• Total voters

Krishoes

Re: GREECE 2018 - Gianna Terzi - Óneiró Mou

Woah, the season of random cities + 2019 is finally started xheat

randajad

Super Moderator
Staff member

God, I hate this with passion. It sounds Greek at least.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

I quite like this actually. I like the atmosphere. 7 points for now, but could maybe be a grower.

Realest

God, I hate this with passion.

Why?

I mean its not "This is Love"-Quality, but is it really this bad?

randajad

Super Moderator
Staff member

Why?

I mean its not "This is Love"-Quality, but is it really this bad?
Let’s just hope we won’t hear This Is Love ever again. Amen. No, no the quality is fine, but just like Serbia, it is just too much. It’s forcing itself on me. Lol

DaFlo

Banned

Did they change the entry name to "Yianna Terzi - Oniro Mou" ? That's how it displays on Youtube/Spotify now.. am confused

Nicholas123

Did they change the entry name to "Yianna Terzi - Oniro Mou" ? That's how it displays on Youtube/Spotify now.. am confused

Well, I cannot blame you. :lol: I also have a confusion, when I write greek words in standard latin alphabet and try to keep them phonetically correct.
The greek word “όνειρο" is written with the double-digit vowel “ει" (pronounced as “I’), so the team of Panik thought that it should be written similarly in english, but it obviously caused a confusion to foreign people on how to pronounce it. So, I think that this change is the right choice.
There’s also a similar issue with our singer's name. She is being as “Gianna” on I tunes, spotify etc, but she uses “Yianna” on her social media accounts, which is, imo, more accurate and close to the way greeks pronounce it. ;)

DaFlo

Banned

Well, I cannot blame you. :lol: I also have a confusion, when I write greek words in standard latin alphabet and try to keep them phonetically correct.
The greek word “όνειρο" is written with the double-digit vowel “ει" (pronounced as “I’), so the team of Panik thought that it should be written similarly in english, but it obviously caused a confusion to foreign people on how to pronounce it. So, I think that this change is the right choice.
There’s also a similar issue with our singer's name. She is being as “Gianna” on I tunes, spotify etc, but she uses “Yianna” on her social media accounts, which is, imo, more accurate and close to the way greeks pronounce it. ;)

Oh lol, thank you :lol:

I only need to know how to correctly scrobble this song on last.fm xpokerface

Carian

Its far better than ''This is love''

LOL. I think that already mentioning this year's Greek pearl with that last year's "megali katastrofi" is offensive and unbearable thought in itself. Finally, Greece! Welcome back to big stage. Mexri twra exete to kalytero tragoudi! M'aresei para poly!!!xmusicxdance

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

So far its the only song i can add to my favorites list this year xshrug its great tho xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

So far its the only song i can add to my favorites list this year xshrug its great tho xheat

I'm surprised whenever I see people disliking this year even more than I am at the moment. Hopefully soon you will have a song to enjoy from Cyprus at least too.

But yeah, Greece is greatxheat

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

I'm surprised whenever I see people disliking this year even more than I am at the moment. Hopefully soon you will have a song to enjoy from Cyprus at least too.

In my best dreams i have Greece and Cyprus as my main faves xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

In my best dreams i have Greece and Cyprus as my main faves xheat

I have a feeling I might have them high in my list too. This year things are happening that i'd never dream. Albania has already let me down and precious San Marino holds that risk too. A top 3 without them for me will feel weird.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well I have a couple of songs I am enjoying a lot, but nothing that I want to add to my music player or anything I am directly going to listen to with excitement. Everything is ranging from ok to atrocious, except my very top 2. Cyprus is my big hope this year and I will be super disappointed if it doesn't deliver. WV with the endless hits has spoiled eurovision quality for me.

FYI, This song has constantly been coming up as a suggestion for me in Youtube so it's randomly played quite a lot while I listen to music on youtube. At first I was super disappointed with this song, I thought of it as incredibly dull and monotone throughout with no interesting hook to it, all that was going for it was the fact it was Greek and and not bland basic pop. However, while I still think that to a certain degree it is starting to grow on me and i'm finding myself more drawn to the song and listening to it in full instead of just rolling my eyes and skipping. I don't think it's any masterpiece that i'm dying over as the saviour from the gods like Yaroslav seems to be, but I appreciate and enjoy it more now. If it was less monotone and had more of an interesting beat then i'd probably have it at the top of my rank, but with it growing on me It's moving up my rank and I am enjoying it more now. Changing my score to an 8 for now but maybe more in the future.

Top Bottom