Bottom