3 1.7%

10 5.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SAYAY

From what I heard, will Alan Walker also participate in the MGP? To be true?
I have also heard this rumor + Astrid S. If it turns out to be true, then that's awesome, but until I actually see them at the launch tomorrow I highly doubt it. But I have been considering the possibility that they both could have written songs for others actually!

SAYAY

Alexander Rybak posted on instagram that he will release a new song.

Tomorrow.

January 5th.

Same day as the launch.

What a coincidence...

EscGeek

Veteran
Keiino's new single is AMAZING! xyaaay

90s eurodance with their own twist is perfection! And that leaked list better be true because Super Rob (Gaute from Subwoolfer?) has another 90s eurodance banger, Vidar Villa is also great, so are Alessandra and Margaret Berger. (and those are just the ones i know already.. i can't want to hear what others have in store for me)

The words "high party factor" got me hyped up xyaay

On the other hand, i did expect more from Raylee. My Wild Hero Queen deserves better. xcry

SAYAY

Keiino's new single is AMAZING! xyaaay

90s eurodance with their own twist is perfection! And that leaked list better be true because Super Rob (Gaute from Subwoolfer?) has another 90s eurodance banger, Vidar Villa is also great, so are Alessandra and Margaret Berger. (and those are just the ones i know already.. i can't want to hear what others have in store for me)

The words "high party factor" got me hyped up xyaay

On the other hand, i did expect more from Raylee. My Wild Hero Queen deserves better. xcry
Alessandra has a sold out concert in Prague on the saturday when there is Melodi Grand Prix Final, so I dont think she is participating again sadly.

EscGeek

Veteran
Alessandra has a sold out concert in Prague on the saturday when there is Melodi Grand Prix Final, so I dont think she is participating again sadly.
You know, when Ben or Gaute were busy they had arranged someone to fill in for themxrofl

Ajeje Brazorf

If they came back with something similar to Monument, people would say it was inferior or that they were trying too hard again. Yet, at least it‘s fun and whimsical which is what people said Monument was lacking. This is the same audience who voted for TIX and Subwoolfer so I fully expect to be a contender.

They are not inventing the wheel though... Let's just stay in the nordics: Aqua made songs like this one day in and day out in the '90s. Everybody loved Aqua...in the '90's.

Last edited:

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
if these leaks are true (and I still doubt Alessandra is already back in MGP), well... I'm not THAT impressed.
  • Nineties' spirit in the minds of Gaute Ormasen (not really convincing), Mathilde SPZ (between Datura and Leila K, I'd rather listen to this at UMK five-six years ago, it's enjoyable!) and KEiiNO (weird and unapologetically Aqua-esque with some hints of Fiocco/Kosmonova in the style, but in a good way)
  • Farida reinvented the (useless) key change, not bad but no wow effect
  • Margaret Berger, OK, this is also interesting. MIIA too (although a bit less convinced)
  • Vidar Villa, meh
  • Raylee, unfortunately, MEH
And, please, no Alexander Rybak xcry

Kitakaze

They are not inventing the wheel though... Let's just stay in the nordics: Aqua made songs like this one day in and day out in the '90s. Everybody loved Aqua...in the '90's.
Not sure I understand that logic, people like nostalgia. The other rumoured songs this year seem to be no less derivative of songs we’ve had in MGP in the past, so I’m not sure why everyone loves to hate on KEiiNO specifically, especially considering the My AI song seems to be in the mix too and that’s very much cut from the same cloth. Not to suggest it was calculated because Damdiggida is true to their newer musical style over the last couple of years, but I couldn’t think of better time to push out an Aqua-inspired bop coming off the success of the Barbie film.

Franzilein

All these names thrown around here make me already super excited for MGP this year. Can't wait for the full list of participators and songs ♥

Sparky

Nobody outside the ESC bubble listens to them. And apart from Monument and Spirit in the Sky none of their songs charted in Norway. So to think they are more relevant than anyone else is delusional.

They are talked about on this forum and ESC twitter. Nobody else is talking about them lol.

I don't hate them personally btw. But eurofans act as if they're as famous and relevant as Sigrid or Astrid S, which they're not.

Nobody outside the ESC bubble listens to them? Welcome to the Eurovision Song Contest. The news of the day that nobody - including Duncan Laurence, the winner - has much relevance from that 2019 line-up outside the bubble. Very few artists became truly famed internationally. Not even Loreen is that well known. This is not 1974 anymore, ESC is a niche contest with little impact on the music industry. Maneskin was the sole exception.

However, INSIDE the bubble, KEIINO is relevant. More than 98% of the artists from the last 10 years. And that's what matters, when we analyse their televote win. As for their charted songs, in my honest opinion, Spirit in the Sky, while was good enough to get me into them is not even in their 10 best songs. Maybe not even in top 15.

If you want to listen something remarkable, try stuff like Unbreakable, Alt Du Kan Se, Nights of Thunder, Venus, Summer of My Life, Black Leather, or the live version of Roar Like a Lion featuring Te Hau Tawhiti, an indigenous maori group.

As for their new song, I haven't listened yet, I hope it doesn't follow the Ritma/Get Up trend.

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damdiggida is definitely trying to play off of Cha Cha Cha’s success with the repetitive chorus vibe. Not sure what to make of it yet… much prefer Monument though. We’ll see if this is in!

SAYAY

I am not being dramatic when I say Stig Karlsen should be sent to The Hague
I think this clip, like the one of Damdiggida, has been sped up so that it was possible to post on twitter since the clip of both songs lasts "only" a bit over 2 minutes, so I imagine that it will sound a bit different when I actually listen to them on Spotify. Not really a big fan of the 90s dance sound both Damdiggida and this has though sadly, so per now I am not really impressed with either. They both give me next to nothing.

Last edited:

MopManMoss

Veteran
I think this clip, like the one of Damdiggida, has been sped up so that it was possible to post on twitter since the clip of both songs lasts "only" a bit over 2 minutes, so I imagine that it will sound a bit different when I actually listen to them on Spotify. Not really a big fan of the 90s dance sound both Damdiggida and this has though sadly, so per now I am not really impressed with either. They both give me next to nothing.
It's not been sped up you just can't post videos longer than 2minutes 20 without paying

Top Bottom