Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindon

The master of static stagings Marvin Dietmann will do 10 countries in Liverpool, rumors say. Of course Austria is one of them. Please universe, help!

Ezio

Veteran
Since Marvin is doing so many countries every year, he should have scored another win already. But in the end, he didnt. He is collecting NQ and Bottom 5 badges.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Since Marvin is doing so many countries every year, he should have scored another win already. But in the end, he didnt. He is collecting NQ and Bottom 5 badges.
Surely he won’t half ass his own countries staging though

crashworld

Veteran
Marvin can be such a hit-and-miss. I do like what he did with Israel and Cyprus last year even though both flopped, but I don't think that's on the staging but more on the artists/songs themselves.

Ezio

Veteran
Marvin can be such a hit-and-miss. I do like what he did with Israel and Cyprus last year even though both flopped, but I don't think that's on the staging but more on the artists/songs themselves.
The staging for Armenia last year was crime against humanity

Ezio

Veteran
The staging wasn’t Halo’s problem as much as you don’t want to hear it
You don't want to here it neither that it was a problem, and I know it!

gingerale

To be fair Marvin Dietmann did some really good jobs for Austria. The stagings I can recall from 2013-2021 have all been from good to fantastic. They always matched the song and the artist and pushed them higher on the scoreboard.

I think Halo was built around the weak vocals. Same for Ela (I love that staging tbh). The only choice for these girls was to stand still. And even then they were out of tune and lacked confidence . No dynamic setting could have changed that.

Lindon

You don't want to here it neither that it was a problem, and I know it!
Let's focus on something more uplifting. "I Am Yours" by The Makemakes and our beloved Dodo (ESC 2015) is featured in a new TV ad of VW Österreich

Ezio

Veteran
To be fair Marvin Dietmann did some really good jobs for Austria. The stagings I can recall from 2013-2021 have all been from good to fantastic. They always matched the song and the artist and pushed them higher on the scoreboard.

I think Halo was built around the weak vocals. Same for Ela (I love that staging tbh). The only choice for these girls was to stand still. And even then they were out of tune and lacked confidence . No dynamic setting could have changed that.

2013 Shine - meh, gave immediate NQ vibes
2015 I Am Yours - meh, but the National Final was great
2017 Running on air - cheesy!!!
2019/2021 nice and static
2022 too static, where were the dancers?

And what he did with Germany 2017 or Spain 2021 was really bad.

Cyprus 2022 was also the most static Cyprus of all times. I could have imagined something more sensual or frivolous, but this was timid.

Ezio

Veteran
Shoot me, I did Marvin too dirty. He also staged UK last year. Though it was also very static and I thought this songs should have been performed more dynamically.

I wonder if he could pull of a Chanel SloMo staging. Did Israel call him maybe? I guess not.

Top Bottom