3 1.7%

10 5.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MAD20

The Nordic countries tend to not got for the same act twice (unless it is a Eurovision winner).
Let's not forget the Loreen crime in the Melodifestivalen 2017 and going instead for... Robin Bengtsson. The only Loreen's song I keep listening on a regular basis.

KEiiNO and Rybak again? Please, no... As seen from recent MGP editions, Norway is filled with talent, I'm sure there's much more to offer from newcomers.

Sparky

Lots of pure comedy gold in this thread. Keiino participated 5 years ago in ESC and had another entry 3 years ago that lost to an inferior song, YET, they are still the hottest topic in all ESC related forums, many still think they are the antichrist of good music.

Keiino won that televote because they were recognisable enough to be a hot topic 5 years later, while most people completely forgot like 90% of the ESC participants since then.

Also they have released albums and over 30 songs since then, no way it was just an ESC supergroup with smoke and mirrors, they became a legit band with legit sound. This is part of the reason their legacy is still fresh, and they are still talked about. At the end of the day, the dust has settled, televoters were right.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Lots of pure comedy gold in this thread. Keiino participated 5 years ago in ESC and had another entry 3 years ago that lost to an inferior song, YET, they are still the hottest topic in all ESC related forums, many still think they are the antichrist of good music.

Keiino won that televote because they were recognisable enough to be a hot topic 5 years later, while most people completely forgot like 90% of the ESC participants since then.

Also they have released albums and over 30 songs since then, no way it was just an ESC supergroup with smoke and mirrors, they became a legit band with legit sound. This is part of the reason their legacy is still fresh, and they are still talked about. At the end of the day, the dust has settled, televoters were right.

Nobody outside the ESC bubble listens to them. And apart from Monument and Spirit in the Sky none of their songs charted in Norway. So to think they are more relevant than anyone else is delusional.

They are talked about on this forum and ESC twitter. Nobody else is talking about them lol.

I don't hate them personally btw. But eurofans act as if they're as famous and relevant as Sigrid or Astrid S, which they're not.

SAYAY

A couple of norwegian fans was yesterday invited to NRK to get a little pre-listen to the songs before the launch that happens tomorrow, so there is already now a small amount of people who actually knows who is in and has had a taste of this years songs. They are of course not allowed to do any name dropping, but ESCNORGE had a livestream yesterday where they kinda summarized the thing and spilled some tea (or at least as much as they were allowed to haha!). I have made a little list here about some of the things they said that caught my attention.

• Someone that many have guessed is in this year, is in fact NOT in. (I have no idea who they actually were referring to just to point that out. This statement can mean many things honestly)
  • There was said to be "high party factor" and only "one ballad-ish song", and also that there is many different genres. I dont know quite what to make of this, but I suppose that can also mean many things.
  • A couple of artists has had to travel "from afar" for this years MGP.
  • A couple of the songs that is in this year is already released and available for listening (I dont know how many songs this is the case for)
  • There seems to be a at least one song or maybe a couple that are being performed in norwegian.
  • Like last year, everyone only has the option to vote for one song (at least in the final, I must admit I dont remember from last year if we only had the option to vote for one song in the semi finals last year).
I think they will also have another livestream this evening. If I have time, I will try to follow that in case they say anything interesting :cool:

EDIT; I am also currently seeing that Margaret Berger (esc 2013) have released a song called "Oblivion" now and it lasts for 3:06 seconds. I am not saying for certain that she in buuuuuut I mean ;)

Kitakaze

Damdiggida has dropped. The 90s pop diva in me loves it but I can already see juries crucifying it. Huge televote potential though and would still do extremely well IMO.

rasmuslights

Veteran
A couple of norwegian fans was yesterday invited to NRK to get a little pre-listen to the songs before the launch that happens tomorrow, so there is already now a small amount of people who actually knows who is in and has had a taste of this years songs. They are of course not allowed to do any name dropping, but ESCNORGE had a livestream yesterday where they kinda summarized the thing and spilled some tea (or at least as much as they were allowed to haha!). I have made a little list here about some of the things they said that caught my attention.

• Someone that many have guessed is in this year, is in fact NOT in. (I have no idea who they actually were referring to just to point that out. This statement can mean many things honestly)
  • There was said to be "high party factor" and only "one ballad-ish song", and also that there is many different genres. I dont know quite what to make of this, but I suppose that can also mean many things.
  • A couple of artists has had to travel "from afar" for this years MGP.
  • A couple of the songs that is in this year is already released and available for listening (I dont know how many songs this is the case for)
  • There seems to be a at least one song or maybe a couple that are being performed in norwegian.
  • Like last year, everyone only has the option to vote for one song (at least in the final, I must admit I dont remember from last year if we only had the option to vote for one song in the semi finals last year).
I think they will also have another livestream this evening. If I have time, I will try to follow that in case they say anything interesting :cool:

EDIT; I am also currently seeing that Margaret Berger (esc 2013) have released a song called "Oblivion" now and it lasts for 3:06 seconds. I am not saying for certain that she in buuuuuut I mean ;)

only one ballad? out of 18 songs? are they for real?

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Damdiggida has dropped. The 90s pop diva in me loves it but I can already see juries crucifying it. Huge televote potential though and would still do extremely well IMO.

Did we listen to the same thing? Cuz...

What in the fucking nightcore is this? Why is Alexandra's voice on helium? Why is Fred scatting and not yoiking?

This is the fucking definition of "not understanding the assigment". Juries will hate this, but televoters won't give two shits about it either.

May it lose, badly.

SAYAY

only one ballad? out of 18 songs? are they for real?
I dont think that's what the person who said this actually means to be honest. I think there is probably at least a handfull of songs that maybe can be classified as ballads, but I dont think they will be dominating the field. They said that there was a "wide amount of genres" represented this time and that there is "high party factor", so the slow songs/ballads might not be in majority. But maybe if they do another livestream tonight they will talk more about this and explain more what it means, because the first one they did kinda right after they had listened to things, so maybe now the impressions has had some time to settle in properly :D

Kitakaze

What in the fucking nightcore is this? Why is Alexandra's voice on helium? Why is Fred scatting and not yoiking?

This is the fucking definition of "not understanding the assigment". Juries will hate this, but televoters won't give two shits about it either.

May it lose, badly.

If they came back with something similar to Monument, people would say it was inferior or that they were trying too hard again. Yet, at least it‘s fun and whimsical which is what people said Monument was lacking. This is the same audience who voted for TIX and Subwoolfer so I fully expect to be a contender.

SAYAY

Farida most likely returning with the song Heartache which is out at midnight. She's denying it on twitter but I don't believe her.

Someday can mean tomorrow Farida ;):cool::ROFLMAO:

May it lose, badly.

Well, in the livestream they actually also did say that there would be some 90s kinda vibe in MGP this year so I think we can more or less count this in as one of the songs in this years MGP at least. ;) But is this actually the finished version and not a demo? Cause It only lasts for 2 minutes?

Last edited:

SAYAY

This doesn't seem totally far off at least. Erika Norwich is a name that has been speculated along with Vidar Villa and Mathilde SPZ. Emilie Hollow is a positive surprise for me if that is true! She helped write the English lyrics to Fallen Angel and is a just as talented as a singer as she is songwriter! I assume the title of her song is "Månemannen" which basically loosely translated means "The man in the moon". Interesting if she is choosing to sing in Norwegian! (Good interesting I mean).

Alessandra is most definitely not in thought. She has tour dates on the MGP-saturdays in Europe and they have been planned for months.

Alexy

From what I heard, will Alan Walker also participate in the MGP? To be true?

Top Bottom