Contact us

Who is a real contender for the victory?

Eidechse

If miracles happen, Austria winning with 360 points on televoters would be a dream come true.

I doubt that would happen and Sweden is still the safest bet yet. Unless the televoters get too crowded with too many bangers and France plowing through in the top 3 juryvote.

I can't see Sweden below top 3 combined

Period

aef

I‘m quite relieved that 90 percent of the :de: songcheck panel has the same opinion about :es: as I do.

Rocket man

I'm going to say a country that I think people haven't really mentioned,
:ge: Georgia
Iru is one of the best performers this year and she has experience of doing Eurovision and actually winning. Also I think the staging could really elevate the song into a contender for the win.

In the end I think it's between Sweden (not a fan, but I actually believe the hype), and Finland, and Georgia.
Also Czechia could squeeze inside the top 5 , and Lithuania could be a surprise top 10.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Yeah I think it is :se: x :fi: at the end, unless idk :il: has an incredibly fantastic performance to be a contender?

I can't honestly see :fr: doing that well. Perhaps a 12th place? As for :es:... I imagine she will get a lot of 12s but a lot of 0s, so I think she will be top 5 but it is not gonna be enough to win. At least she will probably start with our 24 points, at least. Can't see :pt: scoring any other song higher than hers.

aef

Iru is one of the best performers this year and she has experience of doing Eurovision and actually winning. Also I think the staging could really elevate the song into a contender for the win.

In the end I think it's between Sweden (not a fan, but I actually believe the hype), and Finland, and Georgia.
Also Czechia could squeeze inside the top 5 , and Lithuania could be a surprise top 10.
True, maybe not winning, but :ge: is the only country this year I’d call a dark horse. Hm well I can see it entering top 10 but also flopping especially with bad running order…

MopManMoss

Veteran

Thing is known

Song is win

Ferryman

Stuggi (for April), Liverpool/Stockport (for May)
I wonder when Botland will be allowed to enter?
all my friends call it botany
but they just can't see the chemistry
she's more than a plant could be
it ain't dirty cos' she's virus free
now I'm on my way to Tbilisi
to engage with her server
Cos' I'm in love with a piece of
Ay-Aye, Ay-Aye, Ay-Aye
I've fallen for a piece of
Ay-Aye, Ay-Aye, Ay-Aye

John1

I can't honestly see :fr: doing that well. Perhaps a 12th place? As for :es:... I imagine she will get a lot of 12s but a lot of 0s, so I think she will be top 5 but it is not gonna be enough to win.

I just can't see :fr: outside the top 10 at the very least, and it's not because I come from the very Frenchy country of France. To be honest with you, I just can't see any entry, apart from :fi::se::il: placing higher than Évidemment. Knowing how La Zarra and her creative team will work things out, I think the staging will absolutely be nailed.

The momentum is here, the thing is known x

hpp0

I'm not very familiar with the entries and the fandom's opinions this year but I'll try to make some predictions, although I often get it wrong.

I think :se: is the most likely to win the juries, no idea about the rest but I expect her to have a decent difference to the song that places second.

About televoting, I believe the differences between the first 3 - 5 songs won't be very big. I can see :fi: taking it and I also think :ua: is more likely to come second than :se: although, again, the difference in votes between those three will probably be small, kinda like the 2019 televoting results.

:es: could do well with both groups, although I see them doing better with televoting.

:fr: gives me a vibe similar to 2017 as an entry, so I kinda expect a similar result or slightly better.

:it: should probably be able to get a lower top 10 finish (7th - 10th) if the performance isn't overly boring, but either way I don't see them finishing below 14th.

I don't see :no: being a contender for the victory but 6th - 8th place seems possible. It depends a lot on how the other dance songs will be staged, but it could be 4th or 5th with televoting.

Overall I think it could be :se: :ua: :fi: :es: ? (Spain could be either 4th or 5th, I see it more as a 5th placer but I don't know who else will be in the top 5).

Last edited:

12Pointsgoto.....

I really don't see anyone besides Loreen winning. She will have both the televote and jury vote to do so, While I do not see finland coming anywhere close to the televote it needs. Finland will most likely win the televote, but I am not completely sold on Sweden winning the jury vote, it is just that she will have enough overall points to win.

AndroZeus

Listen, this prediction is out there, but I'm gonna say it on the off chance that it's right and I can look like the smartest person ever: Loreen's gonna come 3rd in both the televote and the jury, with Spain and France slightly ahead in the jury vote and Norway and Finland slightly ahead in the televote, and then she's still gonna win and everyone's gonna be super pissed off :D

lacrymea

Listen, this prediction is out there, but I'm gonna say it on the off chance that it's right and I can look like the smartest person ever: Loreen's gonna come 3rd in both the televote and the jury, with Spain and France slightly ahead in the jury vote and Norway and Finland slightly ahead in the televote, and then she's still gonna win and everyone's gonna be super pissed off :D
You like to see the world burn xD

Funix

I DON'T see Spain as a contender for win. Who will vote for that song outside the little Eurovision bubble? There are just songs that are more appealing and somewhat "mainstream" in the trends for music right now (i know, that "mainstorm" dosent equal quality and votes, but songs can also be to crazy and quirky for the average viewers taste) . Also, i dont see it as a jury magnet.

Sweden... (long ahead), Norway and maybe France are in my book far more likely to run with the trophy than anybody else.
"Dark Horses": Israel, Czechia

AndroZeus

I DON'T see Spain as a contender for win. Who will vote for that song outside the little Eurovision bubble? There are just songs that are more appealing and somewhat "mainstream" in the trends for music right now (i know, that "mainstorm" dosent equal quality and votes, but songs can also be to crazy and quirky for the average viewers taste) . Also, i dont see it as a jury magnet.

Sweden... (long ahead), Norway and maybe France are in my book far more likely to run with the trophy than anybody else.
"Dark Horses": Israel, Czechia
Yet another person saying they don't think Spain is a contender without stating any actual reason apart from "eh I just don't think so".

Top Bottom