Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
I thought it was a good idea last year when you announced to not watch eurovision anymore because you lost interest in it.
Fun fact, I didnt watch it last year

sigi

none of them and i'm not that well-known in the esc bubble, i work as a music journalist though.
Everyone knows Datura

If you think the link is off topic , you will understand on march 8th

Ezio

Veteran

Lindon

Deleted

Edit: @Ezio
I accidentally hit the post reply button here. But because it's already happening, I can use this space here to post something. I haven't watched the last GF either. However, I believe that I still have the broadcast from ORF and ARD on hard drive.

Last edited:

Datura

Deleted

Edit: @Ezio
I accidentally hit the post reply button here. But because it's already happening, I can use this space here to post something. I haven't watched the last GF either. However, I believe that I still have the broadcast from ORF and ARD on hard drive.
because lumix and pia maria dropped out in the semi or was there another reason???

Lindon

because lumix and pia maria dropped out in the semi or was there another reason???
Yes. I was furious with the staging and (to a lesser extent) the singing of Pia (I've heard her far worse in Israel). I think I was on Netflix that night. I recorded it thinking I might watch it later, but I never did.

Datura

i see. i love the contest way too much to let my own countries bad performance "ruin" the show for me. but i understand the dispappointment

mauve

Veteran
i see. i love the contest way too much to let my own countries bad performance "ruin" the show for me. but i understand the dispappointment
If we Germans react that way, I would have given up on ESC long ago. But there are more countries than your own country! Even if we select Ikke Hüftgold for Liverpool, I feel like Germany collapsing, but instead of drowning I cling myself to other great songs!

Looren

Veteran
If we Germans react that way, I would have given up on ESC long ago. But there are more countries than your own country! Even if we select Ikke Hüftgold for Liverpool, I feel like Germany collapsing, but instead of drowning I cling myself to other great songs!

Same, I really couldn't get behind any Belgian song since Blanche (I liked Hooverphonic 2020 but it doesn't count since Covid, also like Eliott and Jérémie studio but live just ruined them for me) at the point I was mad when we qualified for the final last two editions, but yeah instead of only watching my country am seeing what the others have there

Mainshow

Veteran
If I were like you, I would have stopped watching Eurovision after 2016 - because I hated, disliked or felt pretty much nothing ("Rockstars") all :de: entries afterwards whereas I loved "Ghost" and it ended up being last in 2016.

But that´s Eurovision - other countries are allowed to deliver better (vocal) performances, submit more competitive entries and vote in a different way (than I would do).

I see Eurovision as a great entertainment programme and I´m (almost) happy for all finalists - I´d definitely continue watching Eurovision even if the Big 5 rule gets dropped and :de: would not advance to the final for several consecutive years.

However, I know that it may suck and one feels disappointed after witnessing that your country didn´t make it...but honestly, after that performance, I think it´s still worth noticing that it received points from 13 different countries out of 18 potential voters.. .That´s something you could cling to... :at: is neither disliked nor unfairly treated (even though there´s some limited effects of favourism going on regarding the running-order or the televoting) - :at: simply needs a captivating entry which doesn´t get butchered on stage again.

MooseShoes

Don't want to open the :at: can't do well in the televote can of worms again, but it does seem the case that some of the central European countries tend to find themselves at the bottom of the televote ranking unfairly. And it is slightly frustrating to see diaspora countries, ex-Yugo and Nordics at least helping each other up the table even though their songs might not be up to much. However, :cz: are the worst affected in this regard, sorry.

(And this brings me back to why juries are important despite their glaring flaws: the fact that they rank songs should allow good songs to shine even if they aren't top 5 contenders. Most televoters will only vote for one song.)

Lindon

It was the first time I didn't watch the show in 20 years.

Ezio

Veteran
I don’t find Eurovision particularly entertaining. It’s actually quite boring to watch. The most entertaining, thrilling and triggering feat is the voting sequence. Last year I had a raunchy party and later watched the second half of the voting in a crowded club. That was way cooler than sitting at home and commenting for the lols.

It’s not the first time I skipped it, and I usually skip a semifinal or two also.

simori95

I don’t find Eurovision particularly entertaining. It’s actually quite boring to watch. The most entertaining, thrilling and triggering feat is the voting sequence. Last year I had a raunchy party and later watched the second half of the voting in a crowded club. That was way cooler than sitting at home and commenting for the lols.

It’s not the first time I skipped it, and I usually skip a semifinal or two also.
I mean sure, you do you, me asking isn’t criticism, just curiosity. your reply does make me wonder what it is that you like about Eurovision. „Just“ the preseason, discussing the songs, the NF and talking about who has what amount of potential etc.? I mean I also clearly enjoy that part, maybe even more than the actual show itself, but the show is still somewhat the climax to me.

Lindon

I didn't watch it at the end of the 90s until early 00s. How long I watched it before the break would reveal my age.

Realest

Don't want to open the :at: can't do well in the televote can of worms again, but it does seem the case that some of the central European countries tend to find themselves at the bottom of the televote ranking unfairly. And it is slightly frustrating to see diaspora countries, ex-Yugo and Nordics at least helping each other up the table even though their songs might not be up to much. However, :cz: are the worst affected in this regard, sorry.

(And this brings me back to why juries are important despite their glaring flaws: the fact that they rank songs should allow good songs to shine even if they aren't top 5 contenders. Most televoters will only vote for one song.)

Slovakia and Liechtenstein needs to join Eurovision to ensure a few guaranteed Points.

Lindon

Slovakia and Liechtenstein needs to join Eurovision to ensure a few guaranteed Points.
I'm not sure we would get points from Vorarlberg if it was independend 🤣

Lindon

Band Russkaya dissolves
Austrian band Russkaya, inspired by traditional Russian music, has announced its disbandment. "This is the saddest day in the band's history after 18 years, but the furious war in Ukraine, which Russia started on February 24, 2022, makes it impossible for us to continue with an image & style that uses Soviet themes and language in a satirical way," the group wrote on Facebook.What had been "funny satire in music" before February 24 was now just "tragic with a very bitter aftertaste." No one in the band wants to represent something "that in times like these is associated exclusively with war, death, crime and bloodshed. "Even after an end to the war, the Soviet image will forever remain damaged and taboo, he said. The band also reported daily shitstorms on social media. One is portrayed as "Russian terrorists", "although we are the exact opposite of that and with our multicultural background with members from Ukraine, Italy, Germany & Austria we stand for peace, diversity and cohesion to the maximum.

Ezio

Veteran
I mean sure, you do you, me asking isn’t criticism, just curiosity. your reply does make me wonder what it is that you like about Eurovision. „Just“ the preseason, discussing the songs, the NF and talking about who has what amount of potential etc.? I mean I also clearly enjoy that part, maybe even more than the actual show itself, but the show is still somewhat the climax to me.
Childhood tradition. But I am slowly tuning out of quite some childhood traditions. Sometimes, I catch myself being bored with commenting on songs already. It doesn't give me life.

Top Bottom