3 1.7%

10 5.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SAYAY

I didn't know she was from Norway until recently really. Now I want her to do well because I love dynasty,but I will listen to her Eurovision song and I will try to forget about dynasty.
When I watched her on the launch I just wanted to give her a hug. She was a bit nervous xheartxrose

Marcos C

Here is an article with details about each of the MGP 2024 artists. It's in Norwegian, so if you don't speak the language, then get your translation apps handy. 📱

SAYAY

Gothministers lyrics kinda scare me :ROFLMAO: I dont think I will dare having open curtains in my living room tonight:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SAYAY

Based on my first impression, this is how my personal ranking looks like. I will probably adjust it after I see things live in action, because sometimes songs can massively grow live for me, so this is in no way final.
  1. Gåte
  2. Ingrid Jasmin
  3. Gothminister
  4. Margaret Berger
  5. Eli Kristin
  6. Farida
  7. Mileo
  8. Vidar Villa
  9. Miia
  10. Fredrik Halland
  11. Annprincess
  12. Myra
  13. Anne & Dag-Erik
  14. Mathilde SPZ, Chris Archer, Slam Dunk
  15. Mistra
  16. Keiino
  17. Erika Norwich & Super Rob
  18. Thomas Jensen

theditz83

Veteran
I'm wondering what are your best KEIINO choices for curiousity.

IMHO their most impressive piece of music was Unbreakable (a song that sounded like an old melody from the XVII. country and had a fantastic harmony), followed by the very deep and melancholic Alt Du Kan Se, then Summer of My Life (a rare piece where Tom Hugo got some spotlight and a very harmonic piece again), Nights of Thunder, Venus (Alexandra Rotan's tour de force singing piece), the bit controversial Black Leather, and Roar Like a Lion with the partnership of a traditional maori group. Praying was also nice mostly because of it's lyrics, and Monument was also great, although it needed that beautiful video (one of my favourite music videos of all time).

There were some misfires of course, most notable those "party dance" songs that somehow plagued their legacy in late 2023.
My favourite KEiiNO tracks are:
1. Monument - I get emotional everytime I hear it, but the lyrics hit a real personal nerve so that's probably why. And Alexandra's high note xheat
2. Colours - their best carefree party song, just so so joyful!
3. Unbreakable - beautifully atmospheric, and with a beautiful progression.
4. Black Leather - guilty pleasure, and probably my favourite chorus of all their songs.
5. Alt Du Kan Se - the melancholic electronica anthem I didn't know I needed from them!
6. Venus - hearing Alexandra letting her inner rock diva soar is just everything!
7. Would I Like - this was my groove when Okta was released, such a great little collab and a killer summery groove to the beats.

Loads more I enjoy (Roar Like A Lion, ADDJAS, Praying, Insomnia) but those would be my top picks.

Great to see the semi finals confirmed, and nice to see that KEiiNO have a fairly decent slot in Semi 3. Should be an interesting NF to follow... xup

SAYAY

My favourite KEiiNO tracks are:
1. Monument - I get emotional everytime I hear it, but the lyrics hit a real personal nerve so that's probably why. And Alexandra's high note xheat
2. Colours - their best carefree party song, just so so joyful!
3. Unbreakable - beautifully atmospheric, and with a beautiful progression.
4. Black Leather - guilty pleasure, and probably my favourite chorus of all their songs.
5. Alt Du Kan Se - the melancholic electronica anthem I didn't know I needed from them!
6. Venus - hearing Alexandra letting her inner rock diva soar is just everything!
7. Would I Like - this was my groove when Okta was released, such a great little collab and a killer summery groove to the beats.

Loads more I enjoy (Roar Like A Lion, ADDJAS, Praying, Insomnia) but those would be my top picks.

Great to see the semi finals confirmed, and nice to see that KEiiNO have a fairly decent slot in Semi 3. Should be an interesting NF to follow... xup
Would I Lie is a total bop :cool:

Alexy

12 POINTS FROM ROMANIA

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hello Eurovision fans, what do I think about this song Erika Norwich & Super Rob, I'm dreaming I hope but I think super rob is none other than Alan Walker and he helps Erika to represent Norway at Eurovision, some sounds are from Alan's songs Walker, the song is incredible, Gaute Ormåsen only helped with the composition, but I think that if he comes on stage with this robot and will sing it is none other than Alan Walker or why not DJ Astronaut?

What do you think

And now let me tell you who I would like to represent Norway
1 Erika Norwich & Super Rob — My AI
2. Mathilde SPZ ft. Chris Archer & Slam Dunk
3.KEiiNO — Damdiggida

NO GATE

COME ON NORWAY

TOP 5 EUROVISION, OSLO 2025?

JSSArcos

What a fantastic Norwegian NF, congratulations, I'm still processing liking more than 7 songs in one NF :ROFLMAO:xheatxheart

BorisBubbles

Veteran
this nf is actually not too bad. it's definitely refreshing to have more than two good songs in the nf. Touch of Venus is uproarious. My AI is great (going from boy/boy to girl/boy makes SUCH a massive difference). Woman Show is delectable. Waltz of Death is the most morose and depressing thing of all times I love it xheart Thomas will either be a huge slay or the biggest live disaster since glamboy p.

There's definitely something good going on. Keiino and the insulting Ela clone are easily the two worst of the bunch, so them to lose.

EscGeek

Veteran
I want eurodance from :no: xcheer xheat

1-Keiinoxheya
2-Super Rob & Erika Norwich
3-Gothminister
4-Gåte
5-Margaret Berger
6-Vidar Villa
7-Mileo
8-Mathilde SPZ & Chris Archer & Slam Dunk

I'm relieved Raylee is not competing this year. She deserves nothing but worship from me and this year that would turn into a charade. *ba dum tss* :mrgreen:

mauve

Veteran
So I listened to the songs. Some of them are gorgeous:

Gåte – Ulveham
Gothminister – “We Come Alive“
Eli Kristin Hanssveen – “Touch of Venus“
MISTRA , Benedicte Adrian and Anders Odden – “Waltz of Death“

But I think only Gåte could have the chance of being chosen of these 4. I hope it won't be Keiino. I love them, but the song is not for me. Well done anyways, Norway!

theditz83

Veteran
Sorry but all of Fred's contribution in Damdiggida just sounds like
To me (and I can't believe it's taken so long for me to post this), he is emulating the 90s legend Ice MC in the classic "Think About The Way (Bom Digi Bom)" - it even sounds like Bom Digi Bom and Damdiggida are on a similar note/key, while of course sharing a similar alliteration and rhythm.

The 90s Eurodance kid in me is dying - so much for not getting hyped :lol:

aef

When I read the names of the competing artists I was like yes what a lineup but somehow I'm quite disappointed now after listening into the songs. I'm quite a KEiiNO fan but this is probably their first song I don't like at all. It feels very cheep. I don't know, I guess most of us here adore a good 90s/Eurodance track but talking about Damdiggida, I'm just not buying it. Even if there is a meaning behind Damdiggida, I really can't stand the Damidiggida chorus party. And all in all, the whole production just feels chaotic and too forced somehow. What a wasted chance! They should have competed with Alt Du Kan Se instead for example. Damdiggida doesn't show much nordic/ sami identity - but this was the reason why so many people voted vor KEiiNO in 2019! Back then, their song had this certain epic nordic feel and it had a great memorable melody. What I miss to in recent KEiiNO songs is a solo part by all three of them. This worked also very well for them in SOTS. I like Alexandra a lot as an artist but now it's mostly her singing.

Margaret's song started VERY promising, all in all I like the verses a lot. But the jump to the (bad) chorus feels very sudden and forced. Therefore I'm not convinced by the whole product. Also there isn't this nice hook that IFYML had.

Gate, an act that also many of you have already mentioned, and their song doesn't convince me at all. I don't like the song at all.

marty

Actually I dont like a single song. I think that KEIINO will make it. However, it will not be one of the better years for Norway in Malmö.

Ajeje Brazorf

Not a bad selection overall, nothing incredible but nothing disgraceful. I'm afraid the worst song (My AI, by far) will win it.

Top Bottom