3 1.7%

10 5.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtyFalcon

Please Norway i beg you, send Gåte to Eurovision. Ulveham gives me absolute chills and we don't even have the full song yet + live performance xpray

SAYAY

Please Norway i beg you, send Gåte to Eurovision. Ulveham gives me absolute chills and we don't even have the full song yet + live performance xpray
I really loved it, so I will probably vote for it at least if it is in! Can't make any promises on behalf of the rest of my country though :LOL:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
If they came back with something similar to Monument, people would say it was inferior or that they were trying too hard again. Yet, at least it‘s fun and whimsical which is what people said Monument was lacking. This is the same audience who voted for TIX and Subwoolfer so I fully expect to be a contender.

Monument was... well, competent at least? I was a Monument enjoyer and liked it much more than Fallen Angel (I also do not think it's the best NF loser of all times or hold it on a pedestal. it was a fun europop entry, nothing more). This new Keiino song made me feel second-hand-embarrassment for Alexandra Rotan who I thought is a very talented singer-songwriter, but instead is forever lost in the cluthes of the other two hasbeens (forgot their names.)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
that said, lmfao @ the AI song that leaked. Aqua on half the braincells xheart If Norway is stupid enough to favour Keiino in this MGP, they should be nihilistic enough to favour that one too. :-)

Sparky

I think KEIINO's problem is that somehow they can't do anything right for their naysayers. SitS was bashed because of being "schlager", Monument was bashed because it was a "jury pleaser", and this new song is bashed for baiting the televote again.

If you replace their name with a newborn band/artist, and hear this song under that name, it would get a lot more positive replies. It certainly doesn't help that the rule of thumb says returning acts (unless you're Loreen) should bring an overwhelmingly better song for the second time. KEIINO has their established sound now, they have lots of songs, so the expectations are higher.

For that reason, I think they won't win the MGP once again... For the song alone, it's still running circles around most of those boring pieces, but this is how it is. Alessandra's song is terrible for example.

SAYAY

I know I'm delusional but Astrid S is also teasing something.
I mean, stranger things have happened so who knows! Chris Holsten is also releasing a song tomorrow, but that could of course be a mere coincidence. We will get the final answers tomorrow from 13.00 ;)

SAYAY

lol. the entire norwegian music industry decided to release a song tomorrow.
So it seems yes HAHA! It's actually quite funny. What is it with January 5th and song releases in Norway? :lol::lol: Will be interesting to see which songs released tomorrow is actually in MGP and what is mere coincidences! Alessandra is probably just a funny coincidence and so is probably Chris Holsten. I could add Rybak to that list as well, but him doing an attempt number 3 does not actually sound too unlikely haha. At least he seems to genuinely love Eurovision, so that's always nice and a good starting point;)

Sparky

The AI song is a really sorry Aqua parody without the edge of the original. Woman Show however is pretty solid challenger for KEIINO.

Seregil Korit

I love a wacky song sometimes but I would love it even more if Norway send something like Gåte. 🙏
It's obviously the standout and hopefully all the 90s poppy influences will cancel eachother out

theditz83

Veteran
Anyone that knows me has known I've been a massive KEiiNO fan since the first excerpts of Spirit In the Sky came out for the 2019 NMGP selection, and I've followed all of their work, loving all of the twists and turns and seeing them grow and become their own little independent unit spreading pop joy to all.

I will admit that I haven't adored every single one of their songs, and I can probably tell that Damdiggida will be towards the lower half of my full song ranking when it comes to adding to their Spotify playlist on my account (doesn't sound like it will have longevity compared to many of their other earlier tracks from the Okta era), but the worst thing for me is that if all these leaks are genuine, they've plumped for a sound that it seems is going to be over-represented in this selection, so naturally it'll be up to them to bring a unique stage show to stand out.

So for now, I'm of course happy to see them back, would be delighted to see them take part in MGP, but I'm not sure if they can take the win on this basis. And that's so sad to say, but tbh I cannot just stand the thought of being utterly crushed in the way I was when the 2021 results came in. So yeah, I'm saving my heart by stopping myself becoming too invested this early on.

I'll wait for the official reveal this weekend to dive in further to the songs here.

empo21

Veteran
I really don't think Margaret Berger's song is very competitive, but as a 2013 Marge simp I have to support her here till the bitter end 🫡🫡

Alessandra is probably dropping a single to promote at MGP (I'm guessing she will perform as previous champ)

Mainshow

Veteran
I absolutely adore the verses of Berger's song and tb production is divine but the chorus? That's quite a let down and it feels a bit anticlimactic. It would still be a solid ESC entry but hopefully, there will be more.competitive.entries in the NF

Sparky

Anyone that knows me has known I've been a massive KEiiNO fan since the first excerpts of Spirit In the Sky came out for the 2019 NMGP selection, and I've followed all of their work, loving all of the twists and turns and seeing them grow and become their own little independent unit spreading pop joy to all.

I will admit that I haven't adored every single one of their songs, and I can probably tell that Damdiggida will be towards the lower half of my full song ranking when it comes to adding to their Spotify playlist on my account (doesn't sound like it will have longevity compared to many of their other earlier tracks from the Okta era), but the worst thing for me is that if all these leaks are genuine, they've plumped for a sound that it seems is going to be over-represented in this selection, so naturally it'll be up to them to bring a unique stage show to stand out.

So for now, I'm of course happy to see them back, would be delighted to see them take part in MGP, but I'm not sure if they can take the win on this basis. And that's so sad to say, but tbh I cannot just stand the thought of being utterly crushed in the way I was when the 2021 results came in. So yeah, I'm saving my heart by stopping myself becoming too invested this early on.

I'll wait for the official reveal this weekend to dive in further to the songs here.

I'm wondering what are your best KEIINO choices for curiousity.

IMHO their most impressive piece of music was Unbreakable (a song that sounded like an old melody from the XVII. country and had a fantastic harmony), followed by the very deep and melancholic Alt Du Kan Se, then Summer of My Life (a rare piece where Tom Hugo got some spotlight and a very harmonic piece again), Nights of Thunder, Venus (Alexandra Rotan's tour de force singing piece), the bit controversial Black Leather, and Roar Like a Lion with the partnership of a traditional maori group. Praying was also nice mostly because of it's lyrics, and Monument was also great, although it needed that beautiful video (one of my favourite music videos of all time).

There were some misfires of course, most notable those "party dance" songs that somehow plagued their legacy in late 2023.

Top Bottom