Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Datura

Over the past few years, I've got the impression that the various delegations have grown fearful of his judgments and his impact on fandom. On the surface he is almost always positive, but he is a master at clearly communicating between the lines what he really doesn't like.
i just remembered that the promoter of one of austrias former representatives once said to me that fansites like "wiwibloggs" make or break an entry. i personally think she exaggerated, i don't think their impact is THAT huge, but it supports ur comment

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
i just remembered that the promoter of one of austrias former representatives once said to me that fansites like "wiwibloggs" make or break an entry. i personally think she exaggerated, i don't think their impact is THAT huge, but it supports ur comment
They can certainly set the tone as to whether an entrant is going to be loved, & hyped into an oblivion, or thrown into the abyss. Overall though I don't think they influence the results at Eurovision at all. People often forget that the fans make up such a tiny % of the actual voters on the night and the regular Joe watching wont even know what Wiwibloggs is.

Datura

They can certainly set the tone as to whether an entrant is going to be loved, & hyped into an oblivion, or thrown into the abyss. Overall though I don't think they influence the results at Eurovision at all. People often forget that the fans make up such a tiny % of the actual voters on the night and the regular Joe watching wont even know what Wiwibloggs is.
that's exactly what i thought too, they can set a tone in the fan community but the actual voters are quite a different audience.

Sammy

Veteran
talking about wiwibloggs: their reaction videos drive me mad, they instantly start talking as soon as the song starts and comment on every little thing there is NO WAY the can really take in the music, very superficial. i stopped watching them it makes me really angry.
but i think william is overall quite entertaining and well spoken, so i kind of get why he has a name in the esc bubble and gets invited to those shows. good for him. i think if we got the chance to do what he does we'd all take it.
there are other guys at wiwibloggs (i will not name them) that i cannot bare AT ALL, attention seekers with no feelings for music just SLAAAY and YAASSS
Do you have mind reading powers or why can you post exactly what I was about zo write?!?

njdevils94

Veteran
They're only the most relevant one because broadcasters and such continue to feed their platform while starving just about any other platform that exists. They get a lot of special treatment and extra access, no other really gets that.
No they are the most relevant fan website because they put out a lot of content during the ESC season (article,audio,video etc.) and have made connections with various HoD's which has given them opportunites to be jurors in various National finals.

Lindon

Datura is the biggest mystery for me in this forum. I catch myself thinking again and again who is actually posting here. I don't do that with any other forum member.
Is it a well-known personality? I was already thinking of Andi Knoll, Marco Schreuder, Alkis Vlassakakis, Stefan Zechner (the taste in music doesn't fit imo), Christian Ude (wrong location), Didi Petschl.... 😉

aef

talking about wiwibloggs: their reaction videos drive me mad, they instantly start talking as soon as the song starts and comment on every little thing there is NO WAY the can really take in the music, very superficial. i stopped watching them it makes me really angry.
but i think william is overall quite entertaining and well spoken, so i kind of get why he has a name in the esc bubble and gets invited to those shows. good for him. i think if we got the chance to do what he does we'd all take it.
there are other guys at wiwibloggs (i will not name them) that i cannot bare AT ALL, attention seekers with no feelings for music just SLAAAY and YAASSS

I'm not a regular watcher or a diehard fan of Wiwibloggs so I don't know his name, but yes, there are definitely some guys like these there, especially the one with balkan (?) roots that they had a lot in their recent videos...

Datura

Datura is the biggest mystery for me in this forum. I catch myself thinking again and again who is actually posting here. I don't do that with any other forum member.
Is it a well-known personality? I was already thinking of Andi Knoll, Marco Schreuder, Alkis Vlassakakis, Stefan Zechner (the taste in music doesn't fit imo), Christian Ude (wrong location), Didi Petschl.... 😉
none of them and i'm not that well-known in the esc bubble, i work as a music journalist though.

Datura

No they are the most relevant fan website because they put out a lot of content during the ESC season (article,audio,video etc.) and have made connections with various HoD's which has given them opportunites to be jurors in various National finals.
i agree that they put a lot of work and dedication into their stuff and are usually very quick and up to date with everything, gotta give them credit here aswell (but as i said i'm not always a fan of HOW they do it)

Lindon

none of them and i'm not that well-known in the esc bubble, i work as a music journalist though.

I was only joking. I knew you are a music journalist. We've had that conversation already a few years ago, but I thought it was worth repeating it. 😀

Ezio

Veteran
For me it is just so corrupt for Wiwibloggs to rate every song before the competition, get to interview every act and cozy up with them, meddle in almost every selection, get to sell their merch. I guess many delegations don't want to work with them, but feel like they have to.

I mean, how do you get to rate the songs beforehand, and have a revolving door to EBU and BBC? William must be mistaken for a source of wisdom in the music scene and might actually influence the jury vote and odds by his meddling.

For me, wiwibloggs would be more likeable, if they would make a choice. Be opinionated about ESC and rate all the songs house down boots, but then stay away from EBU and the acts, or provide a fair and objective coverage. Descriptive instead of judgmental.

They want to have both, and I am not having them.

And their forum sucks, because they don't really want to hear from the fans anyways.

aef

Can we please stop the off topic discussions after all. I get your point anyway though I don't have such an extreme opinion on Wiwibloggs for example. This is the :at: thread and we should really talk about :at: entry topics.

Ezio

Veteran
You can stop what you want to. It's not my business.

Top Bottom